shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Lab 3.25ct Antique Elongated Cushion!

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Today, I picked up my new lab Antique Cushion Cut / Elongated OMC diamond, set in a 4-prong pave shank ring, from ID Jewelry in New York. Ticked off another item from my jewelry bucket list :dance:

3.25ct F VS1
10.15 x 7.62 x 5.16mm
Table: 53.5%
Depth: 67.7%
CVD Type IIa

I stopped by the store 2 weeks ago looking for a setting for a loose ruby, and I asked Yekeutial on a whim if he had any lab antique cushions. He had a gorgeous 4.8ct antique cushion, but unfortunately it was more than I wanted to spend & felt almost too big on me, so I had to turn it down (someone else has since bought it!). When I came back a week later to pick up my ruby ring, Yekeutial was able to call in this 3.25ct cushion which had a very similar cut AND was the size I wanted, so I knew I couldn't let this one go! I went with one of the settings they already had in the store, and honestly I think it came out perfect!

Here it is when it was still loose:
chasiu-lgd-cushion-1-jpg.940224

And today when I picked up the finished ring:
Chasiu LGD AC1.jpg
It was raining on & off in NYC today, so it was overcast on 6th Avenue as I walked out of the store. Great for photos though lol

Chasiu LGD AC2.jpg
Love the pastel purple flash :kiss2:

Chasiu LGD AC3.jpg
Used my loupe to get a super zoomed in shot

Chasiu LGD AC4.jpg
With a purple Vinca

Chasiu LGD AC7.jpg
Side view of the ring

Chasiu LGD AC6.jpg
And one more close up of this lovely piece

I'm definitely over the moon!

Last edited:

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Today, I picked up my new lab Antique Cushion Cut / Elongated OMC diamond, set in a 4-prong pave shank ring, from ID Jewelry in New York. Ticked off another item from my jewelry bucket list :dance:

3.25ct F VS1
10.15 x 7.62 x 5.16mm
CVD Type IIa

I stopped by the store 2 weeks ago looking for a setting for a loose ruby, and I asked Yekeutial on a whim if he had any lab antique cushions. He had a gorgeous 4.8ct antique cushion, but unfortunately it was more than I wanted to spend & felt almost too big on me, so I had to turn it down (someone else has since bought it!). When I came back a week later to pick up my ruby ring, Yekeutial was able to call in this 3.25ct cushion which had a very similar cut AND was the size I wanted, so I knew I couldn't let this one go! I went with one of the settings they already had in the store, and honestly I think it came out perfect!

Chasiu LGD AC1.jpg
It was raining on & off in NYC today, so it was overcast on 6th Avenue as I walked out of the store. Great for photos though lol

Chasiu LGD AC2.jpg

Chasiu LGD AC3.jpg

Chasiu LGD AC4.jpg
With a purple Vinca

Chasiu LGD AC7.jpg
Side view of the ring

Chasiu LGD AC6.jpg

Beautiful!!!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful and looks perfect on your hand. I can see such beautiful color reflections in the stone, even though the sky is overcast. :kiss2:

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, so gorgeous!! Enjoy your new beauty!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love:That's a find, and little wait from start to finish is a bonus. What a honker it is!

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is absolutely stunning! We need more videos and pics!

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
It's also rather dreary today (probably more gray than yesterday!) but will try to take more pictures later. I'm totally distracted at work today staring at her though haha.

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Managed to take some videos too! Tried to do it from a few different places, but was trying my best not to draw attention to myself in the middle of the street lol

1. Indoor lightning
2. Outside on the street
3. In an elevator with fabulous overhead lightning (it makes all of my diamonds look amazing)

Link here:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
How pretty! Love the big flashes of color.

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
The sun finally came out, so took one more video. It's like having a disco ball on my finger :lol:

I’m so happy you found this beautiful gem! It looks perfect on you!

Thank you! I think this is the right size for me (for now lol), so pretty happy with the look without feeling self conscious. Did you ever decide what to do with your amazing cushion too?

