shape
carat
color
clarity

My loose gemstone collection . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the colours in this one . . .

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
More reds/oranges

original.aspx

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Very nice collection LtP. I especially like your asscher (no surprise there!). I know what you mean about them being deep. If I set mine into a ring, I''d likely take someone''s eye out!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 2:36:17 PM
Author: Gailey
Very nice collection LtP. I especially like your asscher (no surprise there!). I know what you mean about them being deep. If I set mine into a ring, I''d likely take someone''s eye out!
Thanks, Gailey! I love your yellow Asscher from Gene - I am considering asking him to cut an Asscher for me based on yours, but I''m waiting to see how my Peter Torraca Asscher Scap turns out! I just love yours, though!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last pic - purples and pinks . . .

original.aspx

BUT, I got a light box this weekend, so I''m planning on playing a bit with it this afternoon . . . any requests?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Fun collection Lauren! Are you going to set the aqua soon?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 2:42:35 PM
Author: coatimundi
I'm boring . . . I can't decide exactly on what I want, but I think I'm going to drop the aqua off with Whiteflash the next time I'm in Houston, which is looking like the May timeframe. I originally wanted to bezel it in a version of my e-ring, but think it would look so much prettier in an Ellen-like setting. Something simple to let the Aqua shine. I'm over thinking it and now I can't choose!

Coati, what do you think of this setting for the Asscher?

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/-Full-of-Surprises--Diamond-Engagement-Ring_1345.htm

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the step stones, especially the morganite and sapphire which are uncommon shapes/cuts.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 2:45:23 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

I'm boring . . . I can't decide exactly on what I want, but I think I'm going to drop the aqua off with Whiteflash the next time I'm in Houston, which is looking like the May timeframe. I originally wanted to bezel it in a version of my e-ring, but think it would look so much prettier in an Ellen-like setting. Something simple to let the Aqua shine. I'm over thinking it and now I can't choose!

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/-Full-of-Surprises--Diamond-Engagement-Ring_1345.htm

I think it's lovely, and I love the idea of an Ellen like setting. I'm thinking about something like that for my aqua, but in yellow gold--and maybe just a simple delicate millgrained bezel for mine.

You can't go wrong with a simple solitaire! Can't wait to see what you end up choosing!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AMAZING COLLECTION.....thanks for sharing Lauren!!!!
30.gif

Lori

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren, as ever, you''ve knocked me sideways! I ADORE your morganite square step cut. Can I be cheeky and ask to see a front on photo? I know there are a couple of shots of it but they''re all at an angle and that beauty deserves to be seen.

I completely agree about your dilema with the aqua asscher. Mine has been with my jeweller for months and each design I come up with I think won''t work because of the depth. I would love to see what the WF setting will look like.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For my pink spinel asscher, I spotted the perfect setting at my local jewellers'' thats already set with another princess cut gemstone. The jeweller modified it to fit the asscher. However, my stone is smaller and yours is really huge.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
These pics are making me drooooooool
30.gif

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
lauren, I want an aqua asscher just like yours. I know just the setting for it!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Love them - I really love the aqua, I appreciate how hard it is to find a good one.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 2:45:23 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I''m boring . . . I can''t decide exactly on what I want, but I think I''m going to drop the aqua off with Whiteflash the next time I''m in Houston, which is looking like the May timeframe. I originally wanted to bezel it in a version of my e-ring, but think it would look so much prettier in an Ellen-like setting. Something simple to let the Aqua shine. I''m over thinking it and now I can''t choose!

I''m not Coati, but I love that setting. I was considering it for one of my stones...

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and I''m totally with you on the aqua asscher - you could just stare into that beauty for DAYS. I love the idea of putting it in a ring where you can really appreciate the depth and the mesmerizing quality of the stone
30.gif

legatogirl

Rough_Rock
Amazing-all of them! Your aqua is beautiful but my fav. is that purple spinel-breathtaking!!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!!! Your collection is fantastic! I love that aqua too. It''s just exquisite! I can''t wait to see what you decide to do with it. And I love the square morganite as well.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren,
Lovely collection. Thank you for sharing your rainbow with us!
9.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Lauren that is a great collection, really.

I showed my husband your first picture and said I''d like to do this next.
He kinda gave me "that look" of oh no !!

E B

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous collection!
30.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
How cool! An army of colored stones!! Thanks for posting these lovelies!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Lauren... that''s a pretty setting. I''ve been looking at that one as a possible contender for my malaya..

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
What a rainbow collection!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I need to go back and stare at each picture now...

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Words fail me! What a stunning collection, I am so glad you did a group photo shoot - I am drooling on my keyboard.
3.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fun! Will you bring them when you come?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Awesome collection!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Chrono, Coati, Loriken, LovingDiamonds, Porridge, NeverEndingUpgrade, LtlFirecracker, Freke, AmberGretchen, legatogirl, joflier, Tourmaline_lover, Bebe (rofl), EBree, TGal, Mochi, Yingh, Babysteps, Harriet (YES!), and Kelli!!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 3:37:39 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Lauren, as ever, you''ve knocked me sideways! I ADORE your morganite square step cut. Can I be cheeky and ask to see a front on photo? I know there are a couple of shots of it but they''re all at an angle and that beauty deserves to be seen.

I completely agree about your dilema with the aqua asscher. Mine has been with my jeweller for months and each design I come up with I think won''t work because of the depth. I would love to see what the WF setting will look like.
I tried taking some more pics of the Morganite last night, but my battery died in the process. I should get them uip today.

The cut isn''t fabulous, as there are no windmills, and the colour is not photographing well, but I love that stone! It''s so girly!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results