shape
carat
color
clarity

My New E-ring Setting from L.A.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, here is the (hopefully) last setting that I will be getting. I had it custom designed by Eli''s Jewelry, 609 S Hill St., LA, CA. I had seen a Verragio setting that I just loved, but it was very pricey and I wanted it tweaked, too. I ended up getting the shank widened so that the ring wouldn''t spin as much on my finger, and he also suggested that I change the way that the side baguettes are set. The original ring had the baguettes shared with the round stone, and they were sunken in too much for my taste. So Raffi (very nice man) showed me a different way to set them, and as a side benefit, they are more secure. I am also very fond of the 90% plat 10% iridium mix, so that is what I got.

For Tomatoe, here are the stats: 1.90 ct unbranded H&A from DBOF, 1.2 HCA, F color, VS2 clarity (small cloud at edge of table), size 4 1/2. Side stones are all VS and F color. I will post photos later in the week with my new anniversary ring that I am having custom made and will finally receive. So here are my photos! I hope that you guys like it.
10.gif

etop1.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock

etop2.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock

eprofile1.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock

eprofile2.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock

eprofile3.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock

eprofile4.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock

eside1.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Last one!

eside2.jpg

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Holy smokes Caratgirl!
6.gif
Pic #5 nearly blinded me!
10.gif
Congratulations!!!
appl.gif
It is just stunning to say the least. Did you see my earlier post requesting you to direct me to your original setting?

I almost went with Verragio (a different style) but ultimately decided on the DVatche. During my trouble with DVatche, I had some serious regrets in not doing so, but alas, all is well and I'm back to enjoying wearing it again.

How big are the side stones?

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on the new setting.
IT is beautiful!!!

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Kmom, thanks! I love yours, too. I just got on, so I will check the other post and give you a link. Thanks again. By the way, I wore the ring all day, got a ton of compliments from complete strangers, and my husband doesn't even know I changed it
11.gif
. I want to see how long it takes him to catch on, poor dear. If he doesn't say anything in a week, I'll have to tell him, I guess.

Oh yes, the side stones are .30ct each and I have no idea on the baguettes - I just told the jeweler to throw some nice ones into the setting. I guess the appraiser will have to clue me in.
10.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
CG, thanks. I saw that Leota linked me to it on the other upgrade thread. No worries. The previous was gorgeous, but I like this one even more.
1.gif
Enjoy!!

Kabee

Rough_Rock
I love it! I love how the diamonds are completely visible and not hidden by the setting! Beautiful.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Caratgirl, it's beautiful! I liked your old one too but this is gorgeous! I love the "U" shape of the prongs or whatever you call it where the diamonds sit.

K-mom, care to share with me what happened with your Vatche ring? (Seeing as how I just got mine today...)

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
CG, what an absolutely gorgeous ring. Great shot in #5! How did you take these pics? Halogen lights? Great photos, thanks for the eye candy.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone! The first 3 were taken in regular lighting in the house, and the rest were taken outdoors in somewhat filtered sunlight. My camera pretty much sucks
14.gif
(usually focuses on something in the background), so I had to take about 25 photos to have these turn out. I liked #5 the best, because most people shy away from showing a nice yellow light sparkle and prefer the blues, reds or greens.

I did buy the setting because of the side view, since that is how I can usually surreptitiously eyeball it without looking obvious
21.gif
. I adore the side view, and missed it from my first setting. The second setting looked fine from the top, but the entire stone view was blocked by the bar on the basket setting. Plus, I get just as many color flashes from the side view as from the top.
10.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
That's a beautiful ring Caratgirl! I love both the top view and the side view -- great proportions!

Small world -- my original ering set and most of my early jewelry came from Eli's.
1.gif
This was back in the 80's, so it's good to hear that he is still there. We left the area, so I don't get to the LA mart much anymore. (Thank goodness for the online vendors now!
2.gif
)

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
WOW, CG!! Yer ring sure be purtiful!!
3.gif
And I love the zingy pic too!! It's way kewl!!
love.gif
love.gif

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
I love it!!!!
appl.gif
I love the setting. So was it custom made or a tweaked Verragio? Nice pics. We all love eye candy.

