shape
carat
color
clarity

My new LOGR ring is lovely mbut jeweler is not

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tool my ring and my sapphire cushion in to have it set. The jeweler is fairly well know here and I haven't heard anything bad about them so I thought I would try them setting my stone. I went to pick it up, and it didn't look like I had hoped. I went to get something to eat and sat there and kept looking at it and running my finger over the prongs, it snagged me.

I took it back to the jeweler and told them to take a look at it that it felt rough on one of the prongs. Well one lady looked at it and I heard her whisper to another lady that the stone wasn't set properly, (not seated in the prongs correctly). So I waited while the owner of the store looked at it and he didn't say much other than he would have the stone setter look at it and fix the prong or smooth it out and to come back in a week.

So now I am wiating ANOTHER week for my ring and I don't have confidence in them. I'm afraid they will ruin the setting (prongs) trying to correct the first mistake. I can't stop thinking about it and worrying.

If it comes out bad again, what can I do? Can I ask that they reimburse me the cost of the setting and the setting fee? What do jewelers normally do.

Also I assume that they set the stones themselves being a well known and higher end store but was told someone comes in and sets their stones, not a regular employee. Had I known that I would not have left it there.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear your ring didn''t come out the way you thought it would. Mine didn''t either, and prongs were part of the reason. I was told by two different jewelers though, that the prongs were not installed correctly to begin with. Mine is an LOGR setting too so I don''t know if that''s a possibility with yours also. I don''t know if a jeweler will reimburse you for a setting you didn''t buy from them or not. That''s probably one of the reasons a lot of them won''t set something they didn''t sell you. I think in my case I''m going to just take mine elsewhere and see what can be done to fix the problem, even though it might be more costly. I''ll take the $25 setting loss I guess, even though I''m not too thrilled about it. Here is a link to my thread in case you''re interested.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-malaya-garnet-in-a-logr-setting.98394/

I loved the fact that my setting was inexpensive, but I am realizing you gotta have some good luck to get something great for really cheap. I''m thinking I got what I paid for.
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results