shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Gorgeous Sapphire (and a phenomenal seller)!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After plunging back into the gemstone world, I decided I needed a gorgeous vivid blue sapphire in my life! I looked around for ages and found so many Instagram sellers selling vivid gemstones that I got a bit worried because everything seemed too good to be true. Anyway, to cut a long story short, quite by accident I was browsing online and found a seller that was unknown to me and he had my "dream" sapphire. Smaller than I wanted but oh my - the cut, the colour!!!!!!! Of course I did my due diligence and searched for the company in PS but couldn't find much - so I was still nervous.

I was so so so worried by using a seller I haven't dealt with before but decided to make an enquiry. I contacted Adamantgems via their website to enquire about "my precious"! Ivan, the owner of Adamant International Ltd replied, answering all the questions I had sent him plus more insights. As I was worried how the sapphire would perform in dreary grey conditions (ie the UK), he sent me about 10 different videos of the sapphire using all different lighting conditions, inside, outside, bright sunlight, shaded etc etc. He told me all about the sapphire and how they had recut it and anything I wanted to know Ivan helped with. I have NEVER had such phenomenal customer service. There was no pressure to buy and Ivan told me not to worry about making an immediate purchase and to take my time making the decision. Honestly, I think this was the best gemstone buying experience I've ever had.

At every step of the way, Ivan kept me informed - the packaging, the sending to the courier, the tracking etc etc. and unbelievably the sapphire arrived in less than a week!

I'm having CADs made at the moment and it's likely to be a 5 stone ring with slightly smaller ovals to each side and then rounded trilliants on the outside. I need finger estate and so getting this with such a small stone is a challenge as I didn't want a halo. So, here is my precious! (Please excuse my old wrinkled hands)! Final photo was taken from Ivan's website as it shows the beautiful cut so well.

Sapphire Barion Cut A.jpg

Sapphire Barion Cut B.jpg

Blue sapphire.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous colour and cut, thanks for sharing, and I look forward to seeing the finished ring!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful colour, cut and shape!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning sapphire - and your 5-stone design sounds like a perfect home!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
What a find! That is going to make an amazing piece.
I have that site bookmarked!

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
What an absolutely beautiful sapphire! That colour, and the cut. Just gorgeous.

It's great to hear you had such a good experience with the seller - I had seen his website before and he has really lovely sapphires.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yaaaasssss!!!

I'll have what you're having, LD! Stunning.

Reactions: LD

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He told me all about the sapphire and how they had recut it and anything I wanted to know Ivan helped with. I have NEVER had such phenomenal customer service. There was no pressure to buy and Ivan told me not to worry about making an immediate purchase and to take my time making the decision. Honestly, I think this was the best gemstone buying experience I've ever had.

Ivan is great -- I had an identical experience with him years ago. Lovely sapphire, btw!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous color and cut! Thank you for the review, I love hearing about excellent vendors through the site and will add them to my personal list :)

pebbles7

Rough_Rock
Very nice !

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
The color is outstanding but they cut! Love love love it

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
After plunging back into the gemstone world, I decided I needed a gorgeous vivid blue sapphire in my life! I looked around for ages and found so many Instagram sellers selling vivid gemstones that I got a bit worried because everything seemed too good to be true. Anyway, to cut a long story short, quite by accident I was browsing online and found a seller that was unknown to me and he had my "dream" sapphire. Smaller than I wanted but oh my - the cut, the colour!!!!!!! Of course I did my due diligence and searched for the company in PS but couldn't find much - so I was still nervous.

I was so so so worried by using a seller I haven't dealt with before but decided to make an enquiry. I contacted Adamantgems via their website to enquire about "my precious"! Ivan, the owner of Adamant International Ltd replied, answering all the questions I had sent him plus more insights. As I was worried how the sapphire would perform in dreary grey conditions (ie the UK), he sent me about 10 different videos of the sapphire using all different lighting conditions, inside, outside, bright sunlight, shaded etc etc. He told me all about the sapphire and how they had recut it and anything I wanted to know Ivan helped with. I have NEVER had such phenomenal customer service. There was no pressure to buy and Ivan told me not to worry about making an immediate purchase and to take my time making the decision. Honestly, I think this was the best gemstone buying experience I've ever had.

At every step of the way, Ivan kept me informed - the packaging, the sending to the courier, the tracking etc etc. and unbelievably the sapphire arrived in less than a week!

I'm having CADs made at the moment and it's likely to be a 5 stone ring with slightly smaller ovals to each side and then rounded trilliants on the outside. I need finger estate and so getting this with such a small stone is a challenge as I didn't want a halo. So, here is my precious! (Please excuse my old wrinkled hands)! Final photo was taken from Ivan's website as it shows the beautiful cut so well.

Sapphire Barion Cut A.jpg

Sapphire Barion Cut B.jpg

Blue sapphire.jpg

not sure any more saturation is possible. What a perfect beauty!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
That's absolutely beautiful!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that looks lovely!!!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That blue is so vibrant! I bet you could see that baby from across the room. :love: I can’t wait to seehow your setting turns out.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's really beautiful!
That amazing blue! :kiss2:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is your regular "diamond" guy doing the CADs?
Will we be kept in suspense until the ring is done?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is your regular "diamond" guy doing the CADs?
Will we be kept in suspense until the ring is done?

Unfortunately not. I'm actually working with somebody new and it's not been easy! I don't like her CADs and am having to make tons of adjustments. Hopefully I'll have something better to look at today or next week.

I'm going for a 5 stone ring and she did me some CADs that had trilliants at each side and honestly it's so wrong because the outer edge is pointed and the rest of the ring is soft and rounded. She then tried it with baguettes and it's yuck! So I've asked her to do something with all ovals. I'll post photos of all CADs when I've nearly decided on one!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness ❤️
That color is so vibrant and bold and beautiful. Bluelicious. :kiss2:

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
Such a gorgeous super saturated blue! It's so velvety can almost "feel" the color! I like that they show what small recuts can achieve, most of the gems look more saturated after the recut despite the loss of weight. That has been my experience too with my N=7 sample size, 6/7 are more saturated. (I am a recut enthusiast.) I also like that they are showing some inexpensive and underrated varieties of garnet.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your sapphire is so gorgeous!! :love: :love: I can’t wait to see how you set it!
I appreciate the review on the seller too. They have beautiful gems!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Love the color!:appl:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow...the color and cut completely make up for the smaller size. Wish it had a twin I could adopt. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous sapphire, congratulations! I've looked at that site before and wondered how their gems looked in RL, so glad to hear the glowing review :)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful looking stone!!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Late to the thread but am thrilled this sapphire turned out to be just what you ordered! It looks such a delicious blue shade. :drool::lickout::appl:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Can't wait to see how you set it with the ovals.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results