shape
carat
color
clarity

My new DanielM rings/DBTY sapphire necklace/RG spacer!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm home and can finally download all my pictures of my gorgeous new items I received from Daniel M. The sapphires (ring and DBTY) were from ebay purchases, all set in argentium silver. The blue/green tourmaline was a reset of a LOGR/Jewelryhoo setting that was poorly set by my local guy, also in argentium and then I ordered at the last minute, a RG spacer, 1.2mm wide, in a soft twist, not sure if the new BGD 3 stone would require one, when worn with my 1/2 eternity band. Caren was wonderful to communicate with! The workmanship is amazing - but the DBTY necklace looks a bit tarnished after 2 days of wear... is that because I was so hot and salty?? Would that dull argentium?

The necklace is 18" long and all rings are 7.75.

I love them all!!! I had a great time photographing in flowers - was going to try a cactus shot until I accidentally stabbed my foot with a loose clump that had fallen to the ground. Took DH a few moments to pull it out... and by that point, my love of cactus had fizzled faster than a burned out sparkler on July 1 (or July 4 for the US!) Those little spikes have wicked hooks in them that hurt like hell! So... no cactus ring shots!

I do have overload coming up... enjoy!

danielm_pear_sapphire_1.jpg

img_4.jpg

danielm_3_stone.jpg

img_1762.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Both pieces turned out beautifully. :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Having a hard time with loading photos...

danielm_tourm3.jpg

img_1741.jpg

img_1955.jpg

_116.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
and these are Caren's shots of the RG twisted spacer. I will put another thread up on the new BGD redesigned 3 stone, and you can see it 'in action' in those shots

danielm_rg_twist_spacer1.jpg

danielm_rg_twist_spacer2.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As usual, everything is gorgeous Enerchi, but I just LOVE that necklace!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love all your new jewelry Enerchi!! Just beautiful!! :love: What a unique necklace- love it!!
Wear in health and happiness! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful - that necklace is very pretty - love the size of the stones in it!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl: Love your necklace!!! It's beautiful!!!! :appl: :appl: and the other pretties.. but that necklace is awesome!! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pieces Enerchi!!! :love: Both rings are lovely, really pretty settings and stones - and the necklace is amazing, I really love it! Looks perfect on you! :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
hang on everyone!! I am having a fight with the uploader, and while we went to our separate corners to hopefully resolve our differences (meaning - uploader---- GET WITH IT!! ;)) ) I amused myself with my ollo clip! Now... I've got a TON more up close shots to upload--- woo hoo!!

Thanks for the compliments everybody! I really do love the necklace a TON! (but I will be posting my lovely new OEC Barbara pendant in another thread... ooooh, it was the best BLING holiday EVER!!!)

Anyone know about argentium? This gorgeous necklace seems to have dulled and once I noticed that - after 2 days wearing it in the desert area of Arizona - I took it off, cleaned as best I could with just my toothbrush in warm water, but it still seems dull after cleaning it at home. Any advice? (I will send off a not to Caren, just thought you guys may know...)

ok - more photos to come! :appl:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Great new pieces Enerchi!!!!! I love the tourmaline ring best :love: I have an argentium silver ring and I've never had any issues with the metal dulling :?: Let us know what Caren responds.

Btw, did you end up getting a pair of the yummy IDJ jackets? :naughty: I know you had mentioned those were on the agenda as well... Not to be a bad influence or anything :Up_to_something:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
The morning photo shoot 8-)

danielm_items.jpg

pear_necklace1.jpg

pear_necklace2.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow!! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stargurl! I did get my jackets! They are posted on a different thread.... Thanks for remembering :bigsmile:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NICEE! You got quite a bit of new goodies!! :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh they are all so lovely!! I can't even pick a favorite.

I'm currently planning out a dbty necklace so I've been reading all the dbty threads and saw through the comments that you've been wanting one of these for some time. I'm so glad you finally have your necklace and that it is so amazing!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good lord, you really did win the lottery in Vegas :-o :bigsmile:

I *LOVE* the necklace. I just asked DM about bezelling a pair of rose cut pears a couple of days ago, haven't heard back yet though. I haven't decided what to do with them (assuming they can get them!) - but I think DBTY just moved to the top of the list!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Canuk-gal, junebug, rosebloom, DS, yssie, missy, missgotrocks, dandiandi, madelise and stargurl! I love the DBTY and alone, it's the perfect length for me at 18" but if I wanted to wear it with the OEC Barbara, I should have added an inch more... so they will have to take turns!

