shape
carat
color
clarity

my new additions (extremely photo heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
To start off tonights lovely showcase of new pretties and get your jewlery fix......I present to you for your viewing pleasure and all on drool over....

First up, a 950 platinum, baquette diamonds, and 3 natural non treated pad sapphires. The photo really shows a distincit color difference between the center stone and the side stones; but in eye view, the colors match nicely. I know this photo is a bit wshed out, and the stones are a tad dirty...but I love this piece.

I don't have th exact ct weights handy.....I also love the milgrain. I didn't think I would, but it really finished the piece. I will try to get a more "natural" shot soon.

original.aspx

Kyanite and yellow beryl in 14k yellow gold:

original.aspx

Demantoid Garnet & Diamonds (they are full of fire in the sun, unfortunately my lightbox skills need adjusting to get the affect and in real life they are a little more the color of yellow-green crayon If i remember my crayola right....loved the 64 color box)

original.aspx

Rose De France Amethyst and diamonds (I think there are 2 in the whole piece) - Not as dark as this photo, but the photo is unaltered, really is a very pretty pastel purple. Difficult to photo and get true color I think.....but i will keep tyring. this is also my first ever step cut stone

original.aspx

A close up of my dendritic Quartz Ring that is just huge! I have a matching pendant and find the pendant is always flipping. Very annoying....but i love the uniqueness of the pieces. The fern aspect is actually from the water that has dissolved within the quartz; those are the minerals left - or so I've been told/read....I don't recall if the side stones are diamonds or topaz...i'm thinking topaz...

original.aspx

who likes their Emeralds rough ;-) This is a Zambian Rough Speciman. Love the differnt looks throughout the stone

original.aspx

Facet Grade Rhodolite Garnet Rough....are these even big enough to facet? I have other photos if they would help

original.aspx

I have a beautiful chocolatey brown Smokey Quartz but the photos of it are horrid. It was super dirty so now that it's clean, i will get some better photos.

original.aspx

Pink Diamond Earrings....almost a 1/2 Ct for each ear and yes i know they are dirty to. Hubby bought these for my birthday (10/01), tad bit of fire: to. I love their soft sparkle...deep flashes of rose reds and neon pinks

original.aspx

Lets not forget the green studs too! They are very true to color here, love the flashes of bright citrus green.

original.aspx

That's all for now...tons of pics...sorry they are so huge. I also have a new blue diamond ring hubby just snagged for me but no photos of it yet.

Hope ya'all enjoy'd the show and thanks for stopping by....loose stones tomorrow...

\ends drooling

rparker1998 "the future GG"

artemiss

Rough_Rock
Those pads are yummy and I really like the design on the Kyanite ring..pretty!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful collection with some really unique pieces!

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 11:41:06 PM
Author: artemiss
Thanks artemiss. It''s a nice even shade of blue; has some surface abraisians where they polisher didn''t quite smoth it out enough but not really worth the cost of getting it fixed - I am the only one (and now all of you, and hubby of course) who would notice it...

I still would like to get a sphene pendent and earrings (as I think it would go well with my chrysoberyl ring, as it can''t be made into a ring due to it''s softness....but what about a bezel set shene?)

I would also like to get a columbian emerald that is super hunter green and realtively clean - yes I know emeralds aren''t known for that and they are hugely expensive - so maybe for our 20 year anniversary)

I''d also like to get a rhodolite garnet ring in rose gold and kunzite ring too. Patroke even?

And of course on my SUPER WISH list - Red diamond, Purple Diamond, Deep honey/amber yellow diamond, orange diamond, black (natural) diamond, blue diamond, grey diamond, ....basically every color of diamond available :) Size isn''t important to me so...enable away :)

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Darn it... the board just ate my reply!

I recognize most of those! I especially enjoy the Kyanite. When I first saw it presented I wondered if the one they were showing on TV was just a really nice sample and the rings they actually sent would have a lot of zoning, but yours looks great!

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 11:46:25 PM
Author: jstarfireb
What a beautiful collection with some really unique pieces!
Thank you!!! I think the rarest item in my collection so far, is the Zultanite (not shown here). I have a thing for rare and exotic stones. I''d like to find a list of the rarest stones on earth, gem grade of course....just to see where i''m at, and what''s out there if anyone knows of one....

