shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hoovillemd

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,
This is my first time posting anything on pricescope. I have just purchased my new engagment ring and would like some info on if I got a good deal or not. I was told that this diamond is a H&A but I do not have a proportion scope to see the H&A. Is there any way to find out if this diamond is a true H&A without a scope? The ags# is 0002506101. Below are some specs on the diamond.

Cut Grade: AGS Ideal 0
polish: Ideal
symmetry: Ideal
Proportions: Ideal

Color Grade: AGS 0 (D)
Clarity Grade: AGS 4 (VS2)
Carat Weight: 1.035 cts.
Fluorescence: Medium Blue

Table: 56%
Depth: 61.2%
Crown angle: 35.1
Pavilion angle: 40.8
culet %: 0

I also put these numbers in the Holloway cut adviser an they came up as follows.

Light return: Excellent
Fire: Excellent
Scintillation: Excellent
Spread or
Diameter for Weight: Very Good

These are the specs of my diamond. The only question is about the medium blue fluorescence. I have looked at the diamond over and over again and it is perfect, But is the medium blue fluorescence a bad thing. I Payed $6300.00 for the diamond. Is this a good deal? I would like to thank everyone for any help the can give me on these issues.

Thanks,
Matt Dabney

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hoovillemd, congrads with your diamond!

Price sounds very reasonable. Medium fluorescence shouldn't bother you (see tutorial or do the search on this forum for more discussions about it).

Arrows can be viewed with ideal-scope - a loupe with colored cone. You also could see the arrows just by looking through a hole in colored or black paper. Or simply wearing dark shirt or hat :)

To see the Hearts you've got to look into H&A scope.

hoovillemd

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply Leonid. You have been very helpful. I was a little un-sure about the blue fluorescence, but it sounds like it is no big deal. If there is any more info about my diamond or just diamonds in general that would be of good knowledge I would love to hear about it.
Thanks Again,
Matt Dabney

PoopEater

Rough_Rock
Doesn't Garry say that a little bit of blue flourescence is a good thing? Many people say that having a little blue flour. makes the diamond 'face up' at a higher color grade.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results