shape
carat
color
clarity

My moissanite from China

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I already had a very nice moissanite from a well known vendor, but to tell the truth, I was looking for a cheaper solution. I was browsing IG for moissanits, and I came across a few chinese sellers. Their prices are really competitive, and the pictures seemed nice. So I just bit the bullett, and I have ordered a 7 mm OEC, what I would like to set as a bezel pendant, to replace my lost pendant.

My order came today, and I'm quite satisfied with the stone. I may order a few more, to have fun with them. :)

IMG_6317.JPG IMG_6315.JPG IMG_6314.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6316.JPG
    IMG_6316.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 118

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SWEET! :appl:That would make a lovely pendant with nice presence!

I have an OEC moissy ring I bought preloved awhile back, and the bezeled stone has a great cut, so I’ve thought about converting it to a pendant as well. My personal bling philosophy is if I don’t/can’t see it while I’m wearing it, I don’t feel right spending a ton of money on it (which mostly includes my pendants and earrings) because then I feel like I’m spending the money for others to enjoy it vs. myself. :doh:

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
SWEET! :appl:That would make a lovely pendant with nice presence!

I have an OEC moissy ring I bought preloved awhile back, and the bezeled stone has a great cut, so I’ve thought about converting it to a pendant as well. My personal bling philosophy is if I don’t/can’t see it while I’m wearing it, I don’t feel right spending a ton of money on it (which mostly includes my pendants and earrings) because then I feel like I’m spending the money for others to enjoy it vs. myself. :doh:

Basically I just wanted to test it out, and see, if I can get a decent quality moissanite directly from China too.
On the other hand I wanted to replace my pendant in the cheapest way, as I really don't have the funds now for an other 1 carat diamond.
Now I really hope to find a nice setting, and then enjoy my new pendant! :)

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That’s such a pretty gem, would you mind sharing the vendor? I’m thinking of a pair of moissy studs and I didn’t want to spend too much .

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That’s such a pretty gem, would you mind sharing the vendor? I’m thinking of a pair of moissy studs and I didn’t want to spend too much .

The vendor is Tianyu Gems, and I have bought on the platform Alibaba. The Sales Assistant was Vanessa. She was really nice, and replied quickly. The shipping was also fast, only 5 days to Europe.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The vendor is Tianyu Gems, and I have bought on the platform Alibaba. The Sales Assistant was Vanessa. She was really nice, and replied quickly. The shipping was also fast, only 5 days to Europe.

Thanks so much, off to have a look, I’ve never purchased off Alibaba before. That’s super fast shipping too!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I have been talking to someone at Tainyu Gems as well over the last week. Did you just order directly off of Alibaba or did they set up a listing specifically for you? I see that a lot of their listings are for C&C stones. I was curious if your picture is off a C&C stone or did you request a stone cut just for you. Thanks!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have been talking to someone at Tainyu Gems as well over the last week. Did you just order directly off of Alibaba or did they set up a listing specifically for you? I see that a lot of their listings are for C&C stones. I was curious if your picture is off a C&C stone or did you request a stone cut just for you. Thanks!

I was corresponding with Vanessa. She can also communicate on WhatsApp. I just ordered a GH color 7 mm OEC, not a C&C stone, so my picture is from their usual quality. It was also not a custom cut, it was their normal cut. I hope, I could help you!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, thank you. I would love to see some pictures when you get it. Can I ask if you used PayPal for a secure payment? I was just going to order two loose stones and get my own setting but I figured I would ask them how much it would cost to do something like the Meghan 3 stone ring that a lot of people are copying. It would cost around $3000 US but they are quoting $600. I figured it was worth a shot at that price just for an alternate ring. I still want to get one of these OMC and a radiant but I want to see what they do with the first order to make sure they are quality stones & workmanship. I will post some pics when I get them plus costs.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, thank you. I would love to see some pictures when you get it. Can I ask if you used PayPal for a secure payment? I was just going to order two loose stones and get my own setting but I figured I would ask them how much it would cost to do something like the Meghan 3 stone ring that a lot of people are copying. It would cost around $3000 US but they are quoting $600. I figured it was worth a shot at that price just for an alternate ring. I still want to get one of these OMC and a radiant but I want to see what they do with the first order to make sure they are quality stones & workmanship. I will post some pics when I get them plus costs.

The pictures in this thread are already taken by me!
I have paid by PayPal, and the transaction was really smooth. I’m sure, you are going to be satisfied with this vendor.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wanted to update this thread, as I managed to set the moissanite in a pendant.

