shape
carat
color
clarity

My "look" is almost complete!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted this on a wedding forum but none of the busy bees there have replied which makes me sad. So I'm posting it here. I'm just so excited that I've got some accessories!

Wedding dress (obviously the full-length pic is not me):
http://www.casablancabridal.com/collections/view/29/418#.UPYWO2f4LTo

dress_4.jpg

download_5.jpg

Shoes, BHLDN Elopement Pumps:

19656826_045_a.jpg

Hair decoration, AmieNoelDesigns on Etsy:

il_570xn_10.jpg

Gloves, ZenAndCoffee on Etsy:

il_570xn_11.jpg

Doctor Who garter set by UniquelyYoursBridal on Etsy (I found this seller through someone's PS post... whose was it?):

il_570xn_12.jpg

Necklace, bought from Dreamer:

download4.jpg

I'm still trying to find a coverup/shawl/jacket in case it's cold, maybe a bracelet, and earrings (I'm crossing my fingers that the fiance will buy me diamond studs for a wedding present, but I'd better be prepared anyway). I've been scouring ebay for antique earrings that I like AND can afford but so far no luck (especially complicated because I'm allergic to nickel so white gold is out). OH, and a hairstyle! I need one of those too! And a bouquet! I guess I'm not as almost done as I thought. Any suggestions for any of those would be appreciated!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
distracts, everything looks so lovely! Congratulations on getting a lot of things checked off!

For the shrug/shawl, I remember Freke had a FABULOUS blue one at her wedding. I can't find a picture with it right now...maybe she'll pop in and give you the info...

For hair...how long is your hair right now? Did you plan on wearing it up or down, or somewhere in between?

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
It all looks amazing, distracts! I especially love that pendant, it's fabulous!

Ditto vc10 re: hair style - how long is your hair? Do you plan on wearing a veil? Do you want something super elegant or fancy, or are you going for more relaxed and laid-back?

For your bouquet, again, what vibe are you trying to convey? Have you selected a florist yet? They'll have tons of photos of weddings they've done and that might give you inspiration.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Re: My "look" is almost complete!

Those gloves are amazing! As of course is the jewelry!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Love the whole look!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! I love what you've got so far.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is all fabulous, but I LOVE the gloves! So romantic and feminine. Dreamer's necklace is stunning and I love your ring, too. Congrats on putting it all together!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love everything you picked.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Firstly, I received the lace gloves in the mail and they are AMAZING. Seriously. I started gushing immediately. I'm pretty sure I'll just wear them for the ceremony and some photo op moments, like portraits and the cake cutting, and leave them off for most of the reception.

Re: Hair - my hair is medium/long. It's like the length Kate Middleton's hair usually is. (Sigh, Kate Middleton's hair, sigh. Sometimes I think all my problems would be solved if I too could have such glossy, bouncy curled-at-the-ends hair!) I thiiiink I want half up/half down but I don't know. Because of the headband and the veil I don't think it would look okay all down. I did see some pics of other people with a headband AND veil (my mother was shocked that you could do both), both ones with the veil right behind the headband and ones with the veil farther down. It's a butt-length veil so it can go up or down from the middle of my head a bit without looking weird. There's probably a more technical term for that but I sure don't know it. The main hair issue is that I have a lot of very fine hair that hates to be held in place. I LOVE those loose looking updos with the tendrils, but I have never had one last on my hair.

I am going to compile some pinterest pics into a hair inspiration collage - I should do that anyway for the hairstylist, so might as well show you guys too! I also have a bouquet inspiration collage I made already if I can find it. There are just so many things to say I got overwhelmed and couldn't reply to this so now I just decided I'll reply in little chunks.

Heee, Freke's shawl sure is amazing! And so blue, which is appropriate since it's Freke.

FrekeChild|1358395358|3357521 said:
Whats the budget on your earrings? I can keep an eye out. Do you have a specific look you have in mind?

Our wedding is in an art deco theater that has recently been renovated into a music venue/art gallery/performing arts studio. My fiance was into it from even before we officially got engaged, and so our theme has pretty much always been Edwardian/Art Deco. So I was originally looking for some kind of dangly antique earrings that look like they'd fit in that period, with a budget of $500-$600, and a backup plan of some of Yvonne Raley's stickpin replica earrings in silver if I can't find anything (I have a pair with red spinels and love them!).

But today my fiance decided to agree to a budget of 4k for diamond stud earrings, sooo... obviously plans will be changing. I've bookmarked several RB pairs that I like, and can easily get 1cttw for that, but the issue is that I like OECs so much more. And at GOG that only gets me like a 4.5mm pair of AVCs, but 5mm is my forever size (I have really small earlobes, lol), so it seems kind of dumb to get ALMOST there. So I'm perusing used sites. I've contacted Burk about her pair on LT but they are 20 pts difference and have evidently been returned to her a few times so I imagine picky me will find something wrong with them (I am one of those people who flips out about the earring profile being different because they're viewed from so many angles!). I have a few that I'm watching on ebay but none with clear pictures, lol. I really ought to contact Adam at OWD but last time I emailed him I never got a reply (which probably means I should call, right).

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are the arm thingies:

wedarm.jpg

And my save-the-dates, just cause:

savethedates2.jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love your arm thingies and STD's!!!! I think you'll look gorgeous!

mypatience

Rough_Rock
I love your save the dates, great colors. Good luck finding the perfect studs!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll keep an eye out for earrings, although it sounds like you have it under control already anyway!

(BTW, you're getting married 2 days before my birthday! I say this means lots of diamond anniversary presents, being in April and all!)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my goodness distracts you are going to be beautiful!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1359526580|3367165 said:
I'll keep an eye out for earrings, although it sounds like you have it under control already anyway!

(BTW, you're getting married 2 days before my birthday! I say this means lots of diamond anniversary presents, being in April and all!)

Heee, yes, diamond anniversary presents!!

I think we've actually decided to go with sapphire studs for earrings, maaaaaaaaybe with IDJ diamond jackets. I have an order of five 4.7mm sapphires coming my way from which hopefully I'll be able to choose a pair. My earlobes are only like a centimeter in any direction so nearly 5mm will take up a good portion of them, and with jackets will be most of them. Haha, my earring plans have changed more than any other wedding-related plans!

nielseel|1360462173|3376451 said:
oh my goodness distracts you are going to be beautiful!

Thank youuuuuuuu!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dress will be done with alterations and I'll pick it up on Wednesday. SO PUMPED

audball

Ideal_Rock
Woot! Pics!!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay so my dress was NOT done being altered as the neckline was so loose my boobs were visible. SO. I should get it next week.

But I got my earrings back from the jeweler... yay!

photo_5.png

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

How is your dress? Did they finally get it all ready?

audball

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering about the dress too!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't get to pick up the dress until noon on Thursday! I took it for bridal portraits but had to tape it down so then had to bring it back. SO I hope it is perfect on Thursday cause there's not really more time, hah! Everything else is ready though!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Won't have the pro pics back for another couple of weeks, but here are a couple from the day:

This is the most horrible grainy picture so I'm putting it first:

postprocession.jpg

The theater! Our names were on the marquee. This was taken after everything had been taken down - in the empty poster spots I had posters that I had made of us! And there are also usually lots of lights under the marquee.

postkessler.jpg

Portraits yay.

untitled-1_0.jpg

First dance!

sd6ouo85.jpg

postdance.jpg

Bride's cake! My little cousin was so excited to get the "crown" off the cake to play with, haha:

postcake2.jpg

Groom's cake... several of my friends were convinced it was actually meat and not cake. :roll: It wasn't THAT realistic, lol.

postcake.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
You looked gorgeous!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
You looked fabulous! And I love how teeny you are next to your DH (at least I'm assuming that was him lol) :appl: Can't wait to see more!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Re: My "look" is almost complete!

Gorgeous Distracts!!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
You look gorgeous!!! And so happy. Love the theater venue and your names on the marquee! Are you going to hang the posters up in your house? :sun:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
B E A U T I F U L!!! Distracts --you are GORGEOUS and every detail looks amazing!!! Perfect wedding!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Congratulations on your marriage! I love your dress and all the details (its been forever since I was a bride...)

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooh I've been dying to see your wedding photos Distracts. If I had to sum your wedding up in a word, I'd choose - "art". You looked gorgeous - I love your bouquet, somehow it matched the feel of your engagement ring! You make a lovely couple and I hope you'll be very happy together.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results