shape
carat
color
clarity

My new EC showing its rainbow colors in the sunshine

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The sun came out yesterday and I couldnt resist taking some photos of my new EC. :naughty: Im still deciding on a setting for it, but in the meantime its in a stone holder.

Here are the specs:

1.14ct JVS1
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
Fluorescence Medium
Table % 62%
Depth % 65.9%
Culet None
Girdle Thin to Medium
LxW Ratio 1.18
Measurements 6.52mm x 5.51mm x 3.63mm

In this photo the diamond looks quite blue - I was initially thinking that it must be because of the medium blue fluorescence.

But I think it is actually a reflection of the blue sky! The diamond seems to be pick up reflect all kinds of pastel colours from the surroundings. I particularly love these ones, which seem to include reflections from the sky and my pink phone cover.

ec_pics_2_041.jpg

ec_pics_2_163.jpg

ec_pics_2_172.jpg

ec_pics_2_155a.jpg

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here it is in diffuse sunlight throwing back various other pastel colors

ec_pics_2_072.jpg

ec_pics_2_017a.jpg

ec_pics_2_116.jpg

ec_pics_2_107.jpg

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Next for some fire shots:

ec_pics_2_007.jpg

ec_pics_2_014.jpg

ec_pics_2_047.jpg

ec_pics_2_140.jpg

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
More.... (excuse the fluff under the diamond 0 its actually an eye clean VS1)

ec_pics_2_115.jpg

ec_pics_2_064.jpg

ec_pics_2_092a.jpg

ec_pics_2_015a.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Love the ratio on it too - and I have a J EC a little over a carat myself, and I love it. Enjoy it! And come back with more pics after it is set, please. :)

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I love your diamond!!!!! It's a gorgeous stone & you've captured some great pictures of it :appl: I carried mine around in the ring holder for at least a month before I decided on my setting. I look forward to seeing what you decide to do.

Q

Queenie60

It's very beautiful. Enjoy and thank you for sharing pics. :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! :love: I have one on my wish list!!!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! :love: Looking forward to seeing how you decide to set it. Btw, your photos are great! :appl:

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous stone!! How are you planning to set it?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I have such a weak spot for EC's and yours looks amazing!!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love these photos... and really really love your diamond! That's my favorite step-cut shape, and the J is just gorgeous!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your diamond is gorgeous! Great photos too.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Super pretty! Those pastels are just scrumptious, and it seems incredibly lively! Just when I think I'm not much of a step cut girl, I see an amazingly pretty stone like this and think "Well, I would be for one like that!", lol! Can't wait to see what you put it in. :)

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fantastic stone. Love step cuts! :appl: :appl: :appl:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! If that was mine, I'd be playing with it all the time.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful, looking forward to seeing how you set it!! :appl:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So beautiful!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone! :love: :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love a chunky EC. That shape is perfect. Nice and fat. Congratulations! I can't wait to see how you set it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1451049913|3966089 said:
Love a chunky EC. That shape is perfect. Nice and fat. Congratulations! I can't wait to see how you set it.

Totally agree. Nice and fat is perfect. :love: Beautiful EC!

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the lovely compliments everyone! :)

The photos were taken with my phone - it seems to be great at capturing close-ups of my jewellery. I think my neighbours may think I'm a little strange though. I have noticed that the light seems to be best at the front of my house under our tree, so they probably wonder why I keep skulking around taking photos of my hand at funny angles :shifty:

I think I will probably set it in a halo, a dainty one with a very defined outline which will highlight the large corners of my stone. Im thinking white gold, with H/I melee set slanted slightly downwards away from the centre stone so the tint in the melee will look a little more obvious and hopefully not contrast too much with the J centre.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ecf8503|1450965774|3965728 said:
Beautiful! Love the ratio on it too - and I have a J EC a little over a carat myself, and I love it. Enjoy it! And come back with more pics after it is set, please. :)

ecf8503 - your thread about your EC was one of the threads I looked at a lot when I was learning about how to find a well cut EC. I love your stone, especially the lovely steps.

woofmama|1450965958|3965729 said:
I love your diamond!!!!! It's a gorgeous stone & you've captured some great pictures of it :appl: I carried mine around in the ring holder for at least a month before I decided on my setting. I look forward to seeing what you decide to do.

Thanks Woofmama - your EC was another which inspired me. Love your setting as well!

vintageinjune|1450980500|3965833 said:
Super pretty! Those pastels are just scrumptious, and it seems incredibly lively! Just when I think I'm not much of a step cut girl, I see an amazingly pretty stone like this and think "Well, I would be for one like that!", lol! Can't wait to see what you put it in. :)

Vintageinjune - thank you. I have always loved the steps in asschers and ECs but I have seen so many emerald cuts that, to me, just looked like glass, and didnt really do what you would expect a diamond to do - ie show some sparkle and life. And I wasnt sure if I would be able to find a lively one with plenty of fire. In fact I was at one time considering an AVC because of the guaranteed light performance. But I just didnt love the AVC facet pattern and have been on a mission to find an EC which combines the shape and faceting that I love, and the colored light play I was hoping for. My stone certainly doesnt have the perfect optical performance of an AVC but I think that the steep crown angle and smaller table have delivered a fiery stone and I was surprised by how much pastel color from the surroundings it reflects back as well.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is the side view of the steep crown, which I think is responsible for making the stone so colorful. I dont have the crown angle measurement but you get the idea...

ec_comparison_053.jpg

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice! Very nice! :appl:

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Spectacular!

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's so pretty and fiery!

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is the finished ring

I should probably create a new thread on SMTB for the pics :)

ec_halo_ring_233a.jpg

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Great picture show us more!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results