shape
carat
color
clarity

My new 1.46 ct oval paraiba

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
I was bitten by the Paraiba bug in 2017 thanks to Pricescope. I bought a lower quality cabochon to see what the fuss is about and fell in love!

I just finished a really difficult project at work, and to celebrate, I just got this amazing stone!

AGS-certified Brazilian, low-heat only. 1.46 ct (8.74 mmx6.39 mm), Greenish Blue, modified brilliant cut. Slightly included, very glowy, and actually pretty sparkly too! The pix make it look more included than it is for some reason.
= IMG_5910.JPG IMG_5909.JPG

I'm in love! Need ring ideas now :)

Attachments

• IMG_5911.JPG
    IMG_5911.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 47

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty some type of diamond halo to make the colour pop even more!!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's beautiful!

SparklePolo

Rough_Rock
Wowza, so gorgeous! :kiss2: Can't wait to see a ring design for this one!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks so glossy! Congrats on such a stunning gem. :kiss2:
Do you have any ideas on how you want to set it? *cough* Halo *cough*

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
It looks so glossy! Congrats on such a stunning gem. :kiss2:
Do you have any ideas on how you want to set it? *cough* Halo *cough*

I know! I have a few halo rings already though... is there such thing as too many halo rings?

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that stone just glows!!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Check out Yvonne Raley's pillow ring design. It's a halo, but with a different kind of flair. I love it.

Great paraiba, by the way.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, beautiful glowy stone!

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
Oops realized above that I said it was AGS-certified. I meant AGL. Too excited to post and share to get the details right. LOL.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Any more thoughts regarding what kind of setting you're planning?

I've got a smaller oval paraiba that I set in a colored stone double halo by CRD. I think halo is so versatile when you can play with different colors in halo, and judging by your profile pic featuring paraibas in the halo, you're not afraid of color.

Just thought I'd share this, not sure if you like THIS much color, but I love a non-conventional halo.
My Easter Joy Paraiba Ring. Actually, it's an oval camellia ring done by Cecile Raley Designs, but in case you don't like the riot of colors on display here, the choice of the melee stones for the halos were all mine, and CDR worked with my choice of melee stones and my layout for the arrangement.

Since I saw the oval paraiba, I thought that 1) it would be a great candidate for the camellia ring style, and that 2) I didn't want a paraiba ring that has already been done before. I decided I wanted a colored stone halo, but then what colors would work best? The inspiration came to me that since my loose paraiba resembled a blue robin's egg, I could use all these bright colors in an abstract representation of an Easter basket, filled with all sorts of bright eggs, but with the paraiba egg being the brightest and the most precious one.

Cecile Raley Designs' work is exquisite, and I was delighted when I received the photos. Yvonne said that she was a bit worried with how colorful it was, since it's not everyone's cup of tea. But because I gave so much thought to the CS halo layouts (lots of symmetry and geometry in arranging all the colors) and selected the gems, I feel it's really true to my aesthetic. Will be so excited when I get to wear it proudly!

icm_fullxfull.191441758_o44l38tew2okk8000ccc.jpg icm_fullxfull.191441782_grmml9dmp7cco8woks48.jpg icm_fullxfull.195671377_bsi7mp5lu1444o0o4cc0.jpg
First halo: 1.75mm rubies, sapphires, Merelani mint garnets
Second halo: 1.25mm canary yellow diamonds, paraiba tourmalines, demantoid garnets

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
Any more thoughts regarding what kind of setting you're planning?

I've got a smaller oval paraiba that I set in a colored stone double halo by CRD. I think halo is so versatile when you can play with different colors in halo, and judging by your profile pic featuring paraibas in the halo, you're not afraid of color.

Just thought I'd share this, not sure if you like THIS much color, but I love a non-conventional halo.

Thank you for sharing! I love a good "party ring", and you're right that I love colors. For this ring, I am a bit all over the map. I am narrowing in on a cluster ring or a moi et toi style ring at this point. Inspired by Harry Winston right now... looking at these (was playing with PicMonkey for visualizing the colors and layout).

Paraiba Ring Mock Up.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 10.27.42 AM.jpg

Would love opinions and thoughts!

voce

Ideal_Rock
I love the peekaboo looking blue sapphires under/in the top pic bottom left.

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
I love the peekaboo looking blue sapphires under/in the top pic bottom left.

I think the peekaboo stones are so cute too! I didn't want blue sapphires though because the stone itself is slightly greenish, so worried that a truly blue stone will make it look even more green. I was thinking a champagne diamond might be a nice complement since it'll look like the sand and the sea.

Or just go with all white diamonds :kiss2:

voce

Ideal_Rock
I'm not a fan of the champagne. The association with sand is nice, but it does nothing for the color, and green and blue complement each other nicely, and I think you may be overthinking it; since the sapphires aren't immediately beside the paraiba, I don't think they will have that much of an effect in making it look greener.

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
I'm not a fan of the champagne. The association with sand is nice, but it does nothing for the color, and green and blue complement each other nicely, and I think you may be overthinking it; since the sapphires aren't immediately beside the paraiba, I don't think they will have that much of an effect in making it look greener.

Yeah you're probably right there. I could do padparadscha peekaboo stones and have the opposite of my avatar photo!

So you like the "all pears" one better than the one with the mixed pears/cushions?

voce

Ideal_Rock
Yeah you're probably right there. I could do padparadscha peekaboo stones and have the opposite of my avatar photo!

So you like the "all pears" one better than the one with the mixed pears/cushions?

In terms of shape, no. I simply find an all white diamond halo not as interesting. If you were to swap the pear shaped white diamonds in the mixed pears/cushions to be say, lavender or hot pink sapphires (I prefer lavender with the paraiba blue), then I'd like that better. Then again, I have a more colorful taste than most people. It should be about what pleases you the most, so please take your time and figure it out, and I hope you find the process fun. :razz:

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
In terms of shape, no. I simply find an all white diamond halo not as interesting. If you were to swap the pear shaped white diamonds in the mixed pears/cushions to be say, lavender or hot pink sapphires (I prefer lavender with the paraiba blue), then I'd like that better. Then again, I have a more colorful taste than most people. It should be about what pleases you the most, so please take your time and figure it out, and I hope you find the process fun. :razz:

For sure! The process of thinking about and designing a new ring is pretty relaxing for me. My husband and I are nerds, and we even downloaded a trial copy of Rhinoceros (3D modeling software) to play around with layouts.

Thanks for your feedback. It's fun to play with Pricescopers and hear all your opinions. :)

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
Honestly, I love the one you have better. The color just pops.

how about replacing the champagne with hot red spinel?;))

That would be a statement for sure! Playing around with "peekaboo" stone colors now on the 3D modeling software.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results