shape
carat
color
clarity

My Low Color Super-Find at GOG!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Everyone! Some of you may remmeber that I was looking for a low-color antique cut some time back to wear as an alternative to my 2ct sq emerald. While doing so, I stumbled across a RB at GOG that I could not get off my mind. The stone is an M, 2.55 SI2 (eyeclean to me!), approx 8.7 x 8.7 and also a non-ideal "hand selected". I called and spoke to Charles who looked at the stone and told me that it was very brilliant and lively and scored terrifically on the Brilliantscope. I tried to forget this stone as it broke a lot of "rules", but with their return policy I felt that it would really be no risk. Honestly, I thought i would send the stone back, but from the moment I opened the box I was in love with this little (okay big) stone that had been sitting in inventory for a long time. The stone faces up much whiter than I imagined and is not yellow, more of a candlelight color that you really can only see from the sides and in certain lighting conditions.

I decided to send the stone to Singlestone and have an antique repro setting made for "her". Here is a shot Ari sent me last night for approval. I am thrilled! I'll post more pics and a handshot or 2 when I get her.

fiona1.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks lovely!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember this diamond, it is about 2.5 cts or so? Glad you are so happy!
35.gif

Meh- I am such a berk, if I missed the part where you posted it is 2.55 cts!
41.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
that''s a stunner
I can''t wait to see more pics

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OHMIGOD! What a stunner! Can I borrow it, say, until 2010? I promise then I''ll give it right back......
9.gif
3.gif

cheers--Sharon

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, I love your ring, it''s gorgeous! We really need many more pics.
36.gif
36.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh you are a lucky - and smart - lady!! it looks beautiful and you did the perfect thing with it sending it to ari, i cannot wait to see more shots of it!!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Oh.my.goodness. THAT looks splendid - I''m waiting with baited breathe for more pics!

wow.wow.wow.

Good for you for going with your instincts! It looks fab.
30.gif

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring. Maybe I need to start looking at color in a whole new way!!! Please post more pics ASAP!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, but I''m dying over here for more pictures!!!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, I feel like a terrific shopper right now. This ring is sooo brilliant that you can see it sparkle completely across a room. For me, it was a nice compromise in color and clarity with a fantastic price. Going with a vintage type setting seems to make the warmth work in all of the "right" ways. I''m pretty quirky, so it being non-ideal is not an issue to me since it is so pleasing to my eyes and sparkly. I guess there are many definitions of beauty & this stone has a happy home! I can''t wait to try her on! Thanks for letting me share my find. GOG and Singlestone are fantastic.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! I couldn''t easily find an old antique stone, but I wanted a warmer colour too. I ended up with a 1.77 K VS1 from Pearlmans estate section, and it''s got that wonderful feel to it too. Just the other day I had it drying on my bathroom counter after cleaning, and was shocked when I walked by the door and caught the fire shining out of it on an overcast day with no light shining on it! Yeah, from the side it''s got some "real" colour, but face up, it''s white in most every lighting condition. It feels old to me. I hope you love your new ring. The setting is just gorgeous!
36.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
Wow, it''s gorgeous! More pics, PLEASE!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That really looks like a gorgeous antique!
30.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looks amazing. Any more photos?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, it looks lovely! What a find and a great treasure.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, can you spell G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S???! Killer ring! Setting that beautiful diamond in a vintage-looking setting was the PERFECT complement to it!

*LOVE IT!* You couldn''t have done any better!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2007 1:12:46 PM
Author: kellyfish
Honestly, I feel like a terrific shopper right now. This ring is sooo brilliant that you can see it sparkle completely across a room. For me, it was a nice compromise in color and clarity with a fantastic price. Going with a vintage type setting seems to make the warmth work in all of the ''right'' ways. I''m pretty quirky, so it being non-ideal is not an issue to me since it is so pleasing to my eyes and sparkly. I guess there are many definitions of beauty & this stone has a happy home! I can''t wait to try her on! Thanks for letting me share my find. GOG and Singlestone are fantastic.
It would. Good job.
2.gif

I can''t wait to see your pics. You must post scads!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVING this stone, and that setting is perfect for it. Please take lots more pics for us!!! Congrats, it''s a stunner for sure!!
30.gif
30.gif

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! That''s a great find! I would love to see more pictures when you get the chance.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2007 1:12:46 PM
Author: kellyfish
Honestly, I feel like a terrific shopper right now. This ring is sooo brilliant that you can see it sparkle completely across a room. For me, it was a nice compromise in color and clarity with a fantastic price. Going with a vintage type setting seems to make the warmth work in all of the ''right'' ways. I''m pretty quirky, so it being non-ideal is not an issue to me since it is so pleasing to my eyes and sparkly. I guess there are many definitions of beauty & this stone has a happy home! I can''t wait to try her on! Thanks for letting me share my find. GOG and Singlestone are fantastic.
HI:

Back again--such a beauty! I really understand what you are saying. I have an affinity for these colored stones and it is intuitive to set it wth way you did. Did the custom setting take very long?

Well done!

cheers--Sharon

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Sharon,

After Ari & I discussed design ideas & I looked at quite a few of his pieces, we pretty much had a game plan with a 4-6 week turnaround. Then, Ari e-mailed me with a pic of an in-house setting to look at that happened to be exactly what we were going for with the exact fit for my diamond. I'll even go out on a limb and say it is better than what we originally planned. Soooo, I am getting a great turnaround--all of about 12 days! I just heard from Ari and I'll have my ring tomorrow morning. I am thrilled. He was very easy & enthusiastic to work with--even though they usually specialize in antique cuts, etc.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, your new ring is gorgeous! I can''t wait to see the real life shots! It must be sooo hard to wait for that beauty! You have to drown us in photos when you get it! Pretty please?!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh...its GORGEOUS, Kelly!! Can''t wait to see more pics!! Congrats!!!
36.gif

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ohhh i love warm stones! yours is lovely!

Alleyoop

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! From one M to another... you are going to love that baby! Great find!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring... that setting is just perfect for that diamond. Very pretty!!!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for your posts! I can''t wait to do a photo shoot when she gets here Thursday.

vivianv

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous M!Gorgeous setting!

I truly love my smaller not-ideal M too. Same as you,I thought I would probably return it but the moment I saw it in the box I knew it was not going anywhere. Ms do have a mystique about them for sure.
Mine is waiting for me to get it a pretty setting too. I also want an antiquey setting.Love seeing yours.Mine will get hers one day.
Can''t wait to see more photos.

21.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful!!! That setting is just perfect for it!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results