shape
carat
color
clarity

My Leon 3-stone E-ring is finished!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that''s gorgeous!!! I can''t wait to see both of your rings together. They are just beautiful!!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty I just love how the side stones flow into the shank on his rings... So gorgeous! What are the specs? It looks like a radiant...

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it is absolutely beautiful!! And so is your eternity band, they are both amazing!
30.gif
30.gif
I am waiting for my anniversary band from Leon and they just emailed me this afternoon saying it is ready - yippee! Congrats on the band and spectacular e-ring -- enjoy those beauties and wishing you every happiness for your upcoming wedding
36.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, those Leon teases are just too much for my heart. It looks incredible and I can''t wait for the handshots of your e ring and your eternity band.

Beyond GORGEOUS!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Congrats on getting to the home stretch for your wedding too!

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
Another beautiful Leon masterpiece. I love the proportions of the sidestones.
The wedding band is also so beautiful. Will you be wearing the rings together?

Can''t wait to see handshots.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful, EF!!! Cant wait to see the set on your finger!! YAY!!! Congrats!!!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful!!! You''re getting them just in time for the wedding!!!
36.gif

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Your rings are gorgeous!!! Congratulations!

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!
36.gif

Can''t wait to see more photos!

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
Stunning. Congratulations on your wedding.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
both rings are just stunning...congrats!!!

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
THANKS Everyone!! I am so excited to finally have my e-ring back and to get the wedding band. Hopefully they go together well. I asked Leon to make the e-ring shank as tapered as possible to fit flush with the band.

Aaaahhh! The anticipation is killing me. I wish tomorrow would get here already
emteeth.gif

I will try and take more pictures of the e-ring and maybe sneak a few of the wedding band with it (although my fiance is still insistant that I not really wear it until the wedding).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''ve got a real beauty there! Enjoy.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
That''s going to be one amazing set! I really liked seeing your band in a previous post! Congrats! I''m a bit biased to the ER setting :)

Can''t wait to see more pictures!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
This is a beautiful Leon ring! CONGRATS!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
gorgeous - looking forward to seeing your completed set and hunners of handshots.

vs

Rough_Rock
Your ring is beautiful and that wedding band is stunning...can''t wait to see pictures of them together!
1.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t wait to see your pictures!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t wait to see the photos!!!

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Ok - so the rings came about an hour ago. I am a little disappointed. They are beautiful by themselves but the wedding band completely overshadows the engagement ring as the diamonds are way too big. I know, I know, sad problem to have. I talked to Leon and he can''t take the wedding band back and get me smaller diamonds without basically re-charging me. We looked at two different size diamonds initially and he thought I should get the bigger ones cause my hands are bigger (size 6.75-7) and "I need big diamonds." I was concerned at the time but trusted his judgment that they would look nice together.

Also, because the diamonds are so big on the wedding band he had to raise the head on the e-ring a significant amount so they would sit flush and it looks really weird together. He agrees that the e-ring is too high and he thought that when he made it - I wish he had called me and said that before finishing it cause I would have told him to make it lower. He said I could send the e-ring back to him and have it remade so it''s lower if I''m not now going to wear it with the diamond wedding band now

I am really upset cause my wedding is in two weeks and now I don''t have a wedding band to go with my e-ring. I guess I am going to keep the diamond wedding band and wear it on my right hand (although my fiance is not happy with that as he wanted them worn together). I may possibly get Leon to make a plain platinum band for me to go with my e-ring as he said he could do that in time for my wedding.

Help - what are everyone''s thoughts on what I should do?

I really wanted an eternity band for my wedding band but I can''t spend the money on getting a whole new one with smaller diamonds made.

1) Should I just wear them together?
2) Have Leon make a plain band although it''s not the look I was going for; or
3) Send them both back to Leon and have him remake the e-ring and/or have him try and get as much money for the wedding band as possible and get smaller diamonds (which will be the most expensive option).

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Emerald, I''m really sorry to hear that the rings aren''t quite what you expected...well not as a set, anyway.

As for your options, I don''t think I would return the eternity band. I know it wasn''t listed as one of your options, but have you considered wearing your e-ring on the right hand and the eternity band as a wedding band on your left? I planned to do this myself when I was looking at large eternity bands as a wedding band. The issue with eternity bands that are 5 ctw is that unless you have a 6+ carat honker of a diamond in your e-ring, the band is overpowering (some women don''t mind this, it''s just personal preference). As a stand-alone band, however, it would be STUNNING! I am in love with the classic look of an eternity band as a stand-alone ring. And it would still compliment the e-ring on your right hand since they are both radiants.

If you don''t want to do that, I would suggest getting a plain wedding band or a small eternity band to wear as a set and wear the larger eternity when you want to wear your set. Or, if you are very lucky and your hands are the same size, you could get a different wedding band and wear the larger eternity as a RHR.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
are you able to take some photos to let us have a look - different angles etc?

maybe you need to get used to it, that it may grow on you.

remember, you''ve never worn them all together before therefore it will be a shock to see all this bling on your hand at once.

md74

Rough_Rock
Sorry you are going through this.

