shape
carat
color
clarity

My lovely little OEC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ps''ers! Just thought I''d share my newest little find. A .46 H SI1 OEC (dims: 4.99 x 4.73 - I think, don''t have the dim''s in front of me) And it''s a real beauty!!! I''m going to have it set by BGD into a simble bezel pendant/necklace a la DBTY (15" in length) so I can layer it w/ my Tiffany X diamond pendant/necklace.

I found it online and the seller turned out to be Upgradeable! Small world
1.gif
I''m going to take it into my local jeweler that I use for repairs to have it checked out. I have a 10x loupe but can''t find the inclusions and I''d like to get a better look at it under a more powerful loupe/microscope.

Here are a few pics, all courtesy of Upgradeable. I''ll try to get around to taking some photos of it soon.

Glowing OEC.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I love that stone. More pictures, please!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Showing some fire!

OEc with fire.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Yummy profile

side OEC.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Next one....

sparkle OEC.jpg

stacy

Shiny_Rock
It''s beautiful and will make a perfect pendant. Enjoy your diamond!
emsmile.gif

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Super white!

white OEC.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Mine''s on the right. She had 2 for sale and I asked if she could send me pics of both of them side by side. That''s it for now, hope you enjoyed the photos. I''ll be sure to post pics once I have it set. I can''t wait! I love it soooo much.

On a side note, I went to Tiffany yesterday to try on the single bezel necklaces to see what length of necklace I wanted (to layer w/ my other necklace). I tried on a .64, .53 and a .45. OMG, the prices were crazy! The .53 in 18kt yellow gold H VS1 was $3,720!!! And the .64 G VVS2 in platinum was $5,250!

H on right 5-ps.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Can''t wait to see it set! Looks like it''s got some really nice fire.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How beautiful! And you''re right, Tiffany prices are crazy. I''d think they''re hurting in this economy.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone! Can''t wait to see it set! I have my heart set on a project similar to this one some day.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a delightful stone!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Inquiring minds ... where where where ... is the other one still available?
3.gif
LOVE YOURS!! And I think your idea is perfect! Have you considered a miligrain bezel??

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is lovely, congratulations!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Princess!

I will Stacy, thanks!

Thanks SS, it really does! Even in my LED task light at work, it was firey and white!

Thanks DS, they must be, those prices are insane. I do have some pieces from them but my diamond stuff is all pave-like, no solitare stones so the prices weren''t as bad.

Thanks Burk! I hope you get to do your similar project soon
2.gif

Thanks LV!

Hey Deco! Yup the other one is still available (the one on the left is a .39 but faces up almost a big as mine) and has a GIA cert to boot! And she just lowered the price. Not sure if I can mention the site so does this ring a bell: db dot com ? I did consider a milgrain bezel but I have smooth WF handmade bezel studs that I wear daily and I''d like them to match :) Although I do have milgrain on my little single cut 1930''s plat band, but I think I''m going to stick w/ smooth on this project.

Thanks Harriet!
9.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
YUM YUM YUM!!!!! I LOVE it!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow! It''s just gorgeous!!!! I love your idea of a miligrain bezel on a 15" chain - that will be lovely!

I considered that one for a minute, but the other .46 SI1 on that site ended up being local, and I met her and picked it up last weekend.
31.gif

I think mine''s going in a halo of some sort, but I haven''t decided yet, so I''m waiting until I''ve made a final decision to move forward. Oh, I''m so excited to see yours done Asschergirl!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Asschergirl and Lauren, my RHR is .46 SI1 too! Good combo
31.gif

A halo pendant reset for my REALLY boring bezel pendant is next for me....I think this OEC thread is going to be some serious inspiration!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
What a great find!!!! I cant wait to see this necklace when its done. Its going to be GORGEOUS!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 9:13:00 AM
Author: Dani
What a great find!!!! I cant wait to see this necklace when its done. Its going to be GORGEOUS!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
ditto; it is gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous!!!!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone!!! What an exciting project!!
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone!! I got my own little OEC recently and I adore it so
30.gif

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Blueroses!!! I hope you''re able to get your''s reset. Did you ever post pics of how it''s currently set? I''d love to see it, feel free to post them in this thread
2.gif
That''s so funny that you have the same size too!

Hey Lauren! Acutally I''m doing a plain bezel (see attached pic - this is how I''ll wear it most of the time, the scale isn''t 100% correct, I''m not a wiz on photoshop) That''s too funny you got the other one. I emailed that girl too but I was able to see more photos of Upgradeable''s stone and she had a return policy in case I didn''t like it. Can''t wait to see what you end up doing w/ yours!
1.gif

Thanks Dani!

Thank you Skippy!

Thanks Ckrickett and chiquitapet!

Oh icekid, please post photos of your oec too!
9.gif

layered set - large.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I know I said it already, but its SO GORGEOUS...sigh...you are seriously tempting me here
30.gif
30.gif
9.gif
3.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh, that looks like a gorgeous stone, and the bezeling by BGD will look stunning!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Do you know if the other stone is still for sale?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone!
Your finished pendant will be fabulous!!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
hehe AG, there''s another one still for sale
31.gif
11.gif

Thanks D&T

It sure is MC, and it''s a beauty

Thanks DD!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 2:43:24 PM
Author: asscher_girl
hehe AG, there''s another one still for sale
31.gif
11.gif

Thanks D&T

It sure is MC, and it''s a beauty

Thanks DD!
Thanks! I found it. I''m planning to buy an OEC within the next year. The prices I''ve seen so far are fabulous and within my budget! I wish I could buy it right now. . .gotta have patience.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results