shape
carat
color
clarity

My Mommom''s E-Diamond Reset!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone. OK... the story. My grandmother gave me her wedding set a few years ago (I think trying to get my then boyfriend of 9 years to propose sooner!). However she wore the platinum setting for over 50+ years and it was horribly worn. The diamond could fall out, many of the bridges were broken so on. I was thinking or having someone recreate the setting, but she told me to get something that was a blend of her and I. So my mission was set.

Well, it took me a while to save and even longer to find a setting that fit my criteria. But I just picked it up on V-day, brought it to show her yesterday - and she LOVES it! Just thought I would share with you.

If anyone recognizes anything about it, please share. I know nothing besides that it was bought in the 1930s, is .33 ct. The jeweler said it was a rose cut, but after researching on here I believe he is wrong. He also told me he thought the stone was 100+ years old, but who knows. I know it is a warmer color, b/c up against my E color marquise it looks the candlelight. Does anyone have a guess on the color of the stone.

OK... enjoy!! :-)

MMring01.jpg

30.gif

MMring04.jpg

I wouldn''t want to hazard a guess on the colour of the diamond although there is some distinct warmth, it is a gorgeous ring!!

It is a little warm, but gorgeous none the less...
36.gif

oooooh, the jeweler did say there was some chipping on the side... now I can see in those close up shots!!

Thank you! i dont mind the warmth, of course, it looks like candlelight. I''m happy. :-)

Any ideas on the cut? I know its hard to see.........

That''s beautiful, I love it.

What a neat setting! I am definitely growing an affinity for antique cut stones! The fire is amazing from those stones.

Glad to hear she loved it as much as you do!

Hi rhbgirl24, I see you have asked a few times what some might think the cut of the stone is. I don''t think it looks like a rose cut at all, to me the stone might look as if it would be an old mine cut or some type of maybe an early transition cut. I hope someone might know for a fact, because it really is a grogeous stone! The color is fantastic.
1.gif

It''s very pretty! So, is this an entirely new setting? Do you have pics of the old setting too? I''d love to see a pic!

Thank you! I KNOW it isn''t a rose cut! But Im not versed in cuts to know which vintage cut it is! Thanks for all the info everyone!

I do have a pic of the original setting, in the box he proposed with! She told me it was called a "forget me not bow" when they bought it. One day I will have this recreated :-)

BitterOriginMM.jpg

I love it, it''s gorgeous
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP