shape
carat
color
clarity

My New E-Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamonddude

Rough_Rock
Like so many before me have done, thanks to all on pricescope who helped me pick. Thanks to Nice Ice for finding me my diamond and super thanks to my Jeweler for getting me the setting, helping me with all my questions and have absolutely no problem setting a diamond for me that I bought from someone else. I did buy a $3500 Tacori ring from him though!!
2.gif

At long last here are the pics. I know have a new found respect for those with that special skill for diamond photography, man is it tough!!!

perfect small.jpg

diamonddude

Rough_Rock
does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way, outside of photoshop to get 775KB photos down below the 100k threshold? I tried my best, but didn't do a very good job.

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful!

What are the specs?

diamonddude

Rough_Rock
Thanks Wonka!!! After so much stress, it's really nice to hear that.

Nice Ice
1.21 F SI1
GIA EX/EX
57% Table
61% Depth
34.5% Crown Angle
40.5% Pavilion
.5 on HCA

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
That's a beauty Diamonddude.
Love the shots. And thanks for so many.

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
The stress was so obviously worth it in the end!

Compliments to NiceIce on hand picking such a beautful diamond!

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 8/10/2004 11:49:50 PM diamonddude wrote:

does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way, outside of photoshop to get 775KB photos down below the 100k threshold? I tried my best, but didn't do a very good job.----------------

I'm not sure how to read your question.... First, if you do have Photoshop, there are three things to do. 1) crop the picture, 2) Change the image size from say, 1280 pixels to 600 pixels, and 3) when you save it as a jpg file, reduce the quality from 8 down to 6 (or less, but 6 usually does it).

I'm guessing the last item is what you might not be doing yet.

Second, if you do not have Photoshop, what photo editing software do you have available? Some will let you do similar things, others might not....

diamonddude

Rough_Rock
Websailor,

I only have windows 2000 with the crappy kodak imaging program that came with my computer. I wish I had photoshop....makes things so much easier. I was just wondering if I was missing something, since most people probably edit their photos to post, I was wondering if there was a better way or free program out there I guess. The ones I posted are ok, but I couldn't seem to get the size down to where I wanted it, both bytes and how big the pictures look too. I guess others seem to have better photo's, so just wondering what the cool tecniques are. I had a hard time just taking the photos, let alone editing the size down!!!!
9.gif

diamonddude

Rough_Rock
Ok, I think that the Microsoft Paint program works better, or is easier than the Kodak Imaging one. He's some more.

SS 1.jpg

diamonddude

Rough_Rock
I should be packing for our trip to tahiti....

fire 1.jpg

diamonddude

Rough_Rock
I should be thinking of a proposal idea... we leave on Wednesday.
Gawd I hope my GF doesn't read this before then!!!
naughty.gif

SS 2.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 8/11/2004 1:11:24 AM diamonddude wrote:

I should be packing for our trip to tahiti....----------------

You'll love Tahiti. Websailor and I were just there in April. Here's a link to our pictures if you are interested

diamonddude

Rough_Rock
Nice site. Beautiful photos. I'm a sucker for lush green hill side photos with water. I like this one

http://www.megapathdsl.net/~websailor/tahitian_princess/photos/P1010250.html

or this one

http://www.megapathdsl.net/~websailor/tahitian_princess/photos/P1020039.html

this one is very cool

http://www.megapathdsl.net/~websailor/tahitian_princess/photos/P1020048.html

ok,ok I could do this all day!!!
9.gif

So you didn't happen to get engaged there did you???
2.gif

I was thinking either something simple on the beach, under the moon...
thought about a restuarant but the GF isn't a big fan of public attention...
also thought about having the hotel upgrade us to a super nice room when we arrive and covering it with flowers and candles and proposing upon checking in...

whatever I do, it's gotta be quick
naughty.gif
so I don't have to carry around this rock in my pocket for days....

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
I'd think Microsoft Photo Editor is on your PC - it's part of Windows 2000. It's okay. Same thing - crop, reduce the size, then when you do save (or maybe save as), there is a button labeled "More" - change the jpg quality there...

Aaahhh Tahiti. I'd love to go back. We've been married 7 years coming up this weekend.

Myself, I like the room with filled with flowers (btw, the tropical flowers are very inexpensive there compared to here....so you can buy lots of them - the arrangement in our ship cabin was only $20). I wouldn't do it on check in though - it's a loooonnnggg flight! 8.5 hours from LAX...neither of you will be in the most romantic moods by then...

How about a champagne sunset cruise on a catamaran? That's pretty romantic and not too public.

A highly risky, though novel, idea is going snorkeling. Dive down, come back up by your sweetie and tell her, "Look at what I just found? What should we do with it? Wanna get married?"

One last idea (risky on the wallet...). Go Black Pearl shopping...somewhere along the way, suggest that maybe a diamond is prettier - especially on her finger! Show her the ring....

Speaking of which, that's a nice ring you picked out!!! My sweetie also has a F, SI1... she still looks at it all the time.

Let us all know what happens.
love.gif

diamonddude

Rough_Rock
thanks websailor. I looked for Microsoft photo editor, I don't have it and MS wants $129. Oh' well, paint is good enough.

Good point about the jetlag, I think that I might delay that to the 2nd hotel if I do that.

The private catamaran ride sounds nice but the GF gets seasick. But it got me thinking and this one sounds good:

Private boat excursion
These are the moments you wish could last forever. Discover the magnificent lagoon of
Moorea in a private boat, and treasure a whole day of enchantment! Swim with the rays and
the multi-colored fish and then play the “castaways” on an islet, where you will be served a
sumptuous BBQ of fish and meat.
Your private table is set for you on the beach, or in the warm lagoon where you may whet
your appetite while wetting your toes.
This package includes:
- 1 Private lagoon tour (full day)
- 1 Pivate BBQ on the island (including beverage)

Just gotta decide if it's really worth $657!!!
cry.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
That is a stunning stone, and beautiful ring. Nice to see great #s translate into such a gorgeous diamond!!!
1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
WOW!
6.gif
.5 HCA???!!! You can tell!
love.gif
What a stunner + I love the encrusted band. Awesome job!
1.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
That is a stunner!!!
9.gif

Congrats!
appl.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Just gorgeous diamonddude
love.gif
Love the double prong on the Tacori! Have a great trip! Can't wait to read the details and see more pictures
1.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
FABULOUS! Congrats!

Mocha

Rough_Rock
WOW!!! That is stunning and also happens to be my DREAM setting! It's gorgeous! Congratulations!
appl.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Whoa, dude! (I love saying that.
1.gif
)

It's absolutely stunning! A perfect match of setting and stone. Great job!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Hey dude, I'm glad you found your diamond. Was wondering how things went when you had a few shipped to look at.

The final result is superb!

diamonddude

Rough_Rock
Thanks all. yea, I highly recommend having a few sent to you before you choose. Not that I could go wrong with NiceIce and SuperbCert, but it definately gives you piece of mind that you are getting a nice stone. The appraiser and my jeweler helped pick also and they both chose the same one. both were beautiful, but it was nice to pick, especially with a SI1 with an open pavilion setting, eye clean was very important. I tried taking photos of the stones, but those didn't really turn out, otherwise I would have posted them.

Off to Tahiti tomorrow!!!
appl.gif
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results