shape
carat
color
clarity

My "little rings" project has begun

Nitedula

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So adorable! And I didn't notice anything about your skin until you mentioned it – too distracted by admiring that cute little ring! What a literal sweetheart!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So adorable! And I didn't notice anything about your skin until you mentioned it – too distracted by admiring that cute little ring! What a literal sweetheart!

My cousin said the same thing-- I'm so self conscious of it!

Thanks, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the heart ring. It's precious.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That heart is just so sweet. I've never been a huge fan of heart shaped diamonds but your little cutie has completely changed my mind! It really is lovely. :love: I think the bezel works beautifully to highlight the shape, awesome choice!

These are the adjectives I think when I look at it: sweet, precious, adorable

I am so glad I did this.

Thanks to everyone for the great compliments. I appreciate them.

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Absolutely adorable! I love it.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have been looking forward to this and it doesn't disappoint, I love the unfussy design. You have my sympathy with the eczema I had to wear cotton gloves on my hands at one point mine was so bad. Enjoy your lovely ring!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exciting! I am also enjoying the idea of tiny stacking rings. I bought 2 hammered silver bands and also a turquoise band (petit point/snake eyes style) to stack. I would love to get a .50 carat CBI diamond either to wear as a solitaire, and then later set in 3, 5 stone ring. Someday! I was actually making some progress in saving my pennies, but found out last night might be later than sooner. My mother is finally moving out of her home, and needs cash to pay her transfer tax stamps as well as first month downpayment on an apartment, transition costs. She says that she will pay me back when she sells her house, but well let's just say in situations like this before she has not paid people back... I will find out more details later today.

You know, with the CBI I think well into 2018 (maybe in a year, I seriously tapped myself out right now financially with my play money), I'm going to get another .56 and make a 2 stone ring. Then a year later, when I am 50, For my birthday, I'll get a center stone and use the two .56 as the side stones.

I LOVE that with CBI/HPD this is an option.

Meanwhile, I LOVE wearing the .56 right hand CBI solitaire...

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of all of your pictures, I love this picture of the heart best.

img_2143-jpg.595445

The nice burst of dispersion and the nicely distributed sparkle makes this a definite keeper in my book.

Wink

Thanks, Wink. This is the one with the etch channel inclusion. I love that part of it too because when I'm under pressure, I tend to blow out a channel for the pressure release too. Lol. It's human.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks fabulous.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too, suddenly found myself drawn to small stone rings. I really do think it had something to do with me chatting with a much older lady at my gym and watching her gesture while we spoke and becoming attached to a small stone art deco ring on her right hand that was well worn and smooth in spots but had so much character. Right then and there I decided to look for a smaller stone antique/vintage ring to wear everyday in place of either of my wedding sets that are much bigger.

I came home, went right to a friend's page on Etsy, ( a friend whose business revolves around beautiful art deco OEC/tranny cut type rings) and I found one that screamed "pick me! choose me!" LOL, and so I did. She's such a cutie. I love her. She's clean and pristine and after one of our jewelry creating vendor friends gave her a once over for the integrity of the prongs etc., I wear her a LOT and yes even to the gym. I have that ring for months but I still find myself staring at her sparkle when stopped at red lights.

Enjoy your small treasures! I'd like to have another one myself. I think I'll go for a small emerald cut this time.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too, suddenly found myself drawn to small stone rings. I really do think it had something to do with me chatting with a much older lady at my gym and watching her gesture while we spoke and becoming attached to a small stone art deco ring on her right hand that was well worn and smooth in spots but had so much character. Right then and there I decided to look for a smaller stone antique/vintage ring to wear everyday in place of either of my wedding sets that are much bigger.

I came home, went right to a friend's page on Etsy, ( a friend whose business revolves around beautiful art deco OEC/tranny cut type rings) and I found one that screamed "pick me! choose me!" LOL, and so I did. She's such a cutie. I love her. She's clean and pristine and after one of our jewelry creating vendor friends gave her a once over for the integrity of the prongs etc., I wear her a LOT and yes even to the gym. I have that ring for months but I still find myself staring at her sparkle when stopped at red lights.

Enjoy your small treasures! I'd like to have another one myself. I think I'll go for a small emerald cut this time.

May we see a pic?

Yes, there is something quite charming about a little ring.

I would also like a little emerald cut.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the open bezel look!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adorbs! Will you be adding any little rings with a pop of color? :Up_to_something:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
May we see a pic?

Yes, there is something quite charming about a little ring.

I would also like a little emerald cut.

Of course! Here's a picture of my J3. That's her nickname. The center stone is about .40 pts. and there's more than 1/4 ct. surrounding it. Right now I'm wearing it with a Gabriel & Co. micro pave channel set band that I had, but channel setting is all wrong for this ring. I'm going to have a sixteen stone half eternity made in pale rose gold to wear with her.
Jocie III in the kitchen.jpg Jocie III.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_2200.JPG This was my first small stone ring buy. That was quite some time ago, after I survived a horrible illness and treatment. She's platinum and the center is a stunning .45 pt. F VS2 OEC (I had it appraised by a GIA master gemologist appraiser). I wear this one on my right hand. I'll love this ring forever.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_2200.JPG This was my first small stone ring buy. That was quite some time ago, after I survived a horrible illness and treatment. She's platinum and the center is a stunning .45 pt. F VS2 OEC (I had it appraised by a GIA master gemologist appraiser). I wear this one on my right hand. I'll love this ring forever.

OOOH! I love both of those! Thanks for sharing. :love::love:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adorbs! Will you be adding any little rings with a pop of color? :Up_to_something:

I hope to add a natural sapphire, but I realize there are many choices out there and more to consider than I realized...

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn't it amazing how a small diamond creates such a flash of sparkle? Such a different effect than what you get from a large stone. They both command attention; just each in a different way. My first engagement ring was a .78 and I vividly remember someone commenting on that 'rock on your finger.' It surprised me as that was really the first comment that I had ever heard regarding size of a diamond. Little did I know what was in store for me down the road - really wasn't a thought in my head - but I can now truly appreciate diamonds in all sizes. So long as they are well cut - lol!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOOH! I love both of those! Thanks for sharing. :love::love:

I’ve been collecting this style for probably 20 yrs. and I’m not over vintage yet.

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
ooh it’s beautiful, I ‘heart’ it!!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Whitewave!
LOVE LOVE LOVE your new heart shaped ring! Do you mind if I ask who made the bezel setting for you? I have a heart shaped stone that is sitting gathering dust and would love to make a ring just like yours. :love:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Whitewave!
LOVE LOVE LOVE your new heart shaped ring! Do you mind if I ask who made the bezel setting for you? I have a heart shaped stone that is sitting gathering dust and would love to make a ring just like yours. :love:

B2C! It is 14k white gold and was $525

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! :wavey: What is B2C? A company? I have never heard of it..

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh they are? I will have to look for the link to them.
Thanks!

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
Omg this is the cutest!! I love it! :love:

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG! Whitewave, you have begun a new trend! Your ring is gorgeous! While I'm waitinng for my heart pendant, I'm already looking for a small marquise damond! You can get a half carat for about 700 USD!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
White wave, I love your small rings project. It's give me inspiration for some small heirloom diamonds I have that are just sitting unworn in the current settings.

Your rings remind me of the famous Ping Pong diamond rings that Richard Burton gave Liz Taylor after she won a game of table tennis. :mrgreen2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dkata I know! This whole ring was about $1200 and it was fun. Can't wait to see yours!

@mochiko42 I heard about the ping pong ring. Will go look it up!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results