shape
carat
color
clarity

My new 1ct cushion cut aqua!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just picked this little lovely up on eBay...I''m not sure if it''s really an aqua, or a topaz, but it''s pretty none-the-less and I got it for a song. Measurements are 6 x 8. Any setting ideas for a RHR??

7ac7_1.JPG

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, and the black spec in the middle isn''t in the stone. It''s much prettier and sparklier in person. I have to take more pictures, this is the one from the listing...

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like the real deal to me! It is gorgeous! As far as setting ideas... do you want something simple, with melee, or a 4 stone? Since the stone was inexpensive.... should I assume you don''t want to spend alot on the setting?? It may be pretty easy to find a casted setting since it is callibrated making the options pretty endless!
36.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I love aquamarine and Ebay can be so fun sometimes! I''d love to see more pics when you get it.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
You have lots of options. But I would bezel that stone, it will darken it a bit. I would love to see more pics of it.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Pretty! I actually would recommend bezeling it - it''s very light now and a very thin, open-bottom bezel could bring a little darkness into the center to bring out the blue.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooo!!!! It''s pretty!!! What about a halo?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it HH. It looks like a very pretty color. I would bezel it too, maybe a thin bezel.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
the idea of a bezel crossed my mind. I love the look of colored stones with halos, but FI and I agree that they're way too close to my ering. Is there such a thing as a delicate David Yurman-style setting? I really like his stuff, but find it a little bulky. Thoughts?

Oh, and thanks everyone!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bezeling might showcase the chunky faceting better too because the colour might darken a little.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I definitely vote for a bezel! It''s a lovely stone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a lovely stone. I agree a bezel setting would look great.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bezeling can be expensive as far as setting and labor fees are concerned, While I agree with the others that it would look good in a bezel, I''m not sure you would want to in lieu of what you stated you paid for the stone ("a song"). Just something to consider.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty, HH!! I like the idea of a Yurman-esque setting for it, only less bulk. Tourmaline lover does make a good point regarding cost of setting vs. what you paid for the stone. Are you thinking of setting it in gold or maybe sterling silver?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stone, what a great find :)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m leaning towards WG. For me, the cost of the stone justifies paying a little more on the setting. Silly, I know. So I''m not opposed to putting up some $$ to get just the right ring.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
How about something like this for a setting?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty stone - love the cut
9.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
What do you guys think of this setting?

71258_Y_.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something like that should work. I presume it comes in the right shape?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Very nice blue
36.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
HH, I recommend you find some pics of aqua rings you love, and start from there. Both, your''s and Kismet''s suggestions are nice, but the stones in those photos are very different from what you''d be putting in those settings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results