shape
carat
color
clarity

My Mother is Hospitalized (AGBF)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI Deb,

I''m so happy to hear that things are looking up a bit. Continued prayers for improvement and positive results!!!

((HUGS))

Layla

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2008 7:11:55 AM
Author: Ellen
Deb, I am so glad to hear things have improved! I pray it continues. Please keep us updated when you can, we''re all thinking of you.
Thank you for the update; I too have been thinking about you and your sweet mom. Lots of hugs and prayers your way Deb.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Deb,
Just thinking about you.
Hope your Mom is continuing to feel better and remember to take care of "you" too.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, Deb. I''m so sorry I''m late to this, but you, and your family, and especially your Mother, are in my thoughts and prayers.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up with this thread! I am able to read everything, but I cannot respond to everything in order and it is making me crazy! I don't want to jump ahead and respond to newer things before I respond to things posted earlier! (Oh the joys of obsessive-compulsive neurosis!)

Thank you, thing2of2; Diamond*Dana; MZ; coatimundi; Miranda; flower12; Deelight; Madam Bijoux; Girlrocks; and Dani. I appreciate it that each of you has posted and I enjoyed reading the message that each of you wrote. Thank you!

Late this afternoon my mother was discharged from the hospital to a nursing home/rehabilitation facility. She has now had two good days in the hospital: being lucid and being willing to eat. She has even had some "physical therapy", meager though it must be given how weak she is. Every movement of a muscle is a move in the right direction at this point! If she can remain free of the C-diff, there may be hope for her to build up some strength by eating and physical therapy. The trend has not been in this direction since she first contracted the C-diff, howvever.

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2008 11:20:46 AM
Author: scarleta
I''m very sorry to hear that Deb.I will keep your Mom and family in my thoughts and prayers.Please try your very best to stay strong now.You are needed by all now.Thinking of you lots..

Thanks, scarleta. You are a sweetheart. :)

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2008 11:24:47 AM
Author: sap483

Deb, I''m so sorry that your mother has to go through this. She''s very lucky to have such a loving family to be there for her. In all of this, please remember to take care of yourself too. As a caretaker it''s very easy to neglect one''s own wellbeing. What your mom needs more than anything is for you to be healthy both physically and emotionally! My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Thank you, sap483. You are very kind.

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2008 11:32:24 AM
Author: part gypsy

AGBF, I don''t check in here (pricescope) as much as I''d like, but when I read this I had to respond.

I thank you so much for doing so!

Date: 3/27/2008 11:32:24 AM
Author: part gypsy

My grandmother died unexpectantly at age 92, and it was very hard. I know acquantinces probably thought well she was 92 what did you expect

You are so sensitive, part gypsy! You are right on target. People think that at a certain age one has "lived a good life" and that, therefore, it should be easy for people who love them to lose them.

That is just not so.

It is true that, objectively speaking, it is not the tragedy it is to lose a 92 year-old person who has had a career, married, had children and grandchildren that it is to lose an 18 year-old on the threshold of life.

That does not mean that the people who love the 92 year-old need to find it easy to say good-bye. Those people who love the 92 year-old may have had 92 years in which to bond with him. Or 85. Or 60. Or 55. If that 92 year-old is a shining light, full of kindness in a cold world, it should not be easy to say good-bye! The 92 year-old should be missed and, at the same time, his long, good life celebrated.

Deborah
34.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Hi sorry to hear about your MOM

I had c. diff and it was horrible...I thought it was just a tummy bug...but...

Glad to hear she is doing a bit better...

Some things that can cause sudden onset altered mental status in the elderly besides a CVA...include some basic stuff like electrolyte imbalance (easy to get wiht diarrhea) or a Urinary tract infection...among other things...

Wishing the best

diane

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2008 9:11:13 PM
Author: AGBF

I knew I wouldn''t be able to keep up with this thread! I am able to read everything, but I cannot respond to everything in order and it is making me crazy! I don''t want to jump ahead and respond to newer things before I respond to things posted earlier! (Oh the joys of obsessive-compulsive neurosis!)

Thank you, thing2of2; Diamond*Dana; MZ; coatimundi; Miranda; flower12; Deelight; Madam Bijoux; Girlrocks; and Dani. I appreciate it that each of you has posted and I enjoyed reading the message that each of you wrote. Thank you!

Late this afternoon my mother was discharged from the hospital to a nursing home/rehabilitation facility. She has now had two good days in the hospital: being lucid and being willing to eat. She has even had some ''physical therapy'', meager though it must be given how weak she is. Every movement of a muscle is a move in the right direction at this point! If she can remain free of the C-diff, there may be hope for her to build up some strength by eating and physical therapy. The trend has not been in this direction since she first contracted the C-diff, howvever.

Deb
34.gif
Oh Deb, that is indeed some good news and a start in the right direction! Please know that I''m keeping your Mom in my thoughts and will continue to send positive healing vibes her way. Please make sure to take care of yourself!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb, I am glad she is continues to do better each day; I will continue to send lots of prayers and hugs
emhug.gif
emhug2.gif
As other have said, please take care of yourself too; you are such a sweet daughter and your mother sounds wonderful.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Prayers and good thoughts continuing.
So thankful to hear of your mom''s progress.
I check this thread often and appreciate you taking the time to give us your updates when so much is going on.
I''m sure you are emotionally drained and physically exhausted.
Keep the faith.
((hugs))

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Prayers are going out for you and your family !!! Thank you for your support with my Dad - we now think maybe it is shingles that is what caused the pain more than what was found...God''s way of getting him checked out :}
Keep your chin up sweetie!! HUGS!