How pretty! Love the big flashes of color.

I looove the prismatic flashes on those chunky facets and could honestly stare at it all day. I wish I were better at capturing it on camera so I could share.

:love:That's a find, and little wait from start to finish is a bonus. What a honker it is!

The quick turnaround was definitely appreciated. I was sort of looking on and off through IG but whenever they get posted online, I'm always too slow for whatever reason. Also, seeing it in person helped so much to make a quick decision. I did see another cushion in person from another vendor online that I thought I would like. But when I had it in hand, something just seemed off about the cut (it wasn't bad, I just didn't like the pattern?) so had to reject it.

I don't know many people IRL that have the same sort of jewelry obsession as me, so never really have anyone to talk to about it. So glad I found PS so I can share / enjoy other people's beautiful pieces too!

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That diamond is GORGEOUS. Those bold, chunky flashes are just amazing. Do you find yourself sneaking peeks at it all the time?

Also, have you looked at it in a garden yet? I think it was @Lisa Loves Shiny and a few other ladies who took pics/videos of their chunky cuts outdoors...and it was reflecting all sorts of greens, blues, pastels and absolute gorgeousness.

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
That diamond is GORGEOUS. Those bold, chunky flashes are just amazing. Do you find yourself sneaking peeks at it all the time?

Also, have you looked at it in a garden yet? I think it was @Lisa Loves Shiny and a few other ladies who took pics/videos of their chunky cuts outdoors...and it was reflecting all sorts of greens, blues, pastels and absolute gorgeousness.
Thanks for the tip! I went out to the yard to see if I could get some better photos. There were all sorts of chunky flashes; I need to practice taking photos from better angles lol

She seems to like purples! Was throwing lots of fire near this sage
Chasiu LGD AC8.jpg

Hanging out on some Hosta flowers. Love the facet pattern :kiss2:
Chasiu LGD AC9.jpg

Hiding in the Hydrangea leaves
Chasiu LGD AC10.jpg

Finally got a half decent video with the roses

Last edited:

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for the videos! Do you notice people / friends staring at your new ring ?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So incredibly pretty. Love the pastel flashes

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for the videos! Do you notice people / friends staring at your new ring ?

I brought a friend with me when I picked up the ring, so I know she has been eyeing it (she tried on a ~2.5ct oval while we were at IDJ.. I'm trying to push her to get it haha). And I'm sure my mom noticed too lol.

I have only worn it to the office on Wednesday, and the other days have been WFH, so the only time people would have seen it is when I'm walking past them on the street. I don't feel like people have been staring at it though; it's big enough where it is noticeable, but I think that my size 7 finger makes it look not so huge even though it is objectively large. I've definitely seen people with bigger diamonds on the train, but what probably catches my eye more is how blazingly white it looks. That's probably the only thing I slightly dislike about it - wish it had more warmth to look more like an actual antique stone!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

3.25ct F VS1
10.15 x 7.62 x 5.16mm
CVD Type IIa

Chasiu LGD AC1.jpg

Chasiu LGD AC2.jpg

Chasiu LGD AC3.jpg

Chasiu LGD AC4.jpg
With a purple Vinca

Chasiu LGD AC7.jpg
Side view of the ring

Chasiu LGD AC6.jpg

Oh yummy! That turned out gorgeous!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting all the pics and videos so I can OD on your stone!!!...love this elongated antique cushion cut....hoping the one I found that is this exact size as yours is still available. Yes, you came to the right place to be among those who desire to collect these rare OLD cuts! B2C jewels has some of the best prices on LGD that I have found! Congrats on your special diamond...and ring!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful enjoy!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Would be interested to see your cert. and specs. If you post the cert.# I can look it up. There are only two facet patterns I have seen on these that are slightly different. The short mains are thinner on some. And on some the shorter mains are fat. Yes! the video by the roses captured your stone beautifully.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results