Yssie - a DBTY in rosecuts sounds AWESOME! this one is in argentium and it was VERY reasonable - it has 11 of my pear sapphires ranging from .54ct - 1.14 with the centre stone being 1.6 (??? I can't remember) and I set it N/W so it was definitely the centre stone. It is light as air - I don't feel either of the 2 necklaces actually.

The 3 stone pear gives me PERFECT finger coverage side to side and I love how Daniel designed it without a basket on the side stones. I requested those gorgeous pigeon/claw prongs - the pointier the better - and I'm really thrilled with how they look! Same with the Gemfix tourmaline I had reset - I wanted as much stone showing as possible and the least amount of metal, so I selected the U prong with double prongs. It is light, bright and really makes the stone pop.

and my lovely RG twist spacer was a last minute "will I need a spacer when I get the BGD reset?" and my wonderful DH offered to buy it for me so it would still feel like a wedding band and not 'another ring I bought myself'! The gentle twist just gives it a bit of twinkle to it and I love how the RG looks on my skin tone.

Oh... who am I kidding? I love how ANYTHING sparkly or metal looks on me because I am a jewellry addict! :lol: :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1341352260|3228121 said:
Yssie - a DBTY in rosecuts sounds AWESOME! this one is in argentium and it was VERY reasonable - it has 11 of my pear sapphires ranging from .54ct - 1.14 with the centre stone being 1.6 (??? I can't remember) and I set it N/W so it was definitely the centre stone. It is light as air - I don't feel either of the 2 necklaces actually. :

Still no word, sadly. I think the issue may be getting the stones - I do specifically want pears. There's JbEG of course but when I asked last year the (vague) quote was much more than I want to spend on this project! I just contacted them again though, and there might be something promising... I've never worked w/ DM on something this big but I've been very happy with what they've done for me so far, and what I've seen of their recent work, so... fingers crossed *something* works out in-budget!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Oh Enerchi, I love these pieces!! I'm a sucker for anything pear but I have never seen a DBTY necklace in that shape. Very pretty and unique, what a great find!

The RG band and tourmaline ring are gorgeous, I love the tropical hue of the stone. It reminds me of the carribeans somewhere.

But my fave piece is the sapphire three-stone. LOVE the trellis setting, so fluid, and it goes really well with the curves of the stones, which have such pretty colors. GAH now you make me what to do another three-stone with all pears! :cheeky:

Don't you just love Daniel M.? :appl:

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your lovely new pieces! I especially love the necklace.

emmmme

Shiny_Rock
While I love everything you posted I have been properly obsessed with RG lately, so I am especially drawn to your twisted spacer. Very beautiful and delicate.

meg_

Shiny_Rock
I am obsessed with your spacer! I love it. Was that a custom piece?

And your necklace is devine. I'm now convinced a NEED a DBTY necklace. ;-)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you very much, Meg, Alistra, Emmmme and Platinumrock!

I love pears!! (the fruit ain't bad, but I meant the jewel shape - lol!!) so when I found myself clicking "Add to Cart" just a little too often on eBay , collecting quite a few little stones, then viewing them IRL as not the worlds greatest examples of sapphires... I thought it would be a cool way to use them up in a DBTY and I'd never seen one anywhere else before! After corresponding back and forth with Caren and describing what I wanted, I sent them to DanielM (along with the better stones for the ring), and asked for thin argentium bezels with the largest in the centre and graduated sizing up and around to the back. Since then, Caren has sent me a 4" extender with a jump ring at 2". I find that VERY versatile and layer it often with my BGD Barbara that never comes off! It has some weight to it, because of the weight of the silver, but it is by no means a heavy necklace at all. When ever I wear it, I do get a lot of compliments and every one loves how unique it is, so thank you for also appreciating it! :praise:

The RG spacer was a request for a bit of texture but not too much. I didn't want a rope or a bead style spacer which I felt had too much 'design' to it, nor did I want a plain band, I just wanted a gentle twist to give the metal some sparkle when I moved my hand... and here we have the final result!

The CAD's for the ring were initially more angled on the sides, but I requested a more 'flat' look across the top. I also requested no bar around the sapphires, which Daniel was able to do, and I feel it leaves it quite open and airy looking.

And now that the tourmaline has been reset from my junky LOGR initial choice, to this very simple and delicate setting, I wear it FAR more frequently! I also just want to fall into the caribbean turquoise colour of the tourmaline! LOVE that colour!

Thank you ladies, for the the compliments!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results