shape
carat
color
clarity

my new birthday band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just got back from vacation (just to the beach a couple hours from home) and while we were there, we visited this little historic town that has some little shops and restaurants. We wandered into a hole-in-the-wall jewelry store in the basement of an old historic building. I almost didn''t even see it - my hubby saw it and pointed it out. I noticed a pretty sapphire band and could not believe the price on it. Tried it on and although it''s a little large, it basically was a perfect fit and I can even wear it on both hands, which is very unusual since they differ by about one full size. I decided that was a sign that it was meant to be mine! My birthday is Wednesday and even though I know my hubby has bought me some type of jewelry from a local store he likes, I just had to have it (and he totally supported me getting it).

It''s 14k white gold, and I don''t know if the stones are considered french cut or just square cut (I don''t know the difference). There is a little beveled edge around each stone, so maybe that will help someone here identify the cut for me! Anyway, the band is very dainty - more so than the photos show. It''s about 2 mm. The stones themselves are about 1.5 mm square, which makes them around 3 pts or so each. There are 32 stones in the band, so total of just under a carat. Enjoy the photos! I really love it!

sappband5.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another

sappband70.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another with my wedding band

sappband4.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Love those finds! Happy Birthday and wear it in health!

cheers--Sharon

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
It''s really pretty!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! The color of the sapphires is so pretty!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a nice find - and happy birthday coming!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!
36.gif

Happy early birthday!
36.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you everyone!! I think I have a couple more decent photos... pardon the dry scaly looking hands.

ksappband.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
with my ering and wband - I won''t wear them all together like this though.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
forgot the photo

sappband7.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was a little family owned store and I think they''d had this band a while, as the price was from before gold went up so high. I got this ring for less than $300 including tax. The owner said he had no idea what he would price it at now with gold prices where they are. I decided to take it before he re-priced it!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2009 3:30:00 PM
Author: katiedid
forgot the photo
WOO HOO...love your new BLUE bling.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
36.gif

Lori

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
WOW and Happy Birthday
9.gif

I am digging the blue too and I love the look of all your rings together!
Yummy!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a fabulous find!! It''s absolutely gorgeous. I think you got a steal with this!!! Those stones are soooo pretty. Happy birthday!! It looks great with your beautiful rings!!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I love it, great find!! Happy birthday!
36.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks again everyone! I just could not pass up this deal! I love the daintiness and simplicity of the band. I''ve been wearing it on my right hand all by itself and it''s so pretty.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
SUCH a beauty, and SUCH a deal! Happy birthday!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. Happy early birthday.

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely new band! Happy birthday and congrats on getting such a great deal.
1.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep...meant to be! Beautiful color too...I must be hanging out in the wrong places to find good deals
39.gif
!

Happy Bday!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
HEY YOU!!! How have you been? HAPPY BDAY!!! Great Sapphire band...I LOVE sapphires! Great find!

35.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
happy birthday!!!! and beautiful band, they look like carre cut kinda like a princess step cut without clipped corners right? almost asscher but not and no windmill effect.

CheshireSmile

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! I love it.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for the nice comments! I thought it was a great deal too and am really happy I got it. It''s not like me to walk in somewhere, see something reasonable (I never find the deals) and just decide to buy myself something like that!

Annette, thanks! Good to hear from you and I hope you''re doing well too!

D&T - thanks - I wasn''t sure about what kind of cut they were. They are step cut for sure and no clipped corners. Thanks for the feedback!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s very pretty. Love the color. Happy Birthday.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! It''s gorgeous! And what a steal-you had to snap that up! Wear it in good health and happy birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results