shape
carat
color
clarity

my mark morrell engagement ring has arrived...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Philbert

Rough_Rock
here is one picture mark sent of the ring
eek.gif
. it's waiting for me in the receiving room, so i will see it tonight. now, just have to figure out when/how to "utilize" it...
10.gif

the diamond is a european cut/transition cut that dates to my great-grandmother in 1920
1.gif

-phil

Phil Janoff-006s.jpg

Philbert

Rough_Rock
here's another. the engraving is hebrew for, roughly, 'soulmate'

Phil Janoff-005s.jpg

Philbert

Rough_Rock
one more angle.

Phil Janoff-002s.jpg

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
Wow. That is a really beautiful ring & an eye-popping diamond. I love the cut. It reminds me of a snowflake.
1.gif

Amazing. Congratulations.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful Phil, Congrats and Best wishes!

win

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
So very beautiful. And what a lovely sentiment. Best wishes to you and your soon-to-be.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring/stone and wonderful sentiment! You must be sooo excited to see it. By the way, what are the specs of the stone sizewise?
10.gif

guslik

Shiny_Rock
Very gorgeous!! I love the stone as well the setting! How big this stone is?
1.gif

Mexi

Shiny_Rock
It is beautiful. I love his work
appl.gif

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Mark's designs are so graceful and striking- and the diamond is really stunning.

MAZEL TOV !

guslik

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 11/21/2003 5:29:43 PM Philbert wrote:

here's another. the engraving is hebrew for, roughly, 'soulmate'----------------

Mazal Tov!
are you sure the engraving means "soulmate"?
2.gif
9.gif

Philbert

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 11/21/2003 6:41:31 PM caratgirl wrote:

Beautiful ring/stone and wonderful sentiment! You must be sooo excited to see it. By the way, what are the specs of the stone sizewise?
10.gif
----------------

the stone weighs .85ct, and measures 6.22-6.16 x 3.64. depth: 58.8%, table: 54.9%

color is I and clarity is SI2 (there was a small chip in the girdle that was successfully "hidden" under a prong).

my grandmother's insurance policy had it listed as G-H color, but I had it graded and appraised by Richard Drucker of 'The Jewelry Judge' prior to sending it to Mark.

Philbert

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 11/21/2003 11:47:26 PM guslik wrote:

----------------

On 11/21/2003 5:29:43 PM Philbert wrote:

here's another. the engraving is hebrew for, roughly, 'soulmate'----------------

Mazal Tov!

are you sure the engraving means 'soulmate'?
2.gif
9.gif
----------------

the engraving is Bet Shin Resh Tav, or 'besheret.' the translation is "that which was meant to be," but is commonly used in the context of "one's intended" or soulmate.

i'm not very religious, but given the circumstances of our meeting, how immediately comfortable we were with each other, and how quickly we knew we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together, it felt appropriate.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
I am truly stunned by its beauty. Just splendid.
appl.gif
Those heart prongs are just to die for.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Phil...the ring is beautiful, I love MM's rings...so classy and I love the old Euro type cut...lots of character. Congrats on a great ring!
1.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Phil, ery unique Ring...I really like the smooth polish on MM pieces....Congrats...

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
I love your MM ring with the heart prongs. But I'm very biased as I have one too!! The European cut stone is very beautiful and very white. I had considered an old stone, but there very hard to find. It's great that you had one in the family. It means so much that way -- and your idea for engraving is just beautiful. She's going to love it. I have a ? Is the table square? I think it looks so unique. Do you have any ideas for a band yet? I posted a link to my rind below so you can see it with a round brilliant. Isn't Mark amazing??? Congratulations to you and happy proposing!!!

https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/view.asptopicID=10518&sessionID=2DD339CBC7C247DD849FDD2ECF932496

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Very unique and very beautiful!! As always, I'd love to see a pic of it on her finger after you propose.
1.gif

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
Very beautiful ring and different (and meaningful)stone. I love the idea of besheret as your engraving. That a great improvement over the dodi li v'li dodi that is so typical to jewish wedding/engagement rings. And the meaning transcends the engagement - you will find that, once you are married, even more things in your lives are recognized as besheret.

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
I love MWM designs. Those heart prongs are awesome!!!!!

