shape
carat
color
clarity

My MRB Bangle Project

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is definitely the big mama in terms of weight and monetary value, even though I am not a lover of MRBs for rings, and I wasn't going to say no when my mum finally decided to give it to me.

DK :))

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Will the bangle stretch to open when you put it on and take it off? Or is there enough room in the opening to slide it on and off?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Oops, the close up pics are showing the finger prints and dirt, DOH!!!

DK :oops2::lol-2:

HA! I've done the same. Still a pretty diamond even with a fingerprint :) The first pictures show it off very well.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HA! I've done the same. Still a pretty diamond even with a fingerprint :) The first pictures show it off very well.

It is far from ideal and I was able to see an extra facet on the girdle. However, it is still very sparkly to me, and big! It is sentimental for certain as I was with my mum when she chose and bought it over 40 years ago!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is far from ideal and I was able to see an extra facet on the girdle. However, it is still very sparkly to me, and big! It is sentimental for certain as I was with my mum when she chose and bought it over 40 years ago!

That must have been a fun shopping trip!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That must have been a fun shopping trip!!

It was indeed! I believe she probably bought the set of carré cut stones that ended up in my other bracelet at the same time.

The others she bought for me around the same time had sadly been sold, except for the diamond studs, when I needed the money for relocation purposes. I was not wearing them, and did not have the money to re-purpose them at the time, hence they were sold.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s turned out brilliantly @dk168 :kiss2:

TravelKat

Rough_Rock
The CAD looks fabulous! I can hardly wait to see the finished project!

I am just so, so pleased you’ve had such a great experience with Simon. I will say that it’s typical- he’s always above and beyond. I can hardly wait until we can actually get back over to the U.K. to see him again.

And I loved that we got the bonus of seeing the two adjusted rings. So beautiful!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
WOW!

___

Then

@MakingTheGrade Try Google for < Boivin ebony > , there be black bangles etc. with diamonds ...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update received from the bench.

Apparently the assay office was holding incoming items for 3 days or so before they would touch/work on them under current circumstances which is understandable.

This is the reason why the charity shop where I volunteer cannot be re-opened yet.

The bangle is now ready to be shipped, so hopefully, I shall receive it soon, can't wait!

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow, this is INCREDIBLE!! I desperately want a bangle like this. Its absolutely gorgeous!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:dance:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, slight hitch, in that the cost of sending it to me via courier runs into high 3-figure o_O due to insurance value, sufficient for one of my nicer stones to be set in a fancy/nicer setting!!!

Can't justify that, so I have to come up with Plan B - for me to drive up to the Big Smoke to collect it myself (fine by me as I used to live in London and know my way around in a car); and Plan C to meet the jeweller in a bar in a city closer to me that I frequent where social distancing is practical.

DK :(2

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
Whaaaaaaaaaat? High three figures?
That's *insane*. How frustrating for you!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, slight hitch, in that the cost of sending it to me via courier runs into high 3-figure o_O due to insurance value, sufficient for one of my nicer stones to be set in a fancy/nicer setting!!!

Can't justify that, so I have to come up with Plan B - for me to drive up to the Big Smoke to collect it myself (fine by me as I used to live in London and know my way around in a car); and Plan C to meet the jeweller in a bar in a city closer to me that I frequent where social distancing is practical.

What’s up with UK pricing?! I’ve had things shipped by FedEx from the US, fully insured, for 2 figures... Your stone is much more sizeable than what I received but surely domestic is safer than international?!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What’s up with UK pricing?! I’ve had things shipped by FedEx from the US, fully insured, for 2 figures... Your stone is much more sizeable than what I received but surely domestic is safer than international?!

FK!

Both the bench and myself were shocked, however that was the quote provided by the courier!

DK :confused2:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sounds like plan C is your best and safest bet @dk168

who was the overpriced courier?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like plan C is your best and safest bet @dk168

who was the overpriced courier?

TNT I believe.

I tried it myself using Parcel2Go with similar results - it's the enhanced protection for the estimated value of the bangle that costs a frigging fortune.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Registered mail posted from a private address & a drink? [only half joking]

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Does Fedex not have more competitive pricing? They are the most expensive for low value, but as insurance goes up, they actually can beat the other services

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does Fedex not have more competitive pricing? They are the most expensive for low value, but as insurance goes up, they actually can beat the other services

I believe FedEx did not come up on the search result as it is UK local pick up and delivery addresses only.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Registered mail posted from a private address & a drink? [only half joking]

I do not believe the bench would entertain that idea.

I could have under insure it, however, this is the big mama and don't want to risk it.

Reactions: AV_

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At least you won’t have the worry of wondering where it is, and when it’ll be delivered @dk168.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If all goes according to plan, I should have it on Tuesday 21 July 2020, fingers firmly crossed!

reirei

Shiny_Rock
Update from the bench, the bangle is currently at the assay office, hopefully it won't be long before it is ready.

In the meantime, here is a pic of my bangle.

20200623_172955.jpg

DK :kiss2:

Wowwww I can't wait to see wrist shots of this - it's so gorgeous!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am full of excitement for the delivery of my MRB bangle tomorrow. ;)2

Been busy preparing for the cream tea such as making sultana scones and cheese scones, sandwich fillings (lemon butter to go with watercrest; smoked salmon and cream cheese; and thinly sliced cucumber) and tidying the garden and house.

Still need to do some more tidying, and to dig out the teapot which is in storage in the spare room; otherwise I am good to go.

Can't wait!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ta da! And I love it! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

It is a statement piece and looks right on its own.

I tried wearing it with my carré cut bracelet and it did not look right to me.

20200721_164301.jpg

20200721_164126.jpg

20200721_164103.jpg

Happy Bunny here!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Ta da! And I love it! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

It is a statement piece and looks right on its own.

I tried wearing it with my carré cut bracelet and it did not look right to me.

20200721_164301.jpg

20200721_164126.jpg

20200721_164103.jpg

Happy Bunny here!

Soo beautiful! I LOVE it!:kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results