shape
carat
color
clarity

My lan.bo4 setting (not LOGR)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because I think LOGR has gone nuts with his prices lately, I went to another dealer on ebay of Chinese made settings. I upgraded the 60 points diamonds to VVS, and did two tone rose gold (rg head and wg shank), and I am going to put my 5mm brownish pink diamond in here. I''m not happy with it in my Tacori style mounting. I think it will look much better in here. It''s really a lovely setting and I''m quite pleased with the diamonds. They do sparkle. It''s a little bit light on the gold weight, but I think the prices are better than LOGR.

lanbo41.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a closeup of the head.

lanbo4head.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL - how does this seller''s setting compare to the LOGR you''ve seen? Are the diamonds similar? Apart from the goldweight do you think it is worth the money?

Thanks very much for the piccies - it''s great to have options. How does your brown look in the setting?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/8/2008 4:14:08 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
TL - how does this seller's setting compare to the LOGR you've seen? Are the diamonds similar? Apart from the goldweight do you think it is worth the money?

Thanks very much for the piccies - it's great to have options. How does your brown look in the setting?
LD, the only difference I can see with lan.bo4 and LOGR is the gold weight. It's a bit more substantial on the LOGR, but the diamonds are very similar in size and sparkle factor for the upgrade. I was quite pleasantly pleased. I also know that LOGR would charge $50 extra for doing the two tone, and lan.bo4 only charged me $10 extra, and the diamond upgrade fee was less. I cannot vouch that these are 60 points in diamonds, but it's a very nice setting, and one that I am proud to take to my jeweler and put my beloved diamond in. I don't know how my diamond will look in it because it's sitting right now in the Tacori style mount. The problem with that is that the diamond has a lot of pink in it, but the white gold around it and the closed off pavillion makes it look too dark. I think this ring will make it look nicer since it's rose gold for the entire head.

Like you said, it's nice to have options, and I'm just aghast at the LOGR price increases.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for that TL. I''ve been looking at some of his settings but hesitated.

I can''t wait to see your re-set. Please post up pictures when it''s set won''t you?

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
That turned out great!
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif
Can''t wait to see it once you''ve had your stone set.

I am very happy with my ring from this same seller and was thinking about this exact one in rose gold for my mandarin garnet. Just got my daughter''s special order/size 12(!!! her ring size matches her shoe size, she''s 6"1!!!)ring Friday and I am pleased with that quality too,. The diamonds are very sparkly, even though I didn''t upgrade them in her ring, and they are white and bright. Already at the jeweler being set, but will post pics when it''s back.

So glad you got a nice ring from him too!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results