shape
carat
color
clarity

My nanny''s "grande marquise"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock
I have been fascinated by my Nanny''s (grandma''s) 4 plus carat marquis diamond. When she got remarried (my grandpop died when I was 4.... she remarried when I was 16) she got the diamond reset and had a pave band made to match. She was over the other day for Hannukah and I convinced her to let me clean it in the SI US and take pics. Well I learned taking pics is much much harder then I imagined.... I also learned the diamond isn''t as spectacular as I had hoped as it seems to have a fracture( she says she hasn''t taken it off for ANYTHING in 7.5 yrs) and some decent scratches.... also looks pretty low in color. None the less I remember drooling over it as a child and wanted to share it with all of you.

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock
when I attatch a picture no errors come up.... of course no picture does either.... can anyone help?

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock
this thing is ENORMOUS

nannyseringonfingerzxzx.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that''s quite a ring!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful!! No wonder you were smitten with it as a child (and adult too).

I love lower color diamonds and I think it''s absolutely lovely!!!!

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
There is something warm and feel good about certain shapes in warm colors.. I would LOVE to play with it.

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
that marquis IS GRANDE!!! wow!! thanx for sharing!!!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a ring! It''s truly unique and beautiful! I really love the pave band.:)

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Those are beautiful rings! Your nanny has excellent taste!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!!!
30.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautuful. They cut the marquise differently then, and the older cuts are fascinating.

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
That''s one big beautiful marquise! Thanks for sharing!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a honkin huge marquise! I would have been mesmerized by it as well!!! Thank you for sharing with us!

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock
She (the diamond) will go to my aunt after my nanny passes and then to me since she has no children. Godwilling it will still be in one piece and I have full intentions of bezel setting her in a pendant to protect the girdle and wear her as a reminder of all my wonderful memories of my nanny. I am so glad everyone enjoys her in all her unique glory... I have never seen a stone like it and doubt I ever will. While I now realize it isn''t the most magnificent stone, the sentimental value surpasses anything else.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing the heirloom bling! There''s nothing quite like seeing a gorgeous diamond with a lifetime of wear that still remains such a beautiful thing. I''m frankly in love with marquis'' now, lol!
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, I love the setting as well!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/26/2006 8:50:23 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
It''s beautuful. They cut the marquise differently then, and the older cuts are fascinating.

Thanks for shaing this info. I think that the sentimental value is only added to by the unique cut. Hope you and your family keeps enjoying it for years to come.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2006 1:56:55 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Date: 12/26/2006 8:50:23 AM

Author: Madam Bijoux

Thanks for shaing this info. I think that the sentimental value is only added to by the unique cut. Hope you and your family keeps enjoying it for years to come.

My mom has her grandmother''s (my great grandmother''s) MQ diamond that has similar facets. I love them. I also really like the setting she has.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results