Skyblue

Rough_Rock
lickout.gif
Beeeeyuutifulll !!

Boom

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!

The new setting is fabulous! Enjoy your new ring!
love.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
WOOHOO Caratgirl!!!!
9.gif

That ring is beautiful!
appl.gif

It is very different and the stones are so sparkly and white!

Great job with the pics too!
appl.gif

dmpineapple

Rough_Rock
...don't you think that Diamonds are hard to photograph? You have to have just the right lighting... and then sometimes the colors come out wierd, and the flash reflects off the diamond and either washes it, or zaps it....so...you did good, girlfriend! And, don't forget to put your ring back on your finger after you wash-up, or put lotion on! I'd hate to have you lose THAT ring!

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
ooooooooooh CG!! I love it!!

OKay, that's it! I think I want to a new setting!
Up_to_something.gif

Just playing!! I love my new setting.. !! But this new one you have is really stunning! You're sure going to get lots of comps~~ I just know it~ with all those diamonds all around it, how could you not!

Beautiful~~ really is...

Thanks for the pics.. I was waiting all day yesterday and this morning to see...
1.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
lol I must be getting to be quite infamous on PS for wanting the facts on stones!!! you girls/ guys can post the pics and info in the e-ring eye candy thread yourselves too, you know. I dont have dibs on that
5.gif

gorgeous ring, gorgeous setting and gorgeous pictures, LOVE it
love.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all of you, I think that, like Leota, I'm in looove
love.gif
again.

Tomatoe, you are such a sweetie, I was planning on putting it in the eyecandy folder today, ran out of time yesterday - but you do such a nice job!

Lop, they sure are nice people, aren't they? During this trip, I got to spend some quality time in the shops and decided to try on all the large carat fancy yellow rings in the windows. I especially loved the one that was a 4 carat oval with a surrounding rim of white pave. Stunning, for just 16.5K. I swear if I move from CA to FL I will be in big trouble, but like you said, thank goodness for the Internet! And DBOF would still be there to play with.

Aneelcon, It would have been too much custom stuff for Verragio at too high a price. The part around the baguettes was the most different part of the ring, plus the shank bottom.

And, yes, taking pictures that make the diamond look good is a pain in the tushy! I found that the only thing that works is a tripod. Otherwise, my hand does a camera shake just as I pull the trigger.
10.gif

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
I love seeing all these beautiful stones! Caratgirl your ring is gorgeous! You've taken some really great pics!!
love.gif

Luv

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Caratgirl, you were wise to consider the side view. After all, that is how YOU see it all the time! I love my new basket setting but I have noticed that the bar on the basket does block your view of the diamond from the side.

Can you see the baguettes from the top view? With your size just 4 1/2 and those big diamonds, I'm wondering how much the baguettes go down the side of your fingers. Nothing wrong with diamonds going down the side...Just wondering!

And I must say, your hand is beautiful! You have NO problem with macro mode!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Caratgirl, That is a georgous setting..
21.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful setting CG....hey what prompted you to give up the other one? If I recall, it was somewhat similar in terms of looks and 3 stone?

Speaking on the subject of different settings...I really do wish that diamond settings were not quite so permanent. I joke around that I'd love a setting for each day of the week, but in reality that is not so far from the truth. Like you switch out jewelry depending on what you are wearing, it'd be fun to have more options in terms of settings. Even just 2-3. Too bad there isn't such a thing as a 'snap on' diamond head....the diamond in the pronged head would be the permanent thing, and then you can snap it into other settings (e.g. thin banded pave, 3 stone with pears, 3 stone with rounds, simple tiffany solitaire) and wear it like that! Hmmmmm. Wonder if it'd be doable and somehow still secure?
2.gif
It definitely speaks to everyone LOVING everyone else's setting and wanting to try it out for themselves. Hee Hee.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results