shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Hat Pin with OEC

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

I would like to share my new purchase. I have recently got into wearing boutonnieres. I have a variety of them to help spruce up my waistcoat.

I was searching and found something on eBay and loved it.. But i had to get more pics and enlisted the help of Gypsy ( :wavey: :appl: )to help me understand the cut of the OEC based on pics. And of course my dear friend (the voice of reason) susimoo :bigsmile: .....

I dont really know the specs but i dare say it about 0.1ct and maybe a warm colour... not sure what grade...

Email and pictures traded and then hit BUY!!!!!!
any way....here are the pic i have.....

Enjoy.....

pin_and_close_up.jpg

close_up_0.jpg

close_up_2.jpg

close_up_4.jpg

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
How unique and cool! I love the vintage bling and it really gives your coat some character. The engraving is beautiful, too. Nice buy!!!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nice buy :appl:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
SparklySoprano|1454382769|3985449 said:
How unique and cool! I love the vintage bling and it really gives your coat some character. The engraving is beautiful, too. Nice buy!!!

Thank you.. it is my fav boutonniere.

thecat said:

Thanx!!!! I love it.....

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So dapper! I love this. The perfect addition.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very distinguished and sophisticated and elegant. Love it on you Greg. :love: Congratulations on a lovely purchase. I bet you are one of the best dressed gentlemen around. :appl:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
missy said:
Very distinguished and sophisticated and elegant. Love it on you Greg. :love: Congratulations on a lovely purchase. I bet you are one of the best dressed gentlemen around. :appl:

Thank you Missy...a few ppl have asked if i was going to a wedding; i just told them i am going to work....:)

ihy138 said:
So dapper! I love this. The perfect addition.

Thank you ihy138.... it is a great piece to the collection.. my fav boutinniere!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg I think it is perfect for every day and going to work so don't let a few silly comments deter you from wearing and enjoying your gorgeous OEC pin. Please trust me on this. My dh has impeccable taste and he gives it his thumbs up approval. Wear and enjoy it!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that looks awesome... gives your suit and tie that extra ooomph! of class.. love it..

(eta: sorry if that sounds like I meant it wasn't classy, it is.) peace.

gregchang35|1454378795|3985414 said:
Hi all,

I would like to share my new purchase. I have recently got into wearing boutonnieres. I have a variety of them to help spruce up my waistcoat.

I was searching and found something on eBay and loved it.. But i had to get more pics and enlisted the help of Gypsy ( :wavey: :appl: )to help me understand the cut of the OEC based on pics. And of course my dear friend (the voice of reason) susimoo :bigsmile: .....

I dont really know the specs but i dare say it about 0.1ct and maybe a warm colour... not sure what grade...

Email and pictures traded and then hit BUY!!!!!!
any way....here are the pic i have.....

Enjoy.....

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely measure of trendsetting you've accomplished, Sir Greg!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
missy|1454412907|3985561 said:
Greg I think it is perfect for every day and going to work so don't let a few silly comments deter you from wearing and enjoying your gorgeous OEC pin. Please trust me on this. My dh has impeccable taste and he gives it his thumbs up approval. Wear and enjoy it!

Missy - Thank you. When ppl were commenting i took it as a compliment.... in the sense that they appreciated that i look smart and different for everyday... cos they have never seen an outfit/ how i dress unless they are going/ been to a wedding.

You are right, it doesn't deter me at all. I think that i am giving ppl an idea on how work clothes can be spruced up. it may not be their cup of tea, but it certainly is mine, for now :) And, I love this pin and will wear it well. i have a few others : mainly flowers but there is one other with is a chinese dragon with a coin as its stopper. I post on [email protected] on FB....i may be a bit of an internet wh*#&... but, if anyone cares to follow me... hehehe.

Thank your hubby for me! i appreciate his thumbs up!!!! :wavey: :appl:

how are things going with you??? i recall a while ago, that things have been rather tumultous and recovery was crazy... i havent been on PS like i used to be.. i just check in now and then....
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thanx tekate- i took it for what it meant... i didnt take it for the other way at all...
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thanx Jimmianne...i am not sure of trendsetting..... i work in the suburbs and i dont see any one else dress things up like this.... though, i work in a rather small shopping centre.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
What a great way to use an old hat pin!! I love when old pieces can be used or worn in a new way! Doesn't it feel great wearing something from another time! Beautiful piece! Enjoy!! If I spot any other special antique hat pins I will send pictures your :love: :appl: way!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
BBziggy.... pls do! and thank you....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely piece, Greg!!! You are quite a stylish dresser!

Q

Queenie60

Quite dapper Greg! It certainly dresses up your coat and such a lovely way to use an old hat pin. I always appreciate a man with good taste! :wavey:

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
The detailed engraving on that "pansie" is beautiful....so cool!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very handsome!!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful piece! I love how you have chosen to wear it also! :appl: :appl: :appl:

bugbear

Shiny_Rock
Neat! Looks great!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
bbziggy|1454421699|3985590 said:
What a great way to use an old hat pin!! I love when old pieces can be used or worn in a new way! Doesn't it feel great wearing something from another time! Beautiful piece! Enjoy!! If I spot any other special antique hat pins I will send pictures your :love: :appl: way!

bbziggy i just looked at the original listing and it is actually a stick pin.... i was looking at hat pins as well... so i got it all confused! doesnt take much these days!!!!!! LOL...

Thanx to Bug bear and crystal24k,
JDDN thanx for the compliment... :oops:

tyty333 thanx!!!

ariel144- a pansie.. thanx... i am a bit slow on these things....flower is what i could only think of! LOL....

Queenie60 :wavey: I like to think that i add something to the visual populous! LOL...

DS- well stylish when i go to work now.... it was rather boring with a shirt and tie.. so dressed it up with the waistcoat and then the bouttonniers.....yay! :wavey:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
just trying something new today....
2 pins...

2xpins.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a great find! I love how it gives a "pop" of sparkle and color. :)

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pin is beautiful! I love the detail! The idea of wearing the hat pin on your clothing is wonderful.

What is the material of the second pin? Are those stones on it?

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
mochiko42|1454466944|3985990 said:
It's a great find! I love how it gives a "pop" of sparkle and color. :)
thank you.. a pop of sparkle and colour!!!

december-fire said:
Your pin is beautiful! I love the detail! The idea of wearing the hat pin on your clothing is wonderful.

What is the material of the second pin? Are those stones on it?

Thank you!!!! i am not sure of the material- it is textured.... i got it on ebay and i am linking it here so you can see the material....
it has indents (not perforated) in the material.. not sure of how else to describe it....as you can see from the link... super cheap... so i may have bought a few different kinds LOL

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/400940262112?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it!!! :D Lucky you are wearing it as a pin, I see things that and am always tempted to buy them cut the pin part off and turn them into pendants etc....

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
arkieb1 said:
I like it!!! :D Lucky you are wearing it as a pin, I see things that and am always tempted to buy them cut the pin part off and turn them into pendants etc....

i am sure my girls will do the same with this pin..... :lol:

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really like the design and look of this. Great purchase!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I somehow missed this thread originally, but just wanted to say how much I love your new pin! It's really beautiful! :appl: I love the style in which you are wearing it too! Quite creative! Congrats!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very sharp!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results