shape
carat
color
clarity

My New 1.60 Octavia Ring is here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

debi1960

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone! I received my new Octavia engagement ring today. It is absolutely stunning!! It has so much sparkle and fire - unbelieveable!! The whole process has been amazing and Jonathan at Good Old Gold was so knowledgeable and fun to work with. Thanks so much to KarlK for creating this gem.

Now to the story- The ring arrived this morning at my husband's office. He brought it home tonite. He sat me down in the living room and got on his knee. He said that he is not much for words ( I never got a real proposal when we got engaged) but he wanted me to know how happy he is with me. He also said that every year he loves me more and more. And that he can handle anything in life because he has that with me.

39.gif
39.gif
Needlesss to say he more than made up for not having a real proposal the first time around. I am sooooo happy.

We took pics with his cell phone and they came out awful. I just emailed Jonathan for the pics of it - and I am hoping Kenny or Karl K can help me post them.

Here are the specs on this diamond

Square Emerald Cut
Measurements 6.57x6.55x4.95

Finish:
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Ideal
Color H
Clarity Grade VH1
Carat Weight 1.60 cts.

It was graded by AGS. Originally we thought it would be an I, VS2, Very good to excellent. It came out higher than we expected.

Guys - when I get the pics - put your sunglasses on - because you will be blinded!!

Also, I highly recommend Jonathan and Good Old Gold. This whole experience has been a blast!! And if you can get an appointment with Jonathan in person, it is so worth the time and effort. He spends so much time with you explaining diamonds, shows aset images, etc and even under the microscope he has it set up to a flat screen tv so you can see it that much better.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
awesome!!! sounds beautiful...post pics soon!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
can''t wait to see it
36.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, congratulations to the both of you.
What a sweet story.

I can't wait to see pics.
I'm so glad for you and I'll bet your Octavia is just a 4th of July explosion of fireworks.
Ours is, and it is smaller.

Be sure to tell us what your family and friends think about the Octavia.

Keep it clean and wear it proudly - but you know, it's weird how ours looks great even when it is not that clean.
Amazing cut; it just explodes with light.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so excited to see another Octavia in a ring!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Pictures......Please!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a lovely and sweet story. I can''t wait to see pics!!!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
No matter how sweet the story is - we need photos!!

Congrats on your engagement.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Pictures? I can''t wait to see it!!

debi1960

Shiny_Rock
I will have pictures and video tomorrow. I am sorry - but the pics we took with our cell phones came out awful. Trust me it will be worth the wait. I will post them here when I get them from Jonathan. I will try for hand pictures over the weekend.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
the photo suspense is killing me:)

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
OMG, must have photos!!!!! I will be stalking this thread until I see them!
41.gif

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
congrates! :}
Can''t wait to see the pictures.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2010 9:56:36 PM
Author: debi1960
I will have pictures and video tomorrow. I am sorry - but the pics we took with our cell phones came out awful. Trust me it will be worth the wait. I will post them here when I get them from Jonathan. I will try for hand pictures over the weekend.
I can''t wait to see it!!!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2010 6:55:52 PM
Author:debi1960
Hi Everyone! I received my new Octavia engagement ring today. It is absolutely stunning!! It has so much sparkle and fire - unbelieveable!! The whole process has been amazing and Jonathan at Good Old Gold was so knowledgeable and fun to work with. Thanks so much to KarlK for creating this gem.

Now to the story- The ring arrived this morning at my husband''s office. He brought it home tonite. He sat me down in the living room and got on his knee. He said that he is not much for words ( I never got a real proposal when we got engaged) but he wanted me to know how happy he is with me. He also said that every year he loves me more and more. And that he can handle anything in life because he has that with me.

39.gif
39.gif
Needlesss to say he more than made up for not having a real proposal the first time around. I am sooooo happy.

We took pics with his cell phone and they came out awful. I just emailed Jonathan for the pics of it - and I am hoping Kenny or Karl K can help me post them.

Here are the specs on this diamond

Square Emerald Cut
Measurements 6.57x6.55x4.95

Finish:
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Ideal
Color H
Clarity Grade VH1
Carat Weight 1.60 cts.

It was graded by AGS. Originally we thought it would be an I, VS2, Very good to excellent. It came out higher than we expected.

Guys - when I get the pics - put your sunglasses on - because you will be blinded!!

Also, I highly recommend Jonathan and Good Old Gold. This whole experience has been a blast!! And if you can get an appointment with Jonathan in person, it is so worth the time and effort. He spends so much time with you explaining diamonds, shows aset images, etc and even under the microscope he has it set up to a flat screen tv so you can see it that much better.

Congratulations!!!! I''m sure it''s a beautiful stone, I love the look of Octavias from what I''ve seen on PS.

A little concerned about the clarity grading though, I''ve never seen a vH1 grade!
emwink.gif

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
What??? Still not photos? I''ve been to work and now back home and I was soooo excited to see this new beauty but alas, I''ll have to wait longer.

*humph*

..........but I''m sure it will be worth it.

debi1960

Shiny_Rock
I have pics and Video from Jonathan!!!

Here is the link to the video - it looks just like this in person.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwnSvPyb6xU

Someone please make it clickable!!!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock

debi1960

Shiny_Rock
Here are the pictures!!! (Put on your sunglasses!!)

Oh no the file sizes are too large- I will post them when I can - but watch the video in the mean time.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!! I know you
30.gif
it!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Debi, it is just stunning.
Congratulations to you.

debi1960

Shiny_Rock
I am having trouble attaching the photos! It says that the file is too large - I think I am doing something wrong.

I will try again when my husband gets home - and see if he can do it.

The ring sparkles so much more than the pics and video show. It is so amazing in the sunlight!! We will try to take some pics with our movie camera- we don''t have a good camera right now. I wish you all could see it - it looks so good in person.

About the size- It is 1.60 - and I was wondering how it would look- since I think a 1.3-1.4 round would be great on my finger. Well the 1.60 looks amazing on my finger- and I think some of it is the way the Octavia is cut it is very deep. The setting is set up a little high so you can see all the angles of the stone - It does not look small by any means. It looks absolutely perfect- I don''t think it would look good any bigger.

You will see what I mean once I get the hand pics posted.

The bottom line- it does look bigger than I thought it would- and it looks perfect on my finger. I am a size 5.50 - so if anyone is thinking of size- I think this is a great size for my ring size.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
wow wow wow!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
W
30.gif
w
30.gif
w
30.gif
w
30.gif
w
30.gif
w!!!!!!!!!

lucky_D

Rough_Rock
debi- you should use picnik to resize the photos. They even have a facebook app that makes it super easy to do. Your ring is so beautiful! My husband too, did not really, actually ever propose. I am waiting for my new setting, also a verragio (I almost got the exact same one as you!). Maybe he will propose this time around as well? CONGRATS!

debi1960

Shiny_Rock
Picture 1...

DA_Verragio2.jpg

debi1960

Shiny_Rock
Picture 2...

DA_Verragio3.jpg

debi1960

Shiny_Rock
Picture 3...

DA_Verragio4.jpg

debi1960

Shiny_Rock
Picture 4...

DA_Verragio5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results