shape
carat
color
clarity

My new kitten :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think I've mentioned her here, but I am just in deep smit over this baby girl. She wasn't named for two whole weeks because I just needed the perfect name for her - and she ended up with a silly name :) Her name is Basha. (if you know Chinese - her actual name is ba shi which means 80 - which is how much I paid for her 80rmb and something my ayi kept muttering under her breath for 3 days and it ended up sticking) Anyway...

I bought her out of the back of a dirty truck parked on a dirty street. I was crossing the street and I saw this white puff and I started walking toward her before I could think and when she looked up at me I just knew I had to save her from whatever chinese life she was going to have. My husband said he would only hate me 8 or 9 on a 10 scale so I ran with it. I just got her and scooped her in my arms, held me close and walked on the busy chinese street for about 4 blocks and got my driver to take me to this dive of a vets.

But she is healthy - not even fleas... no ear mites, no cold. We kept her away from our other cat for a month and it took about 10 days for them to get mostly comfortable.

Here she is - her first picture. Covered in urine and blue ink.

Here she is the next day after a bath. She actually likes bathtime. I think she may be a water cat :)

She has the most beautiful eyes. I know some may think that it is weird looking and it may have been a little startling at first, but I think she's beautiful!

Freaking adorable!! It only let me upload 4 pictures so that's all for now :)

Oh, and she is the best cat I've ever had! I can pick her up and lay down with her and she will just cuddle and nap for 2 hours purring the whole time. She's also maybe the smartest cat I've had. Hard to tell yet since she's still a kitten but she's very quick mentally and contemplative. I see her really think about things. Our other cat looks at things. You can see her processing them. It's funny to watch.

IMG_2237.JPG

11.jpg

10.jpg

18.jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
She's beautiful. Thank you for saving her. I know someone who was in China who attempted to do something similar with a dog and it was not a happy story. So thank you.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
She's beautiful!!! I'm so happy you saved her, LOVE that upside down lovey face she's making at you!!

My uncle brought home a cat under similar circumstances, while he was on vacation in China. She looked just like your Basha, except both her eyes were blue... sweetest cat ever.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay here's 4 more... no captions lol

I will say in this last one that it was the kitty litter that did this. Her paws were vaguely blue (matched the blue ink or dye on her head from when I got her lol) and we kinda thought maybe it was the litter and then one day when we were gone she dumped the whole bag of litter over and played in it for who knows how long and we came back to a) a mess and b) a blue cat. It was all over her face, back, neck... I couldn't get a good shot of the intensity except for her paws lol

IMG_2320.JPG

21.jpg

19.jpg

4.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
omg she is too adorable!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
How much did you pay in US dollars?

lulu

Ideal_Rock
She's beautiful and I'm sure she'll repay you in love for saving her!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness! She is beautiful!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
herekittykitty|1315929226|3016540 said:

About $12-$13. I overpaid. He first said 150rmb which is like 25 bucks or so and I laughed out loud at him. Then he said 80 and I just went with it. I knew I was overpaying but at that point I was okay with it. My ayi said I should have paid 35rmb which is about 5 bucks. She couldn't believe how much money I spent - hence the muttering "eighty" under her breath and giving the cat her name :)

BTW my daughter calls her miss bigglesworth since I carry her around like that a lot lol Ms B too lol

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is adorable...blue paws and all! :bigsmile:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Cehrabehra|1315930825|3016572 said:
herekittykitty|1315929226|3016540 said:

About $12-$13. I overpaid. He first said 150rmb which is like 25 bucks or so and I laughed out loud at him. Then he said 80 and I just went with it. I knew I was overpaying but at that point I was okay with it. My ayi said I should have paid 35rmb which is about 5 bucks. She couldn't believe how much money I spent - hence the muttering "eighty" under her breath and giving the cat her name :)

BTW my daughter calls her miss bigglesworth since I carry her around like that a lot lol Ms B too lol

I don't believe you can over pay for a pet's happy life, and your own happiness resulting from them. She's beautiful. Kudos to you for saving her.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh. :love: :love: :love: :love: I LOVE those eyes!! And that soft, white fur! What a beautiful little darling. The blue is pretty hilarious!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful.
Her eyes look like colored diamonds.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you Thank You THANK YOU for saving her life! she is just so beautiful!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
what a beautiful kitten~ and one of a kind who likes bathtime! I have to be fully gears to give my kitty a bath.. :bigsmile:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Kenny can relate anything with FCD :bigsmile:

kenny|1315933099|3016608 said:
Beautiful.
Her eyes look like colored diamonds.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cehra you are an angel and Basha is stinkin' cute. Blue cat ....very rare species ;))

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow she is so beautiful. What lovely eyes, hypnotic.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
She is a cutie. I love that bath picture, her in the tub with water. How wonderful of you to take her.

I giggled at what your husband said about hating you about 8 or 9. So I just want to say I love her eyes, but only her right. lol.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I love her different colored eyes! She's adorable!

I like dogs, but I love kitties!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is a beauty! I am not really a cat person, but if I had seen her in an alley I would have scooped her up too! So sweet!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwwww she is heart-melting :love: :love: :love: ::)

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Oh my LORD she's gorgeous! I want to skritch her pretty cheek puffs! So awesome you saved her :appl: :appl: :appl: She looks like a cottonball. I adore the bi-colored eyes, so pretty.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A big giant thank you for saving this kitty. You're my hero. You're awesome. And Basha is one of the most beautiful cats I've ever seen- she's adorable!!!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I have seen her around the internets before but gosh these glamor photos really show her exceptional adorableness. Such a rare beauty...she looks like the result of a pillowfight after all has calmed down. I feel relaxed just looking at her.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is adorable! I hope you have many years of joy with her.

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty!!! I just want to cuddle her. My family has always had animals ( everything from amazing pedigrees to street dogs that even the vet can't figure out what type of mix he is) but we can't have animals because of my SO and while he is pretty hairy it is not the same thing! I want a kitty.

mogster

Shiny_Rock
What a darling kitten! She just has the most wonderful expressions.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
What a sweetheart she is :love: . I'm a sucker for any kitties, but I have to say that she looks very special to me. :appl:

Is it my failing eyesight or does she have one blue eye and one golden green (eye)?

I hope you'll have many happy years with her. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results