shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Citrine Pretty....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good Morning!

I have also recently purchased this very cute Citrine from Precision Gem... I''m not usually a fan of Citrine but the color on this one looked nice to me, and I liked the star design :) No idea what I will be doing with it, so it will have to sit in my jewerly box for a while...

It hasn''t arrived yet... but hopefully within a few days!!!

Here''s the vendor picture ... What do you think?

citrinepretty.gif

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
hmm that''s not working and I don''t know why
7.gif

I''ll try again!

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
... and oops forgot... it measures 8.5 mm. Color 3, Clarity 4+

Yay this one worked!

mynewcitrine.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Deia!! That stone is precious... so very pretty! I have a feeling it wont stay in your jewelry box too much, you''ll be looking at it all the time..

party.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
How interesting! Very original!

I could see that even being set in men''s jewellery (that golden star reminds me of those military medals).

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks all!
9.gif
I am thinking a pendant would look nice for it, not too sure it would look good in a ring... I mostly only wear white gold.. but this may look good in yg..hmm...I have a few months to think about it anyway
2.gif

It looks better on the actual website.. for some reason when I saved the picture it saved it a bit darker...It''s a brighter, softer more "pure" yellow on his website, if that makes any sense!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s beautiful!! I ordered a star cut gem from Gene last week (still waiting to receive it). I''m excited. He has such interesting and beautiful cuts on his stones.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How pretty. I like the star.

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
Lovely!!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I have never seen a stone like that! It''s gorgeous!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m a lil sad right now
7.gif

The stone was sent off on Nov 15th, and I still haven''t received it (was suppose to take 6-10 business days)... It''s not that far off yet... but... there is no way I can track it because it wasnt sent through registered mail or whatever its called. It''s not an expensive stone but I really was looking forward to it...

I emailed Gene and he said it may be held up in customs. I have no idea how long that takes or if it is held up in customs as he suggests. Maybe it got lost? I don''t know.

I guess I''m ranting and maybe a bit overly worried... just not happy about it
8.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Where are you Deia?

I''m in Canada and I usually request stones are sent to me via USPS express mail with insurance or at least a guaranteed signature. I find that stones can take up to 3 weeks via this route.

My latest stone came to me via USPS Priority mail. Again it took best part of 3 weeks as I recall. I was a bit alarmed because it just arrived in my mail box and no signature was requested. I don''t know if that is because of a fault with the postman at my end or if that service does not require a signature.

I wouldn''t start worrying unduly just yet, time of year isn''t going to help either.

One other thing I ask vendors to do for me is to list the item as a geological specimen or some other such innocuous term. I''m happy for them to declare the actual value I just don''t want to attract undue attention.

I''ve only ever had one none-arrival and that was from a US ebay seller. It wasn''t a lot of money, but it made me firm up delivery methods.

Good luck!

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/1/2008 10:03:50 AM
Author: Gailey

Where are you Deia?

I'm in Canada and I usually request stones are sent to me via USPS express mail with insurance or at least a guaranteed signature. I find that stones can take up to 3 weeks via this route.

My latest stone came to me via USPS Priority mail. Again it took best part of 3 weeks as I recall. I was a bit alarmed because it just arrived in my mail box and no signature was requested. I don't know if that is because of a fault with the postman at my end or if that service does not require a signature.

I wouldn't start worrying unduly just yet, time of year isn't going to help either.

One other thing I ask vendors to do for me is to list the item as a geological specimen or some other such innocuous term. I'm happy for them to declare the actual value I just don't want to attract undue attention.

I've only ever had one none-arrival and that was from a US ebay seller. It wasn't a lot of money, but it made me firm up delivery methods.

Good luck!
Thanks Gailey !

Im in London, UK. It was late at night when I purchased to stone and I just didn't think of shipping. He shipped it through first class international mail.. I am thinking it is going to take a long time to get here *if* it got stuck in customs... I will wait another week and then start panicking some more
3.gif

The garnet I recently purchased (pics on another thread) was sent via Express Mail which was $25 but it was sent on thursday and I got it today which is great! Peter sent it as a commercial sample and "small red stone" as the description so that it wouldnt attract much attention...

I should have been smarter about the shipping on the citrine but because it was late and Gene didn't offer various shipping types I just didn't think about asking.

Ah well, I'll keep waiting :)

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Uum, London!

My eldest son is in London and my younger son and grandchildren are in Marlow. Last year I sent a parcel of clothes to my grandson in November and it arrived in March! Mind you that was a big bulky parcel. I''ve sent coffee to Jim in London and that has taken ages too.

So hang in there, I am sure it will arrive. It just may be later than you had been expecting. Stuff always takes ages going to the UK from this side of the pond at this time of year!

Spend the waiting time planning what you are going to do with that lovely stone.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
BTW, your avatar has disappeared!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
One last thing. I did initiate an investigation into my grandson''s parcel - after which it was delivered.

It''s way too soon to be worried yet, but I think Gene would be able to initiate an enquiry from his end. Nothing you can do from your end. I very much doubt it''s held up in customs, much more likely to be Christmas post delays.

Pandora is also in London, maybe she will chime in on how long she has had to wait for stones from the US.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So I started panicking for no reason! I just received it - it''s in my hands... it''s even prettier than the photo I posted... I''ll really try and get a decent picture of it :) That''s if I find the cable so i can upload the pictures to my computer.. lol...

Thanks for reassuring me though Gailey :)

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 12:11:03 PM
Author: Deia
So I started panicking for no reason! I just received it - it''s in my hands... it''s even prettier than the photo I posted... I''ll really try and get a decent picture of it :) That''s if I find the cable so i can upload the pictures to my computer.. lol...

Thanks for reassuring me though Gailey :)
You''re welcome Deia, congrats & Happy Christmas!

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It was actually held in customs... there was a £14.97 charge to it and someone paid it - it wasn''t me though
6.gif
May have been my company, in which case I am getting all my gemstones sent over to work hah!

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Glad to hear the stone arrived, but that tax is terrible. That''s about half the price of the stone.
I had no idea the duty would be so high.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
So glad you got it! What a fun cut! What are your plans for it, if any?

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
That stone is very cool! I agree that a pendant, maybe a bezel, would look great!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool! What a beautiful ball of sunshine!

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for the kind words :)

I am leaning towards a bezel set pendant, I have a couple of pictures I will attach of pendants I like.

Not sure wether I shoudl go for yellow gold or white gold... I wear mostly white gold.. hmm...

As its a "cheap" stone I wouldnt mind having it set in sterling silver either ... but not sure on that yet.

What do you girls think?

UN21701400_cat.jpg

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
or ... a three stone bezel pendant ... but without the diamond pave .. not sure what sidestones I would use either... what would look good with a yellow "golden" stone?

6SA1702ARP.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results