shape
carat
color
clarity

My Lemony Pear....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Some of you may remember that I had warm J pear that drove me mad with the warmth - I tried to sell it but the deal fell through and so I decided to keep it in the end. I also figured that instead of fighting the colour, I should embrace it. This type of thinking led me to get it re-set with a halo of natural yellow diamonds, surrounded by another halo. The ring is now ready but but it''s the wrong size!!!! Too big. However, my jeweller promised to get it re-sized on Monday and I''ll get it back by that night....so it''s back with him.

Here are some shots of when I first tried it on. I never thought I''d ever say that but I actually told DH that "the ring looks too big, too blingy!"...not sure if all of you feel the same so without further ado...here are a few shots.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry...forgot to attach the file. BTW, the pear is 3.22 ct.

YPearHalo1.jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a hand shot...

YHaloPearHand.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a side view...

YPearHalo4.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a unique setting! It''s so pretty!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do indeed remember your pear and your misgivings about the J colour, but it looks fabulous and with that lovely size, I am so glad you decided to keep it!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiaDiva, I love how you set your J pear with yellow diamonds! It is gorgeous and is huge. What a way to go with the color!
36.gif
36.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Zoe, Lorelei, Michelle!

Do you think the setting is too OTT? I haven''t actually worn it beyond the few minutes it took to capture those shots but for once in my life, I actually feel that this piece is a bit too big and bling. What do you think? I honestly didn''t think it would end up this large although I know halos are supposed to amplify a diamond but this one is kinda overwhelming....

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great, when you get it properly sized it will probably feel better if the diamond shank is a bit too big, but I really like it!!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
It is a beautiful ring, but since you are concerned about the size...have you considered just having the pear with the natural yellow halo? It could be set in a more conventional shank and look absolutely stunning
30.gif

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 8:54:30 AM
Author: DiaDiva
Thanks, Zoe, Lorelei, Michelle!

Do you think the setting is too OTT? I haven't actually worn it beyond the few minutes it took to capture those shots but for once in my life, I actually feel that this piece is a bit too big and bling. What do you think? I honestly didn't think it would end up this large although I know halos are supposed to amplify a diamond but this one is kinda overwhelming....
I love the diamond and yellow halo. But, I think (only because you asked) that the other halo going into the shank is a bit much. Can you have him redo it with a regular shank, and the pear with the yellow halo? That would be perfect! It's a gorgeous pear and I love the yellow diamond halo!

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
DiaDiva, your pear is gorgeous and the idea of yellow diamonds halo was really smart ! I do love the look of this halo. However, since you mention it, I agree that the shank halo style is a little overwhelming. I would go for a simpler dainty shank in order to let the eyes focus on your center stone and its yellow halo...What do you think ?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I also love your pear in that yellow halo, but I think that the rest of the setting takes away from your beautiful stone.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is an amazing ring! And that stone is beautiful, J and all! I love that you did a yellow halo, too-it looks great.

I agree with the others regarding the diamond shank-I would just keep the yellow halo and put a simple shank on it, if possible. Maybe you could do yellow diamonds in the shank, too, to give it more uniformity? I think without the additional diamond halo/shank it will look much less blingy and huge...but still huge in a good way.
28.gif

But either way, it is a gorgeous stone! Congratulations!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I''m with the other''s too.

I like the yellow halo, alot.

What if you did a shank with a mix of yellow diamond and white?
JB Star and Stardust Diamonds have some great color mixes if I remember correctly.

I would do a not too thin shank with a mix, but that''s just me.

FD21Bride

Shiny_Rock
I absolutly love the yellow halo around it but I too think the setting is overwhelming....I would keep the yellow halo and have the rest replaced with a simple yellow pave''d band....

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, it''s beautiful! I agree with the others with the shank halo. IMHO, it takes away from the pear, itself.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous!!! I would show it off!
36.gif
36.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
I love your pear. The ring is beautiful and blingy....

I tend to lean toward the yellow halo also and maybe have the jeweler remove the outside halo.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

DiaDiva--it is beautiful!
30.gif
I could wear it either way--with just the yellow halo or with it all toghether. I recently tried on a 8 carat pear with a double halo--first row pink diamonds, and it looked very blingy, cocktailish (someone else bought it!!)--but the rows/halo were very close together.
In your case, perhaps if the second white diamond row was set closer ,without the spaces, you might find it flows better or appears less, "large".. KWIM?

cheers--Sharon

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
wow!!! 3.22ct. pear---haloed---twice!!! it must be the equivalent of 10ct.. on your finger!!! i love the yellow halo, but agree that the 2nd is a bit much...you prob could pull it off with a smaller pear.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow...I think it''s beautiful...and different!

I''d definitely keep it as is for a while and see if it grows on you. It very well might! It''s lovely.

And if you ultimately decide you want to ''simplify'', it shouldn''t be too hard...

widget

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is beautiful.

I do not think it looks too much and I think it does suit your hand. I think it is because it is so open at the sides, if it was a built-in solid ring I think it may look more like a ring that is too much. It is classy looking.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, it''s beautiful..

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Very attractive and creative re-set! Do you find that using the yellow diamonds reduces the appearance of warm color in the center stone? From the photo it looks like it does.

I think you definitely improved the look - it''s very nice!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone, that was all good advice, indeed.

I think I''m going to do what Widget suggested...I haven''t actually worn this ring yet...I only wore it long enough to take the pics and it was 2 sizes too big for my ring finger...for some strange reason, my jeweller thought I wanted to wear it on my middle finger. We''ll see how I feel after wearing it for a while...and whether it grows on me. If nothing, it definitely stands out.

Beacon, I actually find that the opposite is true....my pear now looks more lemony (in a good way) rather than white. The yellow halo was definitely the right way to go but the 2nd halo...hmmm, will have to wait and see.

Thanks again for the feedback, everyone.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love the fact that you highlighted the yellow color of the pear w/ the yellow diamond halo!!! The ring is soo pretty...please post a TON of pics (after it''s sized!!!)!!!!
30.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
What a great idea, to ''pair'' a J pear up with a lemony halo. It looks great and certainly takes away the element of ''yellow'' from your main stone. Beautiful and congratulations!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
cool ring!! I love the yellow halo. In one of the pictures it seems to make the stone look more yellow and in another it seems to contrast with the stone and make it look more white. Interesting, none the less!!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
DD,
totally unique setting! maybe worht giving it some time to see if you will get used to it? or, what if you replace the outer white diamond halo with metal? Just an idea...

could you take a picture of the underside of the ring?? I definately need to see more!

If you don''t mind my asking, what do you and your hubby do for a living, you have quite the collection!! Bc either you guys are doing something very right with your money or I am doing something very wrong!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results