shape
carat
color
clarity

My New 3 Stone Ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ta Da!

I added ACA stones to my e-ring to make it a 3 stone! The sides are I SI1 .37c each, the center is H SI1 1.29c.

Isn''t it amazing?!?!

3stonemara.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Those wouldn''t be earrings would they???
31.gif
31.gif
9.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
6.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, yes It''s totally amazing!! The side stones are gorgeous!! How long did it take to do?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2005 9:14:37 PM
Author: sevens one
Those wouldn''t be earrings would they???
31.gif
31.gif
9.gif
What Nan said.
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
"How long did it take to do? "

It took all of ... 5 minutes!!
31.gif

Sevens, you ruined my fun!! I was hoping for about 10 shocked reactions before coming clean! Too bad I didn't think of this around April Fool's!
9.gif

Those are actually my ACA earrings which I placed side by side against my e-ring to see what sort of 3 stone ring effect I could conjure up. If you look closely you can see that the earrings are laying on the counter while the e-ring stone is slightly higher.

I was extremely bored today as it poured rain all day long and Greg has a cold so we were shut into the house.....I took tons of pictures of my diamonds in various lighting and then hit upon this idea to see what a 3 stone would look like.

I think this is a PERFECT idea! Too bad that there isn't a way I can just do a 'snap on' 3 stone ring for days when I want them and then pop them off when I just want the solitaire. Whoever can do something like a safe interchangeable setting will one day make ALOT of money!

You guys are too good!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,
You are just a bad girl!! I thought it looked a little strange!
6.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Whoa...fab ring...amazing for sure.....!

cheers--Sharon

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Mara! Well, it looks great, although I admit I was kinda confused at first - I thought "hmm, it looks a little crooked!!"
9.gif
So I''m glad to hear that its because of the earrings! Although I think you are very creative, and it looks like if you really did it, it would be pretty amazing!!
31.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to ruin the fun Mara- I was going to edit my post- so you could have more FUN.
I thought to myself "Mara must be bored today!"

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I *am* bored! All of my pots are flooding from this relentless rain!

Here are the actual earrings by themselves... they are .37 I SI ACA H&A''s and look bigger..more like my old .50c stones due to the better cut! They are set into the 3 prong martini in white gold.

The pictures came out pretty cool, I like the arrows and the last shot of scint which was actually taken with the light on them but with the camera blocking the light.

I''m still trying to get a pic of the martini setting...so far nothing is good.

aca earrings copy.JPG

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara
beautiful earrings, are they the new or thee old line ACA ?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol - I was thinking that ring is WAY too much. Eternity three-stone. . . out of control! lol

Your earrings are really pretty! Those about the size I''m hoping to get some day. . .some long time from now!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they are the new line. I don''t know if I saved the specs on them...I had so much going on at the time we got these. We were planning the wedding and I had a tight budget. These were perfect for the budget...BUT WF had a set of J SI2 1.28TCW (.64c each) for only about $800 more total.

At the time I couldn''t justify spending the extra $$ when we had so many other things going on....even though aljdewey told me at the time to do it or else I would regret it--her knowing how much I love size. Well of course I regretted it about a month later...esp after the price hikes that came again and again last year! Those same earrings now would be much more than they were then and to find such a great size, great cut, great price and great color/clarity combo all in one?? UGH!

I''m still watching and waiting...but I kick myself almost weekly for letting that golden opporunity pass by...I should have bitten the bullet and just done it. Of course those things were gone within about two weeks after I passed on them.

However, these are amazing and as I noted they almost are the same size visually on the ear as my old earrings, so I don''t mind hanging onto them for a while!
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Michelle, I actually like the idea of making my ring a 3 stone someday...talk about bling bling bling!!!

However I also really love my ring as a solitaire and I want to do the upgrade to the big 3c stone of course...so I may just do a 3 stone for a RHR ... oh but wait...what about the Asscher?

