shape
carat
color
clarity

My New 2.20 ct DBTY :)

sparklypoodle

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to share my latest yummy new present. It's an 18k yellow gold 17 inch chain with 11 x 20 point G/H VS2 for a total of 2.20 cts, made by Brian Gavin Diamonds. I'm so happy, I love love love it! :love: I originally had it made into just under 16 inches, but added a little length as I found that the stones lay nicer around my neck with the extra length. The picture shows it at the original length, I can add pics later with the way it looks now if anyone is interested. Please ignore my sunburn... :oops:

BrianGavin_DBY2b_040111.jpg

BrianGavin_DBY3b_040111.jpg

photo.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty - the stones look fabulous and the necklace looks dainty and substantial at the same time! I am a yellow gold lover and love the contrast of the white stones with the yellow gold!

Great choice - would love to see pictures of the longer length -

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa, those are big stones for a dbty!! It definitely makes a statement - a delicate, dainty, but very-much-there statement :bigsmile:

Would love to see the final pics :sun:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow is right! Your DBTY is gorgeous.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow is definitely right! Love it!!! :love:

(Just for perspective, what size is the diamond stud?)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW sparklypoodle, it IS YUMMY!! :love: :love: :love: It looks sensational with your studs, definitely my favourite DBTY ever!! I adore yellow gold :appl:

May I please ask how big your studs are each? They look absolutely perfect :lickout:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niiccceee! What great size stones too!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love this necklace! Question though: Do you find that the diamonds poke you?

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :love: Woweee! I love it! So pretty!

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! This makes me want one even more :D

sparklypoodle

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all the compliments! I love this necklace more and more every minute. The bezels are so delicate, and look EXACTLY like the original Tiffany's dbty (I walked over to compare). I also used the exact size chain. In fact, the sales lady at Tiffany's thought I had bought it from them! I also love the 17" length on me, it sits like a 16" chain. I think the larger stones somehow pull the necklace up, like the stones want to sit flat, so the extra 1/2 inch on each side was necessary. I also like having that tiny bit extra length before the clasp, I think it prevents the necklace from spinning, with the weight of the stones favoring the front. Plus, I get to see more stones this way, rather than have them be more in the back. I really find that using 20 point stones is the perfect size. They really do not look large in real life, but very dainty. I feel like the smaller stones just get lost. I love this necklace because it makes me feel luxurious, but casual at the same time. :love:

Let me see if I can remember everyone's questions!
-My studs are 0.53 ct each. They are oec's in a 18k yellow gold basket setting. The setting is practically invisible. I kind of wish I had them set by BGD in their bezel setting. I may look for some 1 ct each and have them set in bezels some day (dare to dream)!
-They don't poke me unless I press them against my skin, then I feel the cutlet, otherwise, not at all.

Thanks again! Without this site, I would never had gone custom and gotten exactly what I wanted. Pricescope gave me the courage to go after what I want without always feeling like I had to sacrifice something. I am a total perfectionist, and BGD did an amazing job, I couldn't ask for anything more.

17 inch dbty photo.jpg

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful necklace! It looks wonderful on you. I love the 20-pointers; they're such a nice size!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! You wear it with grace and it's adorable! Congrats!

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Ooohhh.... faBOOOOOOO! Love, love, love... :love: :love: :love:

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Your DBTY looks lovely around your neck. Congratulations!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
beautiful~ :bigsmile:

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
Love your new necklace. It looks beautiful on you~ Enjoy!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I LOVE your necklace!!!! I keep coming back to look at it. I have always thought the stones looked a little small to
me in a regular DBTY necklace. I think the 20 pointers are so perfect! My perfect necklace would be with 20 pointers and I could
also slip a pendant in the middle. Don't know if that is really possible. Love love love love yours. Perfection quite simply.

r1ta_s

Rough_Rock
I love love love your DBTY :love: :love: :love: . I am considering exactly the same one including 18k yellow gold.

Can you please tell me if the bezels are hand made or cast?

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
I love it! It's my dream necklace! I have lots of jewellery but nothing with this kind of carat weight! You are so lucky! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Post pics of the the new length when it comes!

So tell me, do you get a lot of compliments on this one? I'm guessing yes!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks regal. :)

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
I agree, this looks really good on the neck!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Really gorgeous necklace. Yellow gold looks great on you and the length is perfect.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!! I have a WG DBTY necklace and now I'm thinking YG is a must too!!! Yours is GORGEOUS!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results