shape
carat
color
clarity

My new montana sapphire...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I swear people here think alike. I ordered a montana sapphire about 2 days before the pic of the montana sapphire ring was posted LOL. I just got it in yesterday. I bought it from the mine owner. It is unheated and un treated. Has someminor feather inclusions in the back of the stone that can be seen if light is shining straight through it, but is difficult to see set.
It is 1.1cts.

Pic in indirect sunlight. This bad boy has more reflection then a diamond.
It has a very cool mint blue green color. Never seen a sapphire this color before! The less light in the room, the more it seems to glow.
(dontmind the nasty nails...wrapping presents yesterday and chipped them to heck)

sapphire864.JPG

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Another pic

sapphire876.JPG

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The sparkle of this stone!

sapphire8873.JPG

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The glow of this stone is amazing

sapphire99new1.JPG

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade

sapphire99new.JPG

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very nice. I like your first photo the best, really shows the stone, maybe you could take a few close ups of it?

Congrats and TFS!!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I love EC''s, especially when they''re in "watery" shades
1.gif
Are you thinking about setting it?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Cose up

sapphireclose8876.JPG

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Took this one in my kitchen 15x magnification....for some reason the bright natural lighting in there made it look more blue then the minty green in the living rooms more diffused lighting? You can see the inclusions when its magnified, but from hand lvl you cant even notice they are there.
What is EC?

I do think this stone would look best set. I put it in an empty setting at a jewelry store and the setting makes the color look even more glowey and hides the inclusions. Maybe I will have hubby set it for my b day in march. I love emerald cuts!

sapphireclose9983.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 1:46:10 PM
Author: Tropicgal10
Took this one in my kitchen 15x magnification....for some reason the bright natural lighting in there made it look more blue then the minty green in the living rooms more diffused lighting? You can see the inclusions when its magnified, but from hand lvl you cant even notice they are there.
What is EC?

I do think this stone would look best set. I put it in an empty setting at a jewelry store and the setting makes the color look even more glowey and hides the inclusions. Maybe I will have hubby set it for my b day in march. I love emerald cuts!
"EC" just stands for emerald cut. Beautiful stone!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! Lovely color, like looking into a tide pool.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results