Philbert

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 11/22/2003 10:11:09 AM antiquediamond wrote:

I love your MM ring with the heart prongs. But I'm very biased as I have one too!! The European cut stone is very beautiful and very white. I had considered an old stone, but there very hard to find. It's great that you had one in the family. It means so much that way -- and your idea for engraving is just beautiful. She's going to love it. I have a ? Is the table square? I think it looks so unique. Do you have any ideas for a band yet? I posted a link to my rind below so you can see it with a round brilliant. Isn't Mark amazing??? Congratulations to you and happy proposing!!!

https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/view.asptopicID=10518&sessionID=2DD339CBC7C247DD849FDD2ECF932496----------------

the link to your post didn't work for me?

the table is actually octogon shaped. is that typical of new stones, or just older cuts?

mark is just the best. extremely easy to work with, with unsurpassed attention to detail. i'm not sure about a band yet. shari doesn't want one that has a slight curve to lie flush with the ring because it won't look right alone (at least in her mind). she also doesn't want any stones in the band. so probably just a plain platinum band. though maybe we can come up with something a little more "special."

-phil

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
I love the large arrows !!!
Gorgeous ring !

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring and I love the stone!

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/i-want-to-post-a-pix-of-my-mm-ring-t10518.html

Hi there...I think I tried to put it all on one line. If this link doesn't work, it's actually in the rocky talky section, about three pgs. in titled "I want to post a picture of my MM ring." Just to let you know, we are getting the matching wedding ring w/ the loop in it so the 2 fit perfectly together. I too was concerned about wearing it alone, but Mark designed it so you can spin it around and it looks like a regular ring. I like plain; it makes the beautiful setting stand out even more. Besides, I hope to get a diamond anniversary band one day! So, did you give it to her already, do tell us the story and post pix of the ring on her hand.

Philbert

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 11/25/2003 4:18:29 PM antiquediamond wrote:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-want-to-post-a-pix-of-my-mm-ring.10518/

Hi there...I think I tried to put it all on one line. If this link doesn't work, it's actually in the rocky talky section, about three pgs. in titled 'I want to post a picture of my MM ring.' Just to let you know, we are getting the matching wedding ring w/ the loop in it so the 2 fit perfectly together. I too was concerned about wearing it alone, but Mark designed it so you can spin it around and it looks like a regular ring. I like plain; it makes the beautiful setting stand out even more. Besides, I hope to get a diamond anniversary band one day! So, did you give it to her already, do tell us the story and post pix of the ring on her hand.----------------

that link worked. looks like we have similar taste in rings...

does the shank of your ring rise up to crown the same as mine?

i went to the cooper jewelers site and saw the picture of the heartthrob ring with the matching band, but they don't zoom to larger images, and i can't tell what is above the stone in that pic.
link to cooper jeweler designers page

i mentioned the possibility of turning the band around when worn alone, but shari's not convinced. we'll see.

i plan on proposing this saturday, while on vacation in boston, spending thanksgiving with married friends of mine since elementary school (we live in chicago...)

will post pictures...

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
From what I can tell, the designs of our settings are almost identical. The ones on the Coopers site are my ring and band! I had never considered a plain band, but when we first looked there I tried them on together and that's what sealed the deal for us on the ring. I absolutely loved them together. I really just can't see having something compete w/ the setting, because it's just perfect the way it is. I've tried on eternity bands, bands w/ 5 diamonds, nothing has looked as good as the one that was made for it does. I'd like to know if you find something though. Keep in touch, and of course, have an amazing weekend!! She will be absolutely thrilled!!!

Jolie

Rough_Rock
I just had to chime in and say that is the single most beautifully set ring I have ever seen. I am a big fan of the traditional six-prong style, and your ring does an amazing job of highlighting the stone while still presenting the setting itself as a work of art. The prongs look beautiful and substantial at the same time - not common or flimsy. The entire ring seems to have a smooth flow. And the soliatire setting leads the eye directly to the stone without distraction. The type of setting that will never go out of style.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, that's a gorgeous ring. . .and the diamond *does* look like a snowflake. Very cool and very beautiful
1.gif

Michelle

Philbert

Rough_Rock
UPDATE!! We're engaged!! I will post the story when I have more time, but for now, here are a few pictures:

the proposal on the ice:

IMG_2233-vi.jpg

the happy couple just after:

IMG_2235-vi.jpg

another shot, not quite as flash-burned:

IMG_2236-vi.jpg

after dinner at bonfire:

CIMG0290-vi.jpg

and here are a couple of the ring on her finger:

CIMG0323-1-vi.jpg

CIMG0324-1-vi.jpg

guslik

Shiny_Rock
MAZAL TOV!
I want to hear the story!!! Once again, Great ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results