shape
carat
color
clarity

My Mom''s Eternity Wedding Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
My mom has this beautiful wedding band that I''ve been wanting to post here but I never had pictures until I visited her a couple of days ago. I only wish I''d thought to bring some ring cleaner with me because it was pretty dirty and normally just sparkles like crazy. BUT, my mom has horses and spends a lot of time outside or in the barn so dirty rings are inevitable...

Anyhow, it''s a marquise & baguette etternity band that my stepdad had custom made for her in Houston (Houston Jewelers I think?) about 23 years ago. Before they were married, they had decided on simple gold bands for each of them (they had both been married several times before and were keeping it low key). But, at a cocktail party one night a few months prior to their wedding, my mom admires the ring of another lady at the party and mentions it to my soon-to-be stepfather. She tells him she thinks it''s beautiful, but ''simple'', and he kinda laughs and says "you think that''s simple???". Anyhow... fast forward to the wedding, and when it is time to exchange rings, instead of a simple gold band, he pulls out the ring that she had admired on the lady at the cocktail party!! My stepdad had pullled the lady aside later that night and gotten the name of the jeweler that had made the ring and then surprised my mom with it at their wedding!!

I don''t really have any specifics other than that - I know that the jeweler in Houston made 4 of these rings and then passed away - but I''ve seen a few similar non-eternity variations. And, while it looks kind a dated, and marquise diamonds are not really my style, I''ve admired this ring on my mother for 23 years now and it still looks so beautiful on her hand. It does not look as good on my fingers since she wears a size 4 ring and I wear a 5.5!! She was working on the "manure spreader" while I was taking these pictures (oh, what a glamorous life she leads!!) so I didn''t get any hand pictures of her.

Okay, now for the pictures!!

47b5d911b3127cce934b7650df8900000016108Act2bVm3ct4

47b5d911b3127cce934b76375ede00000016108Act2bVm3ct4

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It''s a beauty all right! Love fancy cuts
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
47b5d911b3127cce934b76acdf7500000016108Act2bVm3ct4

47b5d911b3127cce934b771d1e6c00000016108Act2bVm3ct4

And of course I couldn''t resist getting a shot of my ring with her ring...
2.gif

47b5d911b3127cce934b7644df9d00000016108Act2bVm3ct4

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful eternity band that is Teebee and we always love seeing extra pics of your beautiful ering. Thanks for sharing it with us!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
47b5d911b3127cce934b76df5e3600000016108Act2bVm3ct4

Good grief, I just caught my spelling mistakes in the first post... sorry!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very unique and pretty ring; the story behind it is heartwarming as well. Thanks for sharing!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a stunning and unique band and such a nice story to go with it! Thanks for sharing.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a fabulous, absolutely unique band. I''ve neve seen anything like it. Very interesting with the stacked baguettes interspersed between the MQ stones...and tapered...just SO interesting! I really like it!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
OMG-I so Love MQs-that is a GREAT ring!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
I know where you got your taste in jewelry from Teebee - that ring is spectacular!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
teebee, 23 years later and that ring still looks magnificent!
30.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all of the lovely compliments!! I wish I had pictures of the ring CLEAN and on my mom''s tiny fingers - it just looks like it belongs there!! Anyhow, she will be so flattered to hear all of your comments and that you enjoyed her ring. Owning a horse farm does not provide her with many opportunities to show off her bling so I think she was touched & excited that I was showing it off for her!
28.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like how it seems each marquis and baguette is different, aka the whole thing is not symmetrical, it looks really cool that way.

I know what you mean about it looking like it belongs on her hand, my mom has a graduated 5 stone wedding ring which just looks perfect on her hand, it''s got small stones, maybe a total of 1ctw but she also has smaller hands, aka her ring finger is probably about a 4 while mine is a 6. It''s all she wears on her hands. So on her it looks huge and sparkly and she gets TONS of compliments on it even though it''s so simple, but when I put it on (I can only get it on my pinky), it looks so out of place and dainty and makes my hands look huge. So I totally know what you mean about it looking right on her but not on you!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/1/2005 10:57:35 AM
Author: Mara
I like how it seems each marquis and baguette is different, aka the whole thing is not symmetrical, it looks really cool that way.

I know what you mean about it looking like it belongs on her hand, my mom has a graduated 5 stone wedding ring which just looks perfect on her hand, it''s got small stones, maybe a total of 1ctw but she also has smaller hands, aka her ring finger is probably about a 4 while mine is a 6. It''s all she wears on her hands. So on her it looks huge and sparkly and she gets TONS of compliments on it even though it''s so simple, but when I put it on (I can only get it on my pinky), it looks so out of place and dainty and makes my hands look huge. So I totally know what you mean about it looking right on her but not on you!
You''re right Mara - it''s not symmetrical - the largest MQ & baguettes sit in the middle of the front of the ring and then the ring tapers down to the back of the ring so all of the stones are a different size than the stones on either side. I think I see some areas where the baguettes have slightly different angles ~ I figure that''s a reflection of how it was truly handmade & has a little character. I wish I knew the ctw, I''m such a bad judge on that for fancy shapes - my best guess is that the largest MQ is 1c? I''ll have to see if my stepdad remembers...

My mom doesn''t wear any other jewelry either & with her tiny little hands, it''s just amazingly sparkly and perfect on her fingers. It looks awful on me because it''s so damn wide - I can only wear it on my pinky too & it makes my finger look like a sausage...
14.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I love it!! It is so unique!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
it looks so pretty... beautiful ring!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet adn thoughtful wedding present!
30.gif

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
That is one of the prettiest rings I have ever seen!
How awesome is your stepdad for surprising her like that. :)
Thank you for getting a pic of the ring, can''t wait for a handshot.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
W
30.gif
W!!!!!!

What a gorgeous, unique ring! I''ve never seen one remotely like it! It''s such an interesting mix of shapes & cuts and I like how the band is still eternity-styled, but tapers in width in the back. It''s really quite stunning--I''m sure it looks gorgeous on your mom''s hand!

And what a sweet dad you have. That''s pretty amazing that he tracked down the jeweler & replicated the band your mom admired. I''m sure that was one heck of a wedding day surprise!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results