shape
carat
color
clarity

My Mom''s WF Pendant Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
And guess who''s wearing it?
9.gif

When I decided to get my mom a pendant for her birthday, I knew whiteflash was the way to go. I originally planned to get her a RStG pendant, but ultimately decided to go down to I color and SI2 clarity in order to get more spread. I''m so glad I did! I''ve always considered myself color sensitive, but I swear I don''t see any warmth in the stone--I really think the bezel set helps since you can''t see anything from the side. Also, I couldn''t find the inclusions with my loupe. Katie assured me it was eye clean, but I thought I''d easily find something with a loupe (I have a 10x AND 20x). I don''t know how y''all with round brilliants find anything in there. In my step cut, I can quicly find my inclusion with a loupe and it''s a VS2, but when I try to find any inclusions in this stone, all I get is an eye full of fire!

Anyway, here is the diamond that I decided on (thanks to Katie!)

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-737782.htm

The specs are:
0.45 ct I SI2 Round Ideal Cut
Item Code: AGS-7415707
. Report: AGS
. Shape: Round Ideal Cut
. Carat: 0.450
. Depth %: 61.2
. Table %: 54.2
. Crown Angle: 34.9
. Crown %: 16
. Star : 50
. Pavilion Angle: 40.7
. Pavilion %: 42.9
. Lower Girdle %: 77
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 4.95-4.99X3.04
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Excellent
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

I really wanted an ACA stone, but it was out of my budget and this one was from their expert selection line. I love it. And even more importantly, I think my diamond-deprived mom will as well! I think I might need to get its twin for MY birthday!

momspendant222.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I ran into the bathroom quickly to get a neck shot. Sorry for the bad lighting! By the way, taking a picture of your own neck is difficult!

momspendant111.jpg

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
what a great gift... it''s soooooo pretty....you''re a great daughter!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty!!!! Your mom is going to LOVE it!!!
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
NEL--it''s gorgeous! She''s going to love it! What a sweet daughter you are.
1.gif

That size is perfect on you by the way--I think you DO need a twin!

I want the triplet
31.gif

First you inspire me with that gorgeous sapphire band--and now this! Oh, how I crave!
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a sweet daughter you are, your Mom will be thrilled!!
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
NEL, I was totally eyeing that diamond and then decided to buy it and it said sold that afternoon. hehe I am glad it went to your dear mom! It is beautiful and I couldn't believe it was an SI2!!! Your mom will love it and what a wonderful gift from sweet you
face23.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
New England Lady - It''s perfect ... Your mom will love it! How thoughtful.
12.gif

Enjoy it while you can still wear it.
9.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, Skippy! AGH! I''m so sorry! When Katie showed me the stone I thought it was perfect and the price was less than I had budgeted! I swear to goodness that if I''d known you were even considering it, I would have passed on it in an instant. You are honestly one of the sweetest women EVER. I''m sorry!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2008 10:55:39 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
Oh my gosh, Skippy! AGH! I'm so sorry! When Katie showed me the stone I thought it was perfect and the price was less than I had budgeted! I swear to goodness that if I'd known you were even considering it, I would have passed on it in an instant. You are honestly one of the sweetest women EVER. I'm sorry!!
Oh my goodness, I am so so sorry. I shouldn't have said anything but I thought it was funny to find out who bought it and it made me happy you bought it for your dearest mom. I HONESTLY am so happy it went to a wonderful home.
12.gif
It actually made me smile big
9.gif
and thought it was the sweetest thing you gave it to your dear mom as mom's are so special!!!!
face23.gif
I agree w/the others you need a matching one. hehe

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is great! She will love it. Now is that their *standard* bezel? I think you DO need a matching one
2.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! What a gorgeous stone. Great price! The pendant is beautiful and looks quite large. I''m glad you are happy with the I SI2. When you find a nice one you realize how good that color and clarity can be especially in a pendant. You''ve done such a good job on your mother''s I think you deserve one, too!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, this is the standard bezel. After seeing CWJ''s shaved down bezel, I thought I''d want something thinner, but IRL it looks really nice, not bulky at all. What I do like about it is that the chain slides through the bezel, so there aren''t any mickey-mouse-ears on the bezel.

Skippy, I''m definitely going to tell my mom about this, haha. I promise you that your diamond sacrifice won''t go unappreciated, my mom will love it. I promise that when I do buy the "twin" necklace, I will post the stone first in case we''re eyeing the same one :)

lotsofsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Awwwww, I think that is so sweet you got that pendant for your mom!
36.gif
It looks great on you, the length, the size, just perfect!
30.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I wish I knew about the chain sliding through the pendant. I definitely would have gone for that but I didn''t see it as an option only the big ears and the small ears. My daughter''s moves around a few inches to the left or right. It would stay put if it was like yours. Good choice!

PrettyBlues

Shiny_Rock
What a nice present for your mom! It''s gorgeous
30.gif

And you definitely need a matching one for yourself
31.gif

cwj

Shiny_Rock
NEL,
Your pendant turned out great!! I love it and your mom is so lucky!! I really like the way the bezel turned out. I think u should wear it a week or so to make sure there is nothing wrong w/it, u know just incase...
31.gif
" I personally would like for you to test wear it so u can let us know how well it stays in place since the chain slides through the bezel. I have noticed that mine flips a little, now and then, but it does seem to stay in place (centered).

You did wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!
cwj

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful! Your mom will love it. You are a very sweet daughter.

Wow, the price on that diamond is great. I am going to have to start watching for 2 of them like that. I want some dangle diamond earrings and think that would be a perfect size.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely gift!!

cheers--Sharon

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, ladies, you''re all so sweet! CWJ, I wore the pendant for a bit last night just to make sure it wouldn''t flip too much. It seems to be weighted well because it didn''t flip, but what I did notice is that because the chain goes through the bezel, the clasp slowly starts travelling down my neck. I think Mom will have to readjust the clasp every so often.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2008 11:21:30 AM
Author: NewEnglandLady
Thank you, ladies, you''re all so sweet! CWJ, I wore the pendant for a bit last night just to make sure it wouldn''t flip too much. It seems to be weighted well because it didn''t flip, but what I did notice is that because the chain goes through the bezel, the clasp slowly starts travelling down my neck. I think Mom will have to readjust the clasp every so often.
>>

LOL! NEL, you road tested it for quality control purposes!! Okey dokey, we''ll go with that!
emwink.gif

Seriously, it''s really pretty and I know your Mom is going to love it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results