shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Aquamarine Pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I recently purchased a 4.1 ct green aquamarine from Wild Fish Gems. Green Aqua

I picked up the finished pendant today. It is set in 18 kt yellow gold and 14 kt white gold along with a 0.15 ct orange diamond and my 0.18 ct original e-ring diamond. I plan to wear it on a 20" 18 kt yellow gold chain. I''m pretty happy with the results.
3.gif

I had thought my original e-ring had a 0.21 ct diamond, but it weighed out a bit smaller on the designer''s scale.
5.gif
In any case, I''m happy to finally have a new home for it, since I wasn''t wearing that ring anymore. I purchased the orange diamond several years ago on eBay. I won several auctions for cognac diamonds, but this stone has the best color and sparkle by far.

Here is my new birthstone pendant in the box.

aqua3131.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Closer shot of the pendant. The designer suggested incorporating white gold into the design so I could wear the pendant with white metal chains. The white gold is in the bar above the orange diamond and the two small gold balls.

aqua3133.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice! I like it a lot!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here is a back-of-the-hand closeup shot. This thing has a lot of sparkle. I had to keep turning it away from the sunlight, because the camera couldn''t handle all the glare. But you get an idea of the color and sparkle here.

aqua3136.JPG

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Flygirl! It is fantastic! Congrats!
So interesting and I love that your original ering diamond was able to be incorporated into your design! Beautiful!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
The obigatory neck shot. I don't generally wear tops this low. Too cold in Minnesota much of the year.
2.gif

aqua3140.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
A sweater shot. Here under incandescent lighting, which will probably be how the pendant looks much of the time!
1.gif

aqua3143.JPG

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh it''s beautiful! I love it.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Sweater shot with natural sun lighting the room. This is exactly the size of piece that I have been wanting to wear with a lot of my higher necklines. The designer suggested the east-west setting and drew up the design to incorporate my other diamonds. The overall outline of the piece is sort of V-shaped (wider at the top and narrower at the bottom), and draws the eye down to the diamond below.
1.gif
I think she did a super nice job, and I am going to love wearing this.
30.gif

Aqua3148.JPG

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
wow! that is really unique! what a cool way to show off your birthstone and original e-ring diamond! the color on that orange diamond looks awesome with the green.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you FrekeChild, Sparkalicious, LegacyGirl and enbcfsobe. You folks are quick.
35.gif

I have been trying to think of a use for my e-ring diamond for years. It is too small for studs, or to be a pendant on its own.
20.gif
After I purchased the green aqua, I just took the other two diamonds along with the aqua to the designer. She came up with an amazing design that incorporated all of the stones. I have no doubt that Fly Girl would never, ever have come up with such a beautiful piece on her own. I am very pleased with the results.
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh how neat! I really like the total uniqueness, and how it flows. I wasn't able to really "imagine" the design when you described it, though it sounded neat. But this really turned out nice. To me, it almost has an oriental flavor. Me likey!!

Wear it in good health FG!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Positively gorgeous. Love the design. It''s a WOW!!!
30.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
striking and unusual! great project!

movie zombie

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Very cool! You''re going to get a ton of compliments whenever you wear that. I like the flexibility to wear a YG or WG chain with it.

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
What a wonderful way to incorporate all the different elements. They all flow together beautifully. I love it!

eac

Shiny_Rock
That...is...the COOLEST! So innovative and beautiful, I love it!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a very cool and unique design. The neck shots look amazing!
36.gif
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
i LOVE YOUR PENDANT!!!!! The design is so unique. Wonderful job!!!

Linda

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that''s beautiful. And you are the designer!! It''s a very pretty pendant and on top of that it contains special meaning. Perfect!

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
What a fabulous pendant!! The design pulls everything together just beautifully -- it''s a perfect showcase for each gemstone. I love the two-tone design as well. Congratulations!
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all, Ellen, Kaleigh, movie zombie, Selkie, Dogmom, diamondseeker2006, eac, Catmom, Linda W, swingirl, and singingbell, for the very nice comments. Ellen, you are right about the oriental flavor. Some of this designer''s pieces look distinctly oriental, and there are certain themes that I could see in her work when looking through her portfolio that are in this piece as well. Swingirl, I can''t take credit for the design. I just presented the stones and the chain and asked if she could make a pendant. If I had designed it, it would have been vertical, with a diamond or two at the top. Not as original as what the designer came up with. A couple of you commented on the two-tone. I was wearing my silver watch with the gold hands, and she picked up on how I like to mix metals. I wasn''t sure about the orange diamond...I asked about a raspberry garnet to give it a little more pop, but she liked the orange diamond, and suggested the yellow gold balls of about the same size. The original design had the bottom diamond bezeled as well, but she changed her mind when she made the wax. The partial bezel continues the theme of the aqua setting. She liked the partial bezel for the aqua because it leaves the sparkly ends exposed.

I''m wearing the piece for the first time today. It hangs beautifully.
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Neat design--looks lovely on you!

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey there Flygirl!!! I love it; it is very unique and beautiful!
30.gif
The love the chain too; it looks perfect on you.
3.gif
Any fun flights lately? hehe
9.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! It looks artistic and sophisticated at the same time.

DD

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I LOVE that! The aquamarine is such a lovely color - I like the greeny ones best.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Very stylish !! You designed it yourself - awesome. You have a tallent.
36.gif
36.gif

It''s feminine while still being hip, intriguing and artistic.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you canuk-gal, Skippy, dreamer dachsie, Clio, and sonomacounty. I''m really enjoying this pendant, and even got my first real live compliment today.
1.gif
Most people I work with don''t notice jewelry. Classics, like studs and solitaire rings, are wonderful, but there is something great about original pieces like this.

Skippy, DH and I went on a flyout with my flying club on Saturday. It was a perfect flying day at 66 deg. F
3.gif
, and we all got a taste of spring, but then winter came right back and it snowed on Monday.
8.gif
I wore my new pendant!
9.gif

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!! I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results