shape
carat
color
clarity

My Leon Mege Cushion arrived today...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Simply stunning!!!
30.gif

scvr

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/23/2007 3:53:58 PM
Author: Gothgrrl
Yowza. That is one beautiful ring! It looks like you had it set east-west. I just love the way it looks.
Yes! I did have it set East West - it is so funny because I didn''t know how to say that I wanted East West - I wasn''t down with the lingo but the broker said, you want it EW not NS. Too funny - I so don''t know the lingo but I made it clear that I would be less than happy if it came back NS.

scvr

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/23/2007 11:36:26 PM
Author: lizardofaz
Lordy, Lordy!!! Now THAT''S what I''m talkin'' about! That is one killer ring! Hey, do you mind telling how wide the shank on the ring is? Just wondering where it falls on the Leon-Solitaire-Scale. Pleeze more hand shots? Send your husband out for pizza or something and take some more pix!!! Thanks!!!
27.gif
Tell me more - I''m not sure what you mean by the width of the shank? Do you mean how wide the diamond is? I can try and measure it?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Love the new pictures! It''s gorgeous!
30.gif
Enjoy!

scvr

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/24/2007 10:50:05 AM
Author: blythe
Leon Mege is setting my new cushion now -- hope it comes out as stunning as yours! Did you have a single vs double prong preference? And second that query on how wide the band is. Stunning ring... Drooling on my keyboard...
I''m sure it will. I think he mentions on his site that this is the most simple design he''s ever made and it is pure understatedness (IMO). I was asked if I had a preference and I chose single. It''s difficult to describe or even see in the photos how absolutely delicate the single prongs are - it''s almost like they aren''t even there and then if you look up close, you can see that they are so delicate - they look like enhancements rather than something holding the diamond in place. I''m not sure if I''m making sense here but it''s almost as if the diamond is floating so that the prongs almost look invisible.

scvr

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/23/2007 11:36:26 PM
Lordy, Lordy!!! Now THAT''S what I''m talkin'' about! That is one killer ring! Hey, do you mind telling how wide the shank on the ring is? Just wondering where it falls on the Leon-Solitaire-Scale. Pleeze more hand shots? Send your husband out for pizza or something and take some more pix!!! Thanks!!!
27.gif

IMG_1198 (2).JPG

scvr

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/24/2007 12:09:30 PM
Author: poshpepper

WOW! The new pics really show how fabulous your ring is!

30.gif
Thanks for sharing... its just gorgeousness!

And BTW your cat names are hilarious... Batman and Robin... too cute (please share pics of them too

2.gif
)

Okay, here is Laramie as a puppy. Batty and Robbie to follow. I actually had a professional animal photographer come to the house at one point - yikes!

laramie the puppy (2).jpg

scvr

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/24/2007 12:09:30 PM
Author: poshpepper

WOW! The new pics really show how fabulous your ring is!

30.gif
Thanks for sharing... its just gorgeousness!

And BTW your cat names are hilarious... Batman and Robin... too cute (please share pics of them too

2.gif
)

Batty is Black like Batman and his sister Robbie is, well, so ugly she''s adorable.

Hannie and Robbie.jpg

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is stunningly beautiful. Thanks for posting all the photos. Love the hand shot. What band will you be wearing with this?

scvr

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/24/2007 8:08:14 PM
Author: Beacon
Your ring is stunningly beautiful. Thanks for posting all the photos. Love the hand shot. What band will you be wearing with this?
When we eloped we just had simple platinum comfort fit bands. Well, when I went to NYC I wanted to have the band thinner in mm and the guy who did it cut it in half and carved out most of the weight so that it weighed a third of what I had given him. I had to catch a plane back to MI so I couldn''t do anything - I was devastated, my ring was destroyed. So, I went to have it priced to be rebuilt and two jewelers here told me it would be cheaper just to buy a new band. Uh, no way, this is my wedding band and all I''ve had for nearly six years. So, I''ve been waiting to have it melted into a new mold with and I''m paying more for that then we did for the band 5.5 years ago. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about my band and always wonder if the company is really melting my old ring into the new one. So, I''ve been without my ring for nearly a month because the place that my jeweler shipped it to dropped the ball and they forgot about it or something. So, I get it this Thursday and it will be just a plain 3 mm platinum comfort fit. Sorry for the LONG response - aren''t you sorry you asked :)

lizardofaz

Shiny_Rock
Oh thank you SO much for the hand shot!!! Love the way it looks on you! Oh, and by shank, I meant how wide is the platinum ring where it comes up to the diamond part. Sorry for the confusion. Oh, and your dogs are adorable!

scvr

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/24/2007 8:14:03 PM
Oh thank you SO much for the hand shot!!! Love the way it looks on you! Oh, and by shank, I meant how wide is the platinum ring where it comes up to the diamond part. Sorry for the confusion. Oh, and your dogs are adorable!
8.5 mm? Does that sound right? 10 mm if you include the outer part of the platinum.

lizardofaz

Shiny_Rock
Hello again, just wanted to say that your cats are purty, too! Sorry I''m doing such a poor job of describing the shank for you, but I think the measurement would be something around 2 mm or so... basically just the thickness of one section of the platinum band if that makes better sense.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
First of all, I am so glad that you figured out your camera. Yay for technology!!!

Secondly, HOLY FREEEKIN CR@P!!!!! What are you trying to do blind somebody with that thing?
31.gif
2.gif

BTW,
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
Fabulous.

Tell your husband to get used to it. Show him Mara''s thread. he''ll think you''re normal then (pssst for PS that is)
9.gif

shay

scvr

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/25/2007 2:42:32 AM
Hello again, just wanted to say that your cats are purty, too! Sorry I''m doing such a poor job of describing the shank for you, but I think the measurement would be something around 2 mm or so... basically just the thickness of one section of the platinum band if that makes better sense.
I would say at the bottom it is 1 mm and closer to the top it is 2 mm max. Sorry for being a loser when it comes to the ring lingo.

lizardofaz

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the information! Again, such a gorgeous ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results