shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Furbaby - Otto!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
So cute!!!! Congrats and enjoy him, E!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 9:00:37 AM
Author: Lorelei
Any Ot-toe shots yet???
9.gif
I''ll get some tonight, I promise
9.gif
I''ll just have to wait for FI to get home so one person can hold him down and one person can take the picture (that sounds so mean ... haha, I swear he doesn''t mind it!)

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Bah!! Otto is so stinkin cute!!!! Hehe loving all the pictures. Feel free to post more!!
9.gif

So are rabbits trainable? Like do they answer to their name, or can they be taught to do things?

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 3:30:19 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
Bah!! Otto is so stinkin cute!!!! Hehe loving all the pictures. Feel free to post more!!
9.gif

So are rabbits trainable? Like do they answer to their name, or can they be taught to do things?
Well, I've read that they definitely understand words you say, but like cats, they may not want to listen. Otto has started to naturally come over to me if I tap the floor, so hopefully I can turn that into a real behavior where he comes when I call. I'm also trying to teach him that "no" means "stop chewing that", because he's started investigating my clothes and I don't really want him putting holes in everything. And I've seen websites that show you how to train them to jump over obstacles and things. Maybe we'll work on that when he's older!

So I'd say, probably about as trainable as a cat. They're just smart enough to know what you're saying, and choose not to listen
11.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Cuuuuute!! I was in 4-H for rabbits back in the day, and I keep telling FI I''m going to get one eventually...not 23 like I had at one point though. Just one!

Holland Lops do grow into their ears I believe. They get short and even more adorable!!
5.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 3:40:54 PM
Author: sunnyd
Cuuuuute!! I was in 4-H for rabbits back in the day, and I keep telling FI I''m going to get one eventually...not 23 like I had at one point though. Just one!

Holland Lops do grow into their ears I believe. They get short and even more adorable!!
5.gif
Whoa, 23? What kind did you breed?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 4:02:07 PM
Author: elrohwen

Date: 4/20/2009 3:40:54 PM
Author: sunnyd

5.gif
Whoa, 23? What kind did you breed?
LOL, yeah it was pretty ridiculous...
9.gif
My sister and I had Mini Rex, Dutch and French Lops. I loved the French Lops, they were big cat-bunnies.
5.gif

jellycat

Rough_Rock
i love your bun! he's adorable!!
30.gif
any updates or new pics? how's everything going?

i've been wanting to get a holland lop forever! DH is allergic to cats and dogs, so i did a ton of research on them before.. i've heard they are really affectionate and can be quite the cuddlebugs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results