shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Fay Cullen Layaway

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here is the description:

This padparadscha Estate Engagement Ring weighs 3g and measures 6.5mm wide and 5mm deep. Presently a somewhat sizable ring size 6.5, this attractive and unusual geometric Sapphire Engagement Ring features a centrally mounted prong-set cushion-cut padparadscha weighing 0.84cts measuring 5.98 x 4.72mm and graded ''vivid orangy-pink'' color and ''excellent'' clarity. Accentuated by 0.50cts of high quality channel-set baguette diamonds graded ''H'' color and VS1 clarity throughout the shoulders of this alluring and delicately contrasting Engagement Ring, this sturdy and very comfortable streamline ring is stamped ''18k'' white gold.

Lori

faycullenlayaway.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock

Lori

faycullenlayaway2.jpg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Lori, the ring is beautiful! I can''t wait to see more pics when you finally get to take it home.

I love the baby pink color. Congrats!
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 2:35:21 PM
Author:loriken214
Here is the description:

This padparadscha Estate Engagement Ring weighs 3g and measures 6.5mm wide and 5mm deep. Presently a somewhat sizable ring size 6.5, this attractive and unusual geometric Sapphire Engagement Ring features a centrally mounted prong-set cushion-cut padparadscha weighing 0.84cts measuring 5.98 x 4.72mm and graded ''vivid orangy-pink'' color and ''excellent'' clarity. Accentuated by 0.50cts of high quality channel-set baguette diamonds graded ''H'' color and VS1 clarity throughout the shoulders of this alluring and delicately contrasting Engagement Ring, this sturdy and very comfortable streamline ring is stamped ''18k'' white gold.

Lori

Lori,

If it states it is a pad, does it come with a cert??? With all of these threads lately about BE treated pads, I would be careful and insist on a cert.

Linda

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!! When will you get it? I want to see finger pictures :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So pretty!!!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 2:40:34 PM
Author: Linda W

Here is the description:

Lori

Lori,

If it states it is a pad, does it come with a cert??? With all of these threads lately about BE treated pads, I would be careful and insist on a cert.

Linda
Hi Linda!

I''m glad you replied.....actually, I''m buying this ring mainly for the setting as I may put something else in it down the road.

Will ask about the cert, though.

Do you have a thread with photos of your pad collection? I''m just starting to look for a pad and would love to see your pretties!
30.gif

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU EVERYONE.....I really loved the setting...the pad is extra!
9.gif

Lori

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here is the description:

Lori

Lori,

Linda

A cert is always a plus, but I don''t think Fay Cullen specializes in colored gemstones as much as it does in antique jewelery? They don''t state the treatment or the origin of the sapphire in the description which makes me think they may not be that strict in documentation, so they may not have sent a .8ct stone in for certification, they probably just graded it in-house?

It''s a beautiful ring though! Congrats! I''m jealous :razz:

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 3:02:05 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Here is the description:

Lori

Lori,

Linda

A cert is always a plus, but I don''t think Fay Cullen specializes in colored gemstones as much as it does in antique jewelery? They don''t state the treatment or the origin of the sapphire in the description which makes me think they may not be that strict in documentation, so they may not have sent a .8ct stone in for certification, they probably just graded it in-house?

It''s a beautiful ring though! Congrats! I''m jealous :razz:
MTG, I believe you''re right and don''t think FC has certs on their pieces. I''ll see what I can find out, though.

THANK YOU!

Lori

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 2:59:33 PM
Author: loriken214

Here is the description:

Lori

Lori,

Linda

Hi Linda!

I''m glad you replied.....actually, I''m buying this ring mainly for the setting as I may put something else in it down the road.

Will ask about the cert, though.

Do you have a thread with photos of your pad collection? I''m just starting to look for a pad and would love to see your pretties!
30.gif

Lori

Hi Lori,

I love the setting, it is gorgeous. Fay Cullen has gorgeous rings on her site doesn''t she? I was just being worried with all of the BE treatments that you were paying for a pad and it would end up being BE treated like Laurens and T-Gals.

No, I don''t have a thread on my pads. I have been asked numerous times too.
15.gif
My daughter took pictures with her camera and they turned out horrible. She doesn''t have a good camera. The pictures were not in good lighting and she needs (or DH and I) to get a better camera. One of my pads looked like it had Cellulite!!!

I am meeting Gypsy in a few months and she promised to take pictures for me.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! I looked and looked through her stuff and found two rings that could come close, but not quite it for my ering. Yours is just gorgeous!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Cute, but a little too vivid pink to qualify as a Pad IMO. It's lacking in the orange component.

*edited to add

I just had an enlarged look on Fay's website. You are OK with the pretty serious ding/divit on the platinum holding in one of the baguettes?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 4:48:17 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Cute, but a little too vivid pink to qualify as a Pad IMO. It''s lacking in the orange component.

*edited to add

I just had an enlarged look on Fay''s website. You are OK with the pretty serious ding/divit on the platinum holding in one of the baguettes?
I just noticed that, too....
39.gif

Lori

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, FC''s return policy sucks. There''s a restocking fee so think hard about it if you can''t handle the ding on the prong/metal.

I also don''t want you to pay a pad price for what may not be a pad, even though you don''t care about the stone. It''s just the principle of it.
9.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
It's really pretty. But, FC hasn't the most exemplary reputation on these boards when it comes to customer service and returns.

I also recall from some other thread, where someone saw "antique ring" and thought it actually WAS an antique. Turned out to be a replica. What's the word "estate" stand for? Could mean anything....

So I'd check it out really, really carefully. I think they use a lot of double-entendres and vagaries in their product descriptions....coupled with a poor return policy, hmm.......

LS

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know about FC but I know a lot of local jewellers who use the term "estate" to mean pre-owned, not antique. What matters most is that you like it and think it's worth the asking price.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU for your honest opinions....that is why I post on PS....this was another impulse buy. I haven''t paid any money on this ring yet and won''t.

After closer inspection, I do not want to pay for something that isn''t 100% acceptable.

I honestly can''t thank you enough for your total honesty!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lori

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
Good call, I''ve heard bad things about FC, and with the slight "damage" it has, and possible lack of cert--you could probably find something better! Aim high, sistah!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
That ring is pretty but I have also heard negative things about faycullen.com. It''s a shame because they have some great things on their site.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good call. And I agree, that stone is questionable as a pad.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
My order has been cancelled and the ring will be posted on their website again soon.

I feel SO relieved...the chemo hasn''t affected my OCD one bit!
20.gif

Lori

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Well, I really think you dodged a bullet here Lori!
I would simply avoid FC, too many worrying variables
38.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in agreement with AJ. Best to avoid unnecessary risk wherever/whenever you can.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AMEN to that!

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results