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
OH sweetie I hope you are holding up okay. Glad she is being discharged from the hospital and into a rehab facility. Those places are really great for getting people back up on their feet. I hope they are able to get the c-diff under control. Its a really nasty thing to fight. I am sending you prayers and get well dust. Take care of yourself too. She needs your strength.

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Deb, I''m so sorry to hear that your Mum has been ill and glad to hear that she has been discharged. My thoughts are with you in this difficult time.
emrose.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, thanks for the update and good news. I''m glad you get to enjoy some more time with your mom!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Deborah for update.I hope it gets better and better each day.Sending lots of positive vibes your way.Stay strong , positive and as said here don''t forget to take care of yourself.Will keep you in my prayers...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb, I just saw this thread (I was out of town) and wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and your family! (((hugs)))

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Please keep us updated. My thoughts are with you.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF I''m relieved that she is doing better. Yes many medical things can cause delirium - which is extreme disorientation that goes away if the medical thing is dealt with.
I''m wishing for continued good improvement and that bug is done!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
checking in
prayers continue

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Deb,

Rather a late entry, but I''d read earlier today of your mother, and wanted to simply send you and yours the very best of wishes.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Deb, I am just peeking in at PS after a while away. Lots of stuff going on in my life, and your thread reminded me that''s it''s just small stuff. I am grateful that your mom is having a time of mending after such a scary ordeal. I will pray for each of you that God would meet the unique needs of each member of your family. To you my dear friend, I wish and pray for peace and strength.

shay

shinyrock

Rough_Rock
Deb--I''m so sorry to hear about your mother. That can be so difficult. I know you may not be on here an completely understand if I don''t hear a response, but I was directed to you by some posters about your invisible solitaire ring setting you posted back in 2003. My girlfriend wants something just like that in white gold and I have not been able to find it anywhere.

Could I please ask you where you found it or who the designer was? I''m grateful for any tips anyone can give!!!

Thanks so much and my thoughts and prayers will be with you.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb,
I don''t hang out much around the other forums now and only saw your post. I''m sorry to hear about you mom but am relieved that there has been improvement enough for her to be discharged. Your family is in my thoughts and I hope the positive trend continues.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Deb, You know as one of the "originals" I have such a soft spot for you for all these years of my neglect of this site... You are always so warm and caring of others, and i can see that in your posts about your mom. I will have her and your family in my thoughts. it is truly difficult to go through, and to some extent I feel like my family is going through it with my own grandmother (who was like my mother).

But what I can say to you is, one never knows what we are given. At 82 my grandmother recovered from a broken hip and walked until her recent stroke at 95. If you have the will, you will have the power, but the body only can do so much. I wish your mother the will to get better, and the strength of body to stay that way. I hope you take care of yourself and treasure every moment of your own life, and every memory with her. They are so precious...

All my most positive thoughts and best wishes to your mother, you and your family. She has the strength to get better, and with what you report, she''s tougher than you may think! ;-)

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey Deb,

I''m sorry that I didn''t see this earlier. C-difficile is very common in Quebec hospitals. We have an awful epidemic which takes many lives, so we are pretty used to dealing with it. I am sure you''ve done a lot of research on it, but I''m adding a little bit of stuff (I''m in my geriatrics rotation right now). Obviously antibiotics right before getting C diff is the norm. In Quebec, we shy away from proton pump inhibitors (pantaloc) when we give a patient antibiotics. That''s been our practice having had an epidemic for many years.

Also, recurrances are pretty common, so if she were to have sympotms (even if you have the slightest doubt) get her to the hospital. Also, many of our geriatric patients have a delirium following c difficile, due to dehydration from the diarrhea or electrolyte imbalances, or multifactorial due to combination of lack of sensory stimulation etc., and they do ACT as though they are demented.

We usually suggest for delirium to have quiet time, pictures from the house, clocks and calanders to help orient the patients. Delirium usually comes on very rapidly, and desorientation comes quickly too, and although very worrisome, it has the advantage of being reversible in many cases (where else dementia usually does not).

I am very happy to hear that she is doing being, and going to readaptation. Take care of yourself and keep us updated!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb, I have been thinking about you and your dear mom. I have you and your sweet mom in my prayers.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh, I just caught this thread and I'm so sorry that you're having to go through this, and for her as well. My own mother is struggling against C diff at the moment, it's been over 3 months since she's been diagnosed with several different antibiotics. It doesn't help matters at all that she also is having to undergo chemo, so as you can imagine, it's a never ending cycle for her. Luckily she's 63...

My thoughts are with you both.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the past few days all of you have posted kind and encouraging words for which I want to thank you. I appreciate your taking the time to post, diamondfan; jas; Sparkalicious; dragonfly411; ladypirate; SuzyQZ; Storm; Matata; Lisa; ucdcows, Nan, Al, Ellen; and Perry. I value the medical information that some of you posted (e.g. Sparkalicious and ucdcows) and the advice and empathy that all of you have offered. I am about to turn to page three of the thread. I cannot believe how much kindness you all have packed into the two pages to which I have thus far responded !

Thank you!

Deb
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results