shape
carat
color
clarity

My new ACA in a custom ring! 0.89 J VS1 “men’s” ring

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Hey there! Long time lurker, here.
I’m Anthony. I’m a nurse (in hospital leadership) in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. I’ve been in love with diamonds and colored gemstones for over a decade. I’m a big geek for cut symmetry and beauty. I mostly have gemstones in my collection, but I have had a couple ideal cut diamonds over the years. I had a H&A in a custom solitaire I had designed - lost that one at a restaurant in Arizona. I also had a August Vintage round in a custom solitaire I had designed - lost that one at work. Sadly, both were uninsured.

Anyways, I wanted to share my most recent project. I’m super happy about it. I just can’t stop staring at it!! It’s a 0.89 J VS1 ACA from Whiteflash that is set in a custom solitaire. I designed and drew the solitaire with influence from William White’s style. I had it cast by a local goldsmith. I wanted a half bezel to help open the setting up and I love how that turned out. I also wanted unplated and unpolished 14k white gold to help bring out the white nature of the J colored diamond. I definitely think that worked!

I am just so over the top happy with it. Nobody has really noticed it yet, but I can’t stop staring at it :) I’m trying to attach a couple videos. Not sure if I know how, but let’s see!

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome! Your new diamond and ring are just gorgeous! I love how the setting really accentuates that ACA! You did a wonderful job. Would love to see more men’s rings featuring beautiful diamonds.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So cool! I love the dimensions of the setting and the finish on the unplated white gold.

Really beautiful piece!! I am sure more pics would be welcomed!!

Who in Mn did you use? (I live in Mn)

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
So cool! I love the dimensions of the setting and the finish on the unplated white gold.

Really beautiful piece!! I am sure more pics would be welcomed!!

Who in Mn did you use? (I live in Mn)

Thanks so much!! I’m not great at sharing media, but I take decent photos! Haha. I’ll have to take some nice photos and post them sometime.
I have had rings made by several local jewelers over the years. This one I had made by Ron from Wholesale Gold and Diamonds in New Hope. I drew the design, brought him that and the diamond, and I had the ring in my hand in two weeks :)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
its gorgeous! Do I need to follow behind you for this one? Lol. I feel like you could be one of my kids! Lol

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
This is stunning!!! No wonder you can't take your eyes off it, it's gorgeous! Enjoy your new diamond and please don't lose it! ;)2

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
It’s a J for ‘just right’!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's awesome!! I adore everything about it!! :kiss2:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Noice!
The unplated WG and unpolished: for the win!!!
That J ACA isn’t too shabby either!!

Congrats.

Shame about the other 2, but more chances to make more!! Yay!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Your ideas turned out really nice...I love the unplated white gold! It really makes that J pop!
Wear it in good health...and dont lose this one!!!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there! Long time lurker, here.
I’m Anthony. I’m a nurse (in hospital leadership) in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. I’ve been in love with diamonds and colored gemstones for over a decade. I’m a big geek for cut symmetry and beauty. I mostly have gemstones in my collection, but I have had a couple ideal cut diamonds over the years. I had a H&A in a custom solitaire I had designed - lost that one at a restaurant in Arizona. I also had a August Vintage round in a custom solitaire I had designed - lost that one at work. Sadly, both were uninsured.

Anyways, I wanted to share my most recent project. I’m super happy about it. I just can’t stop staring at it!! It’s a 0.89 J VS1 ACA from Whiteflash that is set in a custom solitaire. I designed and drew the solitaire with influence from William White’s style. I had it cast by a local goldsmith. I wanted a half bezel to help open the setting up and I love how that turned out. I also wanted unplated and unpolished 14k white gold to help bring out the white nature of the J colored diamond. I definitely think that worked!

I am just so over the top happy with it. Nobody has really noticed it yet, but I can’t stop staring at it :) I’m trying to attach a couple videos. Not sure if I know how, but let’s see!

the setting you designed is so cool. enjoy!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Love this. I am such a fan of bold, chunky settings. The diamond looks wonderful in your design and really enjoy the unplated white gold

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love: I love that this setting melds all the attributes of collett/tension type set and modern lines. The unplated white was an inspired choice.
It really is an impressive design!
We're going to need some hand shots.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this! The setting is wonderful. Too many times I have seen a man's diamond ring in which the diamond seems plunked into a square gold setting with little thought (IMHO) given to the diamond or overall design of the piece. Your design is spot on. Your eyes are drawn to the diamond then pulled to the gorgeous metal work. So well done! :appl:

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so much!! I super appreciate all the kind and positive feedback!! Totally made my day :)

I’ll have to take some pictures when the April showers take a break!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Very cool! I especially love unplated white gold!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous! The setting is a wonderful design and the diamond looks like perfection! Enjoy wearing it!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! Enjoy!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Magnificent design. I love seeing the diamond in side view. Wow, beautiful work. Enjoy it in good health!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results