shape
carat
color
clarity

My Malaya garnet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been a bad girl. In addition to the sapphire I just bought, I also bought a Malaya garnet from Gene at precsiongem. This is what the had to say about it:

"The stone weighs 2.27 ct and measures 7.63 mm. The cut on this is called a French Button, which works very well for ganets and allows you to tilt the stone to any angle with out a window. I have the stone grade on my system as: Color 5, Clarity 5 (loop clean)"

myMalayaGarnet.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!

I think it''s Malaya Garnet night on Pricescope!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, that is a super cool cut!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
How neat of a cut is that!?! I love it! That color reminds me of a really yummy red wine. Thanks for sharing!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Another Malaya! Yes it does seem to be malaya night around here. What a pretty stone ! Can''t wait to see your photos.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that is a beautiful stone, too!
30.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 10:18:26 PM
Author:Cind11
I''ve been a bad girl. In addition to the sapphire I just bought, I also bought a Malaya garnet from Gene at precsiongem. This is what the had to say about it:

''The stone weighs 2.27 ct and measures 7.63 mm. The cut on this is called a French Button, which works very well for ganets and allows you to tilt the stone to any angle with out a window. I have the stone grade on my system as: Color 5, Clarity 5 (loop clean)''
And another one, lovely stone, cute as a button!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you SDL, TL, Skippy, Clairtek, innerkitten, DS and Gailey. I have no idea how to set this stone. Seems like people think Malaya''s look best in white or rose gold? I don''t think I want any sidestones. No halo either since my engagement ring is a halo. I''m willing to take any ideas you colored stone lovers can provide!
36.gif

secondhandnews

Shiny_Rock
Really pretty and such an interesting cut! Love the color! I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
WowWowWow - what a beautiful stone, I love the color and that cut is just amazing - I haven''t seen it before and it is great! Gorgeous malaya
36.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I definitely think this one should be a solitaire in WG, to show off the cut. Besides, it''s not a small stone so it can stand on it''s own. Rose wouldn''t do much for the cut, and I think white will make the stone center of attention.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2009 5:44:17 AM
Author: ma re
I definitely think this one should be a solitaire in WG, to show off the cut. Besides, it''s not a small stone so it can stand on it''s own. Rose wouldn''t do much for the cut, and I think white will make the stone center of attention.
Mr. Ma Rae,
I would normally tend to agree with you, but in the case of these malayas, they tend to go more peachy in white metal, so that has to be taken into consideration. If you like white gold and peachy colored stones, than that would be ideal. However, if you prefer to bring out the pink in the stone, then rose gold is probably best (I''ll see for myself when I get my rose gold setting for my malaya). I would also suggest something of a simple setting or head then. I also prefer padparadschas in rose gold, but that''s me.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
That is just the neatest cut! Lovely!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 8:42:18 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 3/12/2009 5:44:17 AM
Author: ma re
Mr. Ma Rae,
I would normally tend to agree with you, but in the case of these malayas, they tend to go more peachy in white metal, so that has to be taken into consideration. If you like white gold and peachy colored stones, than that would be ideal. However, if you prefer to bring out the pink in the stone, then rose gold is probably best (I''ll see for myself when I get my rose gold setting for my malaya). I would also suggest something of a simple setting or head then. I also prefer padparadschas in rose gold, but that''s me.
Gene cut this stone for me and I told him I wanted a piece of the rough that was more toward pink. So, maybe I should set it in white gold so that it will also show the peach.

What about the Whiteflash Legato? It says it''s for round and square shaped stones.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
The legato is a lovely choice, the swoopy bits in the head will complement the lines of the stone.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks secondhandnews, babysteps, mercoledi, mr. ma re, amd TourmalineLover. I really like the cut because it seems "different".

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh I love the color! lovely stone!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh... it''s lovely! I think the Legato setting would be very nice!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I received the stone today. I''m very pleased with it! Pictures later I hope!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Yay!! Pictrues!!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Looking forward to pics.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I love everything about this stone! Beautiful! Looking forward to more pics!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Here we go...

P3140705.JPG

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Another...

P3140706.JPG

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to take more. These pictures don''t show how pretty the stone is!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
It''s pretty!

I know I told you before, but I love your kitty! I use to have a seal point and her name was Mai-Lyn. She was absolutely my sweetheart. Siamese cats are my favorite breed.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful,
Can''t wait to see more pics!! I wish I had a cushion Malaya!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 8:49:48 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Beautiful,
Can''t wait to see more pics!! I wish I had a cushion Malaya!!

8x8??
31.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results