shape
carat
color
clarity

My Lovely (Little) E-ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaylyn

Shiny_Rock
I've lurked around here for quite some time and noticed how big everyone's rings seem to be! Goodness! I'm a girl who very much enjoys drooling over other people's giant diamonds, but I'm just not that into wearing them.

I have one of those lovely fiancees who asked me to marry him and then we picked out a ring together. We're both in college. We don't have much money, at all. And we weren't about to go broke over an engagement ring. What to do, what to do...

We went to the regular jewelry stores in town...you know, the Zales, Kay, Helzberg type places, and didn't find anything worth buying, or anything we could afford above an I2 clarity.
emdgust.gif
Finally, we went to a much smaller jewelry store that was selling much nicer jewelry at lower prices.

I'll be honest, I *hated* solitaires on my hand. I thought they looked just absolutely ridiculous. Then, we came across my ring. What a difference some shaping in the band and a cathedral setting can make on a diamond! Nick fell in love with the ring right away, but I wasn't so sure. So, I went back the next day to "visit" my ring again, and decided it was the one for me.

Now, my center stone is only .25 carat. However, the clarity is good...I think it's an SI1. It's *much* better than anything else we found in our price range, anyway. I love my sweet little ring, and I just wanted to share some pictures.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaylyn,
I love your ering and the wedding band!!!! Not everyone starts out with big rocks, I know I didn''t. Your ring is just beautiful!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Congratulations on your engagement and thanks for sharing your ring with us!!!!!
36.gif
Oh and welcome to PS!!!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Kaylyn, I think your ring and band are JUST BEAUTIFUL!!

I know that there are lots of blingier rings around here, but when push comes to shove, I really love best the classic look of a simple solitaire and a diamond band...like yours!!
30.gif
30.gif

Thank you so much for sharing your treasure....and congratulations on your engagement!

widget

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, and classic!

Kaylyn

Shiny_Rock
Everyone tells me it''s "classic"...*sigh*...that makes me so happy. I know that when I''m older I''m not going to think I should''ve gone for something with more "hoo-ha" to it. It will never go out of style. Yaaay.

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
Your rings are so pretty! Congratulations!!!!!

cinnabar

Shiny_Rock
I think it''s absolutely lovely. It looks much more expensive than $800, and the diamond doesn''t look small at all to me. I love the unfussy look, and your wedding ring sets it off to perfection. Beautiful.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Those are beautiful rings and they suit your hand very well. Just lovely, thanks for sharing them with us! Some of us didn''t even have a diamond when we first got married!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It''s very pretty Kaylyn!
35.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and sparkly--your set looks MADE for your hand!!
36.gif
36.gif
I love the style
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
You are right your solitaitre is really diffrent! I think it is fantastic that your and your honey made such a smart decision, debt is never fun. Are ya''ll already married? (I ask becuase you have on both rings...) Congrats! And welcome to Pricescope.
36.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE them!! I am so loving the solitare with a diamond band!!
30.gif
30.gif
My favorite look
1.gif

Congratulations!!!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
You''re rings are beautiful and you and your FI are going into your marriage the right way...without overextending your budget...my first e-ring was a 1/3 carat Marquise and I loved it for the 11 years I wore it (10 years + 1 year engagement). Congratulations to you both!!
36.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Kaylyn I love your wedding set!!! I think that it is absolutely gorgeous, and as long as you love it, that''s all that matters!!!
30.gif
Congrats!!!!!!

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock
I think that it is very pretty. I think it looks perfect on your hand with slender fingers. Beautiful!

Kaylyn

Shiny_Rock
We're not already married, no...I just didn't get a picture of the e-ring by itself that I liked.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! It looks just right on your hand. And your setting *IS* classic. I went simple too because I figured Id get sick of something ornate. I think about doing some hand engraving on the band of my solitaire, but then again...I don''t want to HATE it later.

jenna_g

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! That is a gorgeous set.

I never liked solitaires on my hand either, until I tried cathedral settings... To me, the whole thing just looks more balanced that way. I went from totally disliking solitaires to absolutely adoring them! (And much to my delight, owning one!
30.gif
)

I especially like the way cathedral settings look with a diamond band... :)

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Kaylyn, you have a beautiful and classic set!

May I ask why you want to solder the 2 rings together? Won''t that mean you lose the flexibility to wear them together or separate?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your set is classic and just beautiful. i''m so glad you decided to share it with us.

Kaylyn

Shiny_Rock
I guess I never considered wearing them separate after we are married. Huh. That''s an interesting idea. It will be a clean soldering, though, because even though they were not made as a set, they fit together perfectly. Still time to think about it, though.
28.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on a beautiful ring!! Enjoy!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
That''s really pretty. The set looks very good together!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!!! I totally agree about not going into debt for the e-ring, especially when you''re both starving students. My fiance and I (yes, both starving students) chose not to go into debt as well.

Your set is gorgeous and classic and I''m absolutely thrilled to hear how much you love it. That''s when you know it''s right. :)

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Oh...*sigh*
What a gorgeous set. I love the setting, the way the sides swoop up.
I got married with no diamond at all.
Please don''t apologize one iota for your beautiful rings.

36.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
what a pretty set! and it looks much bigger than a 0.25 on ur fingers!! u chose well, and as many other said, not everyone starts big..this way u have something to look fwd to in the future (if u would want something bigger)...

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
It''s perfect!
36.gif
Congrats and enjoy wearing it!

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! Classic and unforgettable............

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Your set is just lovely--classic, but with a bit of a twist. Your band looks beautiful with the cathedral solitaire e-ring. I think you guys made a wise choice. You have a lovely set & didn''t go beyond your budget!

And, most importantly, congrats on your engagement!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results