Here are the pictures:
07C41F22-5A00-4E13-B272-B05A7FD9E918.jpeg B0F663D8-2932-4EC6-89D6-61435C6CB387.jpeg 5C756316-F44B-4C68-B93A-482B06FD6913.jpeg

I’m really satisfied with the outcome, and altogether it came under 400 USD.

It’s really sparkly in the sun, and I’m sure, it’s going to be an everyday piece for me.

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
dkata, It is a beautiful pendant!
May i ask if the pendant is made by your local jewelry? And where in Europe you are located?

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Roi I’m located in Austria, but the pendant was made in Dubai at a jeweler, who I frequent. Unfortunately I haven’t found here a jeweler, who makes a good job for an acceptable price.

Are you also located in Europe?

Reactions: Roi

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DC3AED17-F77D-47A6-A41C-D806E22101DF.jpeg
And maybe someone would request it, so an obligatory neckshot.

The stone is 7 mm, and it’s just the perfect size for me for a pendant in bezel setting.

Attachments

• 237DE689-7E79-4C2F-B74B-1C6C32901D4C.jpeg
    237DE689-7E79-4C2F-B74B-1C6C32901D4C.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 52

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just love that! I think I need one! Beautiful presence and it looks fab on you! Enjoy!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful, @dkata ! :appl:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks really great - it’s the ideal every day size

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful on you! Nice and bright and sparkly. :cool2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that is just beautiful!! :love:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to get an inexpensive set of hoop earrings— I may try this company.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would love to get an inexpensive set of hoop earrings— I may try this company.

I'm absolutely satisfied with my moissanite, and I can just encourage you to try this company. They were easy to deal with,
their prices are incredible a
nd the shipment was really quick.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Your pendant turned out amazing! So happy that you’re thrilled with it! :appl:

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Roi I’m located in Austria, but the pendant was made in Dubai at a jeweler, who I frequent. Unfortunately I haven’t found here a jeweler, who makes a good job for an acceptable price.

Are you also located in Europe?

Hi Dkata!
Apologies for not answering sooner!
I'm located up North, Northern Finland :))) I have not found a jeweler for me around here as well :) I'm sure there are great ones somewhere around, hopefully EU PS members will speak out :) and let us know :pray:

Aino

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi Dkata!
Apologies for not answering sooner!
I'm located up North, Northern Finland :))) I have not found a jeweler for me around here as well :) I'm sure there are great ones somewhere around, hopefully EU PS members will speak out :) and let us know :pray:

Moi @Roi , a fellow Finn here! I have used one local jeweler in southern Finland in the past. But the last time was years ago. I can try get you the details if you want :))

Reactions: Roi

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Moi @Roi , a fellow Finn here! I have used one local jeweler in southern Finland in the past. But the last time was years ago. I can try get you the details if you want :))
Moi Aino! :wavey:
Thank you, i would appreciate the info on the jeweler! What kind of jewelry he crafted for you?

Aino

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It was a white gold cross with a small diamond. I have also thought to use the same guy or another jeweler in the same city to set a small OEC that I got recently. The city - Lahti - has got a big design school so there are some decent jewelers. I’ll get you the name of the we have used. My mum should remember the name as she’s a Lahti local and always goes to him for repairs/plating etc :)) where in Finland do you reside?

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I, too, decided to take a chance on a moissanite from China and I love it. It’s an 8mm OEC. The vendor was Starsgem8 on eBay.
41712BCC-C3A0-4351-AD4C-A266DB8726F6.jpeg C8A10DED-412A-45A6-832E-9879F9A3FB5B.jpeg 4335AF2F-7D23-4002-93A8-0646E41B2FCF.jpeg

A very nice moissy!! How are you going to set it?

_dracarys_

Shiny_Rock
A very nice moissy!! How are you going to set it?

Thank you! I love it and I love that it didn't cost a fortune, as that's the biggest thing that was keeping me from buying one. I have a generic 6 prong solitaire setting it's going into for now. I can't decide what I want for my long term setting.

_dracarys_

Shiny_Rock
Got it set and I totally love it. This is my original engagement ring setting, but I hope to get a vintage inspired setting one day: 405A864D-14EA-474C-B4C0-EAAA1CAB4F69.jpeg AD16D2DC-F8E1-421F-BFEB-520F06768955.jpeg l
F324560D-4E04-4969-936B-5F75650E49A1.jpeg D3AE20ED-A70B-4ACC-8C95-C3F0BF888E64.jpeg 76CB9A2E-C3FA-4D3F-868F-E82B63A01A1E.jpeg
(I was parked in the car pic)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results