OHHHH one on my wish list i Forgot: Boulder Opal With lots of red and green and blue....

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 11:41:06 PM
Author: artemiss

That was the thing that attracted hubby most to that ring, the split shank and the way the beryl stones were positioned.

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 11:49:35 PM
Author: Kunzite
Darn it... the board just ate my reply!

I recognize most of those! I especially enjoy the Kyanite. When I first saw it presented I wondered if the one they were showing on TV was just a really nice sample and the rings they actually sent would have a lot of zoning, but yours looks great!

I really wasn''t expecting much to be honest; it seemed so dark on tv. Got it home and I was very much surprised. Its a nice even blue, with flashes of a lighter blue. Very pleased with it over all. THANKS!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Nice pieces, especialy pads, kyanite and dendritic quartz rings.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
A gorgeous and unique collection. I love the pad ring.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Great collection!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I especially love the kyanite for the intense dreamy blue colour and dendrite quartz for the whimsical picturesque look. Thank you for sharing your collection with us.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful collections. Your PAD is absolutely stunning!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great collection! I especially like the Quartz!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
You have a lovely collection! I cannot start lusting after pads...I just can't
38.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous Collection!
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool collection!!
36.gif

I love the quartz, it''s so interesting. And the green studs look yummy, are they diamonds? TFS

SB621

Ideal_Rock
love your collection! Can''t wait to see more!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
those are really nice!
30.gif
I''m really digging the garnet and diamond ring especially!
30.gif

-A

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful collection! Thank you for sharing with us
35.gif

Loved the pad grouping and you are right, the milgrain is ''right'' for those stones and that setting.

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! It means a lot to me to know that the experts here on PS love them.

I am very blessed to be able to have so many nice pieces. Husband has put me on restriction at this point - no more jewlery until what we''ve bought is paid off (went a little crazy lately) and if I want to do GIA Gemology School we will have to pay for it somehow.

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 12:54:10 PM
Author: risingsun
You have a lovely collection! I cannot start lusting after pads...I just can''t
38.gif
Oh but you can! *puts on evil enabling hat*....they are so delicate looking...and show different colors depending on the light....I couldn''t stop staring at it on my hand. I do that with my Zultanite too..but this is different. AND i''m not even a pink fan! This was very cost effective too, even for Platinum, diamonds and pads....

*runs and hides waiting to be found and beat with a wet noodle*

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I agree, very nice collection. I''d like to see some more pictures of those pink diamond studs as well. Prefereably in your ears please!!!!!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recognise some of those pieces. Can I just ask ............ have you had the Pads checked out? I hate to say this but you can't buy natural pads from jewellery shopping tv outlets. Also, the diamonds are irradiated aren't they? Does it state that on the certificates you received? Most jewellery channels are not upfront about their treatments. They hide behind details on their website.

"Patroke" Kunzite isn't a name that people who don't watch jewellery tv will recognise. Please don't be sucked in by the Patroke label - it's a nonsense and great Kunzite (non Patroke) is just as gorgeous! It's a marketing ploy. I've seen both Patroke and non-Patroke and a good example is the same in each so make sure you don't pay over the odds for marketing.

Enjoy wearing your pretty pieces.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD,
They coat pink diamonds as well, other treatments are HPHT and of course, irradiation, to enhance color. Coating is not permanent, the others I believe are permanent. Coated diamonds come in an array of colors.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2009 9:30:12 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
LD,
They coat pink diamonds as well, other treatments are HPHT and of course, irradiation, to enhance color. Coating is not permanent, the others I believe are permanent. Coated diamonds come in an array of colors.
Hiya TL - yes I know but typically the diamonds (coloured) bought from jewellery channels on the TV are irradiated. Coating isn''t that common (especially in the UK) thankfully at the moment.

HPHT, irradiation are both permanent as you say. Coatings are usually only applied to the pavillion and comes with a care sheet as long as your arm - you can''t do X, you can''t do Y!!!

My reason for asking above is that a lot of people think they''ve bought natural untreated X, Y and Z and nearly always (in terms of coloured diamonds and pads) they''re not. So when they get the item valued, it''s not the big bucks they think it''s going to be. There is one jewellery channel in the UK that does sell natural coloured diamonds but they state it VERY clearly.

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Great collection, thanks for sharing with us.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results