shape
carat
color
clarity

My new engagement ring! Finally picked one to keep...

lovetorenovate

Rough_Rock
I was really indecisive about what ring to get - started out wanting an oval (mostly because my engagement ring from my first marriage was round) and even bought one that we sent back - but in the end - went back to the idea of a round diamond. Then I was torn between a 1.69 J in a halo and a 2.22 K in a vintage inspired setting. Here they are:

1.69 J

2.22 K

I went with the K... I love the simple vintage setting - and who doesn't love a 2 + carat diamond! I don't see much color in the K. I'm sure I can find lighting where I might see some tint - but I can see some color reflections in my 1 carat F diamond too. I love it! I'll post more pictures that I took this afternoon too! :lickout:

My fiance is a saint to put up with me changing my mind so much - and going so far as to buy more than one ring so I could compare which was my favorite. Gotta love great return policies for indecisive chicks like me. He's so awesome - so not only am I madly in love with my new ring - I feel so incredibly blessed to be with such a fabulous guy.... :appl:

DSC_0030_edited-1.JPG

DSC_0068_edited-1.JPG

more pictures of the new ring: 2.22 K SI1, excellent cut, GIA cert, HCA = ~1.0.

DSC_0060_edited-1.JPG

DSC_0062_edited-1.JPG

more photos... .love this ring!!!!

DSC_0072_edited-1.JPG

DSC_0070_edited-1.JPG

You made a great choice -- congratulations :appl: it's beautiful! :love:

Beautiful ring and great choice. Congratulation!

Perrrrrrfect choice!!!!!! Loooove it!

You really couldn't go wrong with either choice. The ring you chose looks perfect on you. Congratulations!

Phew! I was looking at those pictures and chanting in my head "pick the K ... pick the K!"

Both rings are lovely, but the setting and personality of the one you picked are just outstanding. I hope you post many more pics!

I love the vintage setting! Really timeless and lovely! ::)

Beautiful Diamond and setting! Congrats!

Your ring is very beautiful and made more so by the fact that you kept the focus on the guy!

Best wishes to you - you're off to a wonderful start!! :appl:

It's goregous! You made an excellent choice!

I was also secretly hoping you would pick this one! I hope you love it!!! it is beautiful :)

oh it's so beautiful!!!! You made a great choice!

that's the one i would've picked too! AWESOME! i love it :love:

thanks for sharing.

This is just stunning. You made the perfect choice! ! ! 8)

2 ct! yay!

Is it really a K color diamond?It seems so white to me...great job, it's beautiful!

Oh WOW! I think you made the right decision, the stone is GORGEOUS and that setting is wicked cool! I love the orientation on the prongs! :love:

Excellent decision!!! It`s gorgeous! Congratulations!! :appl: :love:

I think both rings are pretty so you couldn't really go wrong. I love the K though! And the side view of the setting is :love:

Wow! I love your new ring, it's so elegant! To me it really look more beautiful than the halo one!

purplesilk|1290188692|2773022 said:
Is it really a K color diamond?It seems so white to me...great job, it's beautiful!
ditto that.
If it is really how a K color look like I'll definitely go with the I color that I'm considering!

Great choice! The style is more unique and eye-catching, and what a great K! Very white!

Congrats Love :appl: :appl: :appl:

I confess, I had my reservations about the setting & colour combo but obviously I shouldn't have ::) it looks really beautiful!!

And you take lovely photos :bigsmile:

I might have missed another thread but I need to know -- I love that vintage inspired setting! Who manufactures it? Fabulous! And that K is gorgeous - might I inquire who the vendor is?

In total a spectacular piece. Bravo!

I'm so glad that you found THE ONE! Congrats, it's beautiful :appl:

Sooo pretty! I love vintage settings.

Congrats!

Both are so pretty but I really like the basket on the one you choose and what a great guy you have! Is the setting you chose from Ebay, that was a great find and so beautiful. Can't wait to see what band you choose to go with it.

Oh wow that's beautiful!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP