shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Hexagon!

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
I haven’t said anything because you all would think I was crazy!

I’ve been searching and searching for a step cut hexagon and have been turned down by many dealers. Apparently, they are very rare to find over a carat. Many dealers have told me they could have one cut for me, but at 1.5carats the price was 18k+ due to the specific shape the rough has to be ect.

Just when I was about to give up- one dealer was at a trade show and found a 1.56 H/I vs1 that was just cut. I took a risk. bought it sight unseen (except for a video) knowing it wasn’t returnable. Well, it came today and it couldn’t be more perfect! I was worried about the I color, and it is soo much whiter than I expected when I opened it!

It measures 7.5x8.5 and I think I am going to set it in a rose gold band (after sending the stone to GIA.

Ok! Here are the videos I took this afternoon!

9B101AD3-60AC-498C-BB82-07ADA20FCA94.png

Last edited:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love hexagon cuts! Yours is beautiful.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE THIS CUT! I can't wait to see it set! Who is the seller? I'd love to see more!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh oh! You found one! This looks great. How are you setting it again?

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
D4F48F7F-0F5A-4E94-97C4-07CB2CA4C6F4.jpeg
Oh oh! You found one! This looks great. How are you setting it again?

Thank you! I don’t want to admit how much time I’ve been trying to track down this stone!

I’m going to set it in a rose gold band.

The blue will be the band and the yellow will be a very thin bezel. The top and bottom (flat edges) will be open.

Attachments

• 76C6B507-27D6-4A23-A24D-E2784B1BDB11.jpeg
    76C6B507-27D6-4A23-A24D-E2784B1BDB11.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 19

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
LOVE THIS CUT! I can't wait to see it set! Who is the seller? I'd love to see more!

I do too! Soo unique. I feel my round brilliant is classic, but this is different (like me!). My only concern was that you can see right though the center of the stone- but when I found out all the hexagons are cut like that, it stopped bothering me. I swear, i could write a book on hexagons at this point

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Would a setting with faux foiling solve the issue of seeing through the diamond? It is a supremely gorgeous diamond and I am looking forward to the hand shots once set.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
If there really were step 'rose' cuts, they should look like this. I am not kidding.

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
I’ve seen hex cuts that aren’t see-through, but they’re pretty unusual.

1BC0A6B8-CC6D-486C-BB4F-71F871559FD8.png 8F76A92B-3AF2-4194-84FF-72345EDDD7F8.png

I’ve looked at that one ohh to many times! If only it were in the budget. The funny thing is that you see through the stone when you hold it up in the air. When it’s pressed against something, the steps come back. They have a mind of their own!

Last edited:

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
Would a setting with faux foiling solve the issue of seeing through the diamond? It is a supremely gorgeous diamond and I am looking forward to the hand shots once set.

It’s only when it’s held loose in the air. When I hover it over my othe band, the steps come back. I actually like the seeing through part though. It’s very cool how the fire comes from the crown steps!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is one cool stone!

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Amazing cut and stone. Never seen the hexagon details before... stunning

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember your hunt for a stone like this & thinking nope, no way, you’ll have to have one custom cut.

So to see this is amazing! Cannot wait to see your new band as the idea is absolutely perfect! Who shall be making it for you & when can we expect to see it?

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow!! Cant wait to see it set. Ah, wish I could play with it, what an exciting find. :appl::wavey:

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
So cool, can’t wait to see the finished ring!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely marvelous!!! Patience & perseverance paid off!!! I can’t wait to see it on your hand!!
Please share your journey, and return with photos!!
In the meantime, keep sharing this lovely!!!! It’s so beautiful!! :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have but one word. Hexagonalicious.:love:

OK I have a few more words. More pics please when the ring is complete.:appl:

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
I remember your hunt for a stone like this & thinking nope, no way, you’ll have to have one custom cut.

So to see this is amazing! Cannot wait to see your new band as the idea is absolutely perfect! Who shall be making it for you & when can we expect to see it?

Hi Alex! My thoughts exactly! I knew I should never buy a stone without seeing it and without a return policy- and I did it right with my rb. After being turned down by soo many, I knew if I didn’t grab this- I would just have to lay the idea to rest.

I actually had a few vendors tell me they could take a 3 carat diamond and cut it down to 1.5! Crazy!! (I would rather take the 3 carat)

I’m taking it to my local jeweler today To send off to Gia and then they will make the ring! because it’s unique, I’m not really concerned about the color and clarity. I know it does not have flour. The only thing that would be bad is if it were clarity enhanced ect, which I highly doubt.

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW! I'm so glad you found the one! I truly can't wait to see it set.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a cool cut! There was one on ebay a while ago, fancy yellow but set in a ring... I almost pulled the trigger... sadly I did not, or fortunately I didn't.... Can't wait to see it set.I'm always looking for unique...something

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results