shape
carat
color
clarity

My Legacy Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone. I am new. I am an avid fan of Tiffany and I love to read and collect books written by John Loring. I received the below Legacy ring for my 10 year anniversary. It is 2.84 carat center stone. I have loved this ring since it came out. I never thought I would own one. I am still in shock. I just got it this week. :) I have read all the posts on the modified cushion cut center stone and the rings. I have to agree with DiaGem that the Legacy cushion cut is unique, and I have salivated over this ring since I first saw it in the Houston store so many years ago. :) Anyway, I feel so lucky to have stumbled across this site and I am amazed by the collections of rings and other jewelry from so many people and the knowledge of so many.
36.gif

My Legacy Ring.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY, it''s absolutely STUNNING!!!!! The color of the sapphire is amazing.............Congratulations! Welcome to PS by the way, now where are the hand pics?????

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
brava!brava!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Michelle! Thank you for your kind words. The ring was sent to NY today to be sized but I will get it back next week. Actually, the stone is *tanzanite*. Oh, I know how fragile they are. I am so worried, but I won''t wear it every day and I will be very careful. It is from Tiffany''s old inventory though it was cut in the last couple of years. I don''t think that even the top grade tanzanite that is being mined today has this color. The blue is very cobalt with very little red flash.--In fact, I can hardly see any red flash at all at any angle. Some very slight violet undertones. Overall it is just a vivid blue. The depth of the legacy cut adds so much dimension to it. Actually, I got to see a sapphire legacy as well. It was less than half the size in the center for about $5000.00 more. My husband said it was my choice, but I simply did not like the sapphire as much. I took my ring to a jewelry judge appraiser who has worked in the industry for 55 years. He said he had never seen a finer tanzanite, and especially in the last 15 years. It''s so beautiful. I didn''t want to part with it for sizing. LOL I know that sounds ridiculous. One funny thing about this whole experience: once I settled on the ring, I started to second guess the decision. I asked them to please ship in any other tanzanite legacies they had in my price range, and so they sent in three from others parts of the country. None of them were as beautiful as this stone. Everyone in the store, including the guys who work in the back room on the jewelry, said this was THE ONE. When I get it back, I will try to post a ring on hand shot. The picture was taken by the appraiser. Thanks again for taking the time to look at it and respond. :) This site is amazing.
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isabelle,
I am in love with your new ring!!! The color of that tanzanite is exquisite. I hope you wear it in the best of health!!! Oh and welcome to PS!!!!
35.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
STUNNING!! Can''t wait to see hand shots!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks you guys. It is so nice of you to comment on it and it is so great to be online amongst such jewelry experts/enthusiasts. :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow it is stunning! Thanks for sharing though we would love more photos
27.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Oh. my. gosh. I love it
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
It is just beautiful!!
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Isabelle, that is a fantastic tanzanite!! I would think that it would be protected quite a bit by the halo. When the stone is "the one" then you simply have to go with it and I can see why this one is "the one"! I can''t wait until you get it back and we can see some more pictures. Congratulations!!
30.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your beautiful new ring! The Legacy is something special and the color in that tanzanite is beyond gorgeous!!!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I can''t wait for the hand shots. I really wonder how many different stones they use for this design. I want one of each! lol

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks you guys! I really cannot wait until they get it back for me. I actually do know how many different stones they currently have for it MoonWater: spessartite garnet, pink sapphire, blue sapphire, tanzanite, aquamarine, green tourmaline, and....oh yeah: DIAMOND. LOL :)

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous color
30.gif
Congrats on your anniversary
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s sooooo gorgeous. they just got a tanzanite legacy in at my local tiffany''s and they really are beautiful. it wasn''t nearly as large as yours though. Congrats on your 10 anniversary and please post more pictures when you get it back from sizing.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
This is exqusite beyond belief
30.gif
30.gif
. I am totally in love with this and can''t wait to see hand shots.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! Yummy!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2008 11:13:34 AM
Author: Isabelle
Thanks you guys! I really cannot wait until they get it back for me. I actually do know how many different stones they currently have for it MoonWater: spessartite garnet, pink sapphire, blue sapphire, tanzanite, aquamarine, green tourmaline, and....oh yeah: DIAMOND. LOL :)

Ha! You are the best. Thank you! I want a spessartite garnet and pink sapphire.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Isabelle!

Welcome to PS! I love your ring and the tanzanite is stunning.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow-it''s beautiful! I love the legacy with a coloured stone.
30.gif
30.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2008 1:58:21 PM
Author: bee*
wow-it''s beautiful! I love the legacy with a coloured stone.
30.gif
30.gif

Thank you!! All of you guys are so nice to say such nice things. It just keeps my enthusiasm in overdrive while I wait for the ring to come back. LOL BTW, I bet your Lucida ring is gorgeous. The Lucida looks so beautiful on the hand. It''s a real eye-catcher.

RoseRed

Shiny_Rock
Isabelle your new ring is gorgeous--drop dead gorgeous!
30.gif
I don''t think I''ve ever seen a prettier tanzanite!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
That is a treasure. Congratulations!
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the most beautiful tanzanite ring I have ever seen, I hope you can post some more pictures for us to see!! I think that over time this ring will only increase in value with the good tanzanites like this becoming more rare. I would suggest getting it re-appraised and re-insured somewhat frequently with the delicate nature of this stone and increasing value. You have a truly special ring here!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is breathtaking Isabelle,truely breathtaking! Congratulations on your 10th, DH and I celebrated ours last May! Please remember to come back with handshots!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous!!!
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one fine looking tanz in a fantastic setting design.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results