I would go for whatever is going to make you happiest with the end result in the long run. It will be worth whatever hassle it may seem now. I would think the eternity band could be sold well, as it is still new, if it is not really what you wanted.

Or, one option, which I think you kind of said, is to wear a plain band with the engagement ring (which you can then have lowered) on the left and the eternity band on the right. I ended up doing this myself, and like it for myself. My engagement ring is a pear. I originally wanted to have a fancy (I mean not plain) band to go next to it, but nothing worked and most things actually took away from my engagement ring. So I ended up getting the eternity band for my "fancy" wedding ring, which I wear on the right hand, and a plain band beside my engagement ring on the left. So I look married, but all three rings were part of my wedding ceremony and I sort of got the best of both worlds. The only downside being there will be no RHR in my future (LOL)! I thought no one would know that the ring on my right hand was a wedding ring, but people do. And I didn''t want to wear my engagement ring on the right hand (just not for me). The USA is the only place, I believe, that you wear your wedding ring on the left hand, so I am sort of splitting the difference.

Whatever you decide, I would really go for what you think you will want in the long run, and everything else will work out. I wouldn''t settle for what seems easiest or cheapest right now, if you can, because the choice might bother you later, and it seems like those things can usually work out. The rings are really pretty, though.

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Newenglandlady - thanks for the response. I did worry about the wedding band carat weight being too big to begin with. I initially told Leon to look for something in the 3 carat total range. He said not to go by carat but to go by mm size and especially since they were radiants they would be deeper than the rounds I tried on. Anyway, when I was there he brought in two sets of stones, the smaller ones were about 3.5 carats total and I kind of liked those. His thought was that the bigger ones were better as they gave more square definition and they would look great as a set together. I was completely honest with him in wanting to wear them together and sat there for a good 20 minutes debating what size to choose. In the end, I went with his judgment as he''s done many a ring and said they would look nice together. I guess I''m sort of mad at myself in that I didn''t listen to my inner voice nagging at me that it might not look that good when set. It''s not that I haven''t thought of wearing them separate but its more that I specifically designed them to be worn together. I do like the look of the wedding band by itself so its appearing to be my only option at this point if I keep it.

Po - I will try and take pictures later tonight and post. I thought I might get used to it but I''ve literally asked 15 co-workers for their opinions and they all say it overshadows the e-ring.

md - good suggestion, thanks. I am thinking of wearing the e-ring on the left and the wedding band on the right. Problem is my fiance was pretty adamant about wearing them together so even if other people may think I''m married he''s not going to be so happy about that.

I think I am definitely going to have the e-ring remade even if I have to suck up the cost. If I can''t wear it with the wedding band then no point in having it sit up really high. He split the shank to make the angle high enough and it just looks really weird. I really do wish he called me and consulted on it instead of just going ahead and getting it done.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2008 3:37:05 PM
Author: Po10472
are you able to take some photos to let us have a look - different angles etc?

maybe you need to get used to it, that it may grow on you.

remember, you''ve never worn them all together before therefore it will be a shock to see all this bling on your hand at once.

I totally agree with this. Pictures would be so helpful to give this some perspective. It seems odd that Leon''s suggestions would be so off, he usually is spot on.

I''m so sorry this is happening to you. We''ll get it worked out!

md74

Rough_Rock
Sounds like you know what you really want, and just (I know
8.gif
) need to get the wedding ring done smaller and the engagement ring fixed. I don''t know much about what the resale of the current WB would be, but it sounds like that is really what you want, and no matter what anyone else tells you, it would be a shame after all your efforts not to be fully happy with what you get. I hope it all works out for you as easily as possible!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Emeraldfan, I am so sorry that the two rings together are not what you were hoping for - I have to say that I think both are absolutely gorgeous. Would you consider wearing just a thin platinum band as a wedding band with the eternity band as a right-hand ring? I hesitate to ask as I know it was not it''s intended purpose and that you are disappointed -- but I think it would be spectacular. And honestly, splitting the two rings and not wearing them side by side could allow each to shine in its own gorgeous way. (Admitted bias here, I have a a 3 sided pave as my reset e-ring and wear nothing w/ it, and plan to wear my eternity band on right hand). I fell in love with larger eternity rings when I first saw Jennifer Garner''s engagement eternity band several years ago - one of the things I loved best was how well it looked on its own on her finger -- and I think yours is 10x as nice!!
30.gif
30.gif
And you could add a very thin eternity band on your left hand too down the line if that is still the look you want. I know you would incur the cost of resetting your e-ring lower but it sounds like that is the profile you prefer.

I''m so sorry this day didn''t end up being the 100% success you wanted, but BOTH your rings are magnificent and I hope that you come up with a way to give them both a home while still having a WB for your ceremony.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results