shape
carat
color
clarity

My new 1 ct 5 stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My 30th Birthday was this past October. DH had just gotten hired after a LONG layoff so there was no pressie for me. However, with our tax return, I got the go ahead to begin searching for a present. I knew I wanted a 5 stone and my hopes were set high at a .5 ctw.

My 10th anni ring had a little oec pop out and I had to take it in to the jeweler for a repair. While there, I perused the "estate case." Inside that little case, a 1 ct 5 stone was sparkling at me! It was on fire! I asked to see it and was surprised that it was only I clarity! I guessed the stones'' color at G which matched nicely with my rings. First I looked at it in different lighting to see what I could see. There were no glaring imperfections, and the inclusions I could only see vaguely at certain angles. Then I louped the stones to find the rest of the little buggers. For the most part, the inclusions are hidden beneath prongs! I went home that day to think about buying a low clarity piece. The next day I went back and had one of the people accompany me outside to look at the ring in natural lighting. I was still very pleased so I bought it! The jeweler accepts trade ins and I was able to use a couple pieces towards the new ring. My grand total out of pocket was $301. I got an appraisal and am very pleased with my purchase.

So, specs are:
14kyg (I will rhodium plate it this week)
1 cttw rb 5 stones (stones range from .18-.21)
I1 clarity
H color

The prong setting is white so in most of the pics you can''t tell it''s yellow gold.

I recently had a channel set band dipped to wear with the anni ring that serves as my ering.

My intentions are to wear the band with the "ering" and also wear it on my right hand with a couple bands representing my kids.

First shot is the best (I so suck at bling photography!!)

ss30bday1.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Now I''m having trouble sizing......

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats SS. It looks and sounds like you got a steal of a deal! It''s so pretty and sparkly.

There''s an amazing amount of pirate''s "booty" in our local jeweler''s cases since the recession. It''s very sad to think that some people had to sell their lovlies to survive, but on the other hand, it''s nice to see someone''s treasure go to a good home and be loved and appreciated by someone :).

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
This pic shows the inclusions a bit. The center stone has an inclusion that kind of wraps around the table a bit. The black mark on the 4th stone and on my ering is just a reflection.

ss30bday2.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
This is the channel set band I''ve been wearing with the "ering." I don''t know if I should switch and wear the 5 stone or possibly go OTT and wear all 3!

ss30bday3.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
This is just the "ering" and 5 stone. The lack of fire in these shots was intentional so you can see the settings together.

ss30bday4.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Last pic is the requisite flower pic. JT got me tulips for Vday and they made a lovely setting for my rings!

I would love your thoughts on which combo of rings to wear!!

ss30bday5.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
For reference, the "ering" is .77 ct cushion, G, SI1 in a .62 cttw pave setting. The channel band is I *think* .25 cttw, GH, SI.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo very pretty. What a nice find for you. I would never have guessed they were I clairity.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! It looks great with your e-ring, enjoy!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
gemgirl~ Thanks. I''ve bought 2 pre-loved pieces now and both times I thought about the woman who wore them before me. I choose to think that she got one heck of an upgrade!

Callisto~ Thank you! That''s exactly what I wanted to hear!

DD~ Thanks, I think I''ll be wearing it with the "ering" often. It lights up beautifully together.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
it looks gorgeous! and I love thinking about the previous owner getting one heck of an upgrade:)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the 5 stone band, it looks great with your e-ring!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring and a great deal! If it were mine, I''d wear all three rings together. If that''s not comfortable for every day, then that 5 stone band would have to become the daily wedder, or a right hand ring. It''s too pretty not to be worn all the time! Looks perfect next to your ering, with is gorgeous, btw!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! My favourite combinations are all 3 rings and your new 5-stone with your e-ring.
36.gif
30.gif

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Good find!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great SS, good find!!!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Nice ring and it sounds like you got a deal.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It looks lovely with your ering!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, bella, I don''t want to think some lady HAD to get rid of her ring.
39.gif

Laila~ When I was originally looking for a ring I really thought it''d be RHR, but I love them together!

KaeKae~ I haven''t seen you around, Welcome! Thanks! I think I''ll end up wearing them all together for evenings out (which are very rare) and the 5 stone daily.

Thanks, chiquita!

Thanks, Iknvrb!

Lorelei~ I really appreciated your thoughts on my "I clarity" thread and that thread is what sealed the deal for me. So, thank you from another happy PSer!!

OOO~ Thanks, it was a deal! That "estate case" is quickly becoming my favorite Saturday haunt.

Thanks, tyty!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely ring!!!!!!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s great! Looks good stand alone but I like it with you e-ring too.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great find! Enjoy!

cheers--Sharon

tigian

Ideal_Rock
What a great find! It looks sparkly and makes a lovely set with your e-ring.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I really, really like your new 5 stone, it is PRETTY! I would wear it with your e-ring, I think they complement one another perfectly! Congratulations!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, princess, vesper, dreamer, Sharon, tigian and beechezz!!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
What a terrific deal! And it is lovely too
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! I love it with your ering too.
36.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pretty! I like all 3 together!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results