So many stones..so little time. That should be my signature!
9.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Mara, this rain really sucks. All my plants are dying, and i can''t even go out on my last long weekend before Memorial day!

Did you ever post ear shots of those earrings?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mara,

You are So spoiled Girl
3.gif

Poor Greg is never going to get that Muscle Car !!!
29.gif

marmust.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
FK..it''s supposed to clear up on Wed which is perfect since Greg''s dad and stepmom are coming into town next weekend, so hopefully they will get some sun for the visit (and my plants can dry out, hehee). However, right now it''s horrible esp on the long weekend! We watched way too much TiVo today, with nothing but time on our hands.

I have never posted these particular earrings before...so haven''t gotten any ear shots yet...hopefully when my camera recharges (I tired it out!)...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Josh I feel no shame! This is Greg's baby...his restored 1956 Dodge Power Wagon..he recently had it shipped out from the East Coast where his dad was babysitting it. It's all put together now again...this picture was shortly after it came to CA and he had to do some work on it to get it back up to running snuff.

So while I love and covet diamonds, he covets his big burly man-truck and loves working on it...and also drools over old truck magazines which showcase even larger vehicles than this!
23.gif
aka a vintage fire engine or a bus. Thank goodness we only have so much room--he already has to rent a garage JUST for the PW since it won't fit in ours!

gregpw.JPG

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just jokin Girl..You deserve everything you get sweety..
36.gif

That is quite the Rig...I drive Tractor Trailers for a living (Semi''s)...So I can relate to Greg''s big burly Man Truck...

Tell me what ya think of this baby Mara, This will haul alot of Diamonds...
9.gif

truckkensmara.JPG

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oh gosh.. you know how you can roll the mouse over a topic and read the first post in the thread? Well I read that and couldn''t BELIEVE you would change your awesome gorgeous ring! I love three-stone rings.. but yikes! I was really upset for a minute! But then I opened the thread.. and The picture is not so convincing
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Josh...Greg would be impressed...and covetous I'm sure. I don't want to give him any more IDEAS on what he can bring home.
9.gif
His truck is fabulous for carrying lots of plants and dirt...and of course would be great for lots of diamonds too!
20.gif
Rough, that is!

Melissa...hahah I did not count on the PS eyes being so darn sharp...but I really should have known better!
5.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, Mara, you had me going for a minute there!!!!
2.gif
3.gif

I hear ya--we need the "snap on" setting! it is so hard to decide between a three-stone type of look and more of a soliatire setting....both are so pretty. But I love your original ring style.... I''d hang on to it for a while.
1.gif

PS I was at the jewelers a couple weeks ago and he had a fabulous new 3 stone setting with .80 pears on either side...it was yummy...thoughts of bonus time nextmonth began swirling
28.gif
... but when I thought about it, I felt bad about losing the solitaire look and decided to stay with my current setting for many reasons, sentimentality included.
1.gif

Veronika

Shiny_Rock
ohhh...what a great idea I m off to convert my engagement ring to a three stone... I''ve always wanted to see what it would look like! Okay I m off to round up the diamond studs!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jen I know...I think about the 3 stone thing all the time, it would be so much cheaper to add side stones on there than upgrading the center stone over the long run... but I just can't really consider that with this setting just yet! I don't know that I would want to do it with this setting anyway, maybe a separate 3 stone later with a custom setting would be fun. Who knows. Tastes and wants change all the time!

diamond-princess, I would love to see the 3 stone fruit of your labor once you are done, please post it!

Waiting for the snap-on setting....

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am still in debates with my brain about making mine a 3 stone. If one stone is really bright, I cannot imagine three of them. And my wedding band...aye dios mio. Poor people in traffic.

I love those earrings. I think my guy is up to something with either earrings or buying two new stones for my ring.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, the sides'' size looks very right for the center. Sppedy upgrade, Mara !
9.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I've got to start reading the entire thread because you had me going for a while!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results