shape
carat
color
clarity

My kitty has to go to the vet :(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure when, but at some point my baby Cleo was bitten by something...I think. She snuck out of the house and wouldn''t come back in until the next morning, and for a couple days after she does this she is always super lethargic and sleeps a lot. (Probably cause she doesn''t sleep at all outside.) But then last night I noticed her licking the same spot next to her tail, so much the fur was flattened down and looked like a little crater among the rest of her fluff. I feel awful now, but I was teasing her, telling her that the spot was CLEAN, she could move on now.

Then she jumped on the bed, albeit sluggishly.

She had what looked like a bit of raw skin that she had licked until it was open and oozing. It smelled HORRIBLE. We knew it was too late for the vet to be open, so we waited until this morning to see how it looked. It had closed up overnight and didn''t smell, so my dad convinced us to wait...well, when we got home today, the spot was bigger and if you looked at it from an angle, you could see straight into her body. It was like a little hole, and one side is white and pus-y looking.

I am so freaked out! She is my baby, we had her since she was only 4 weeks old. What on earth could it be???

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
could be an abscess from a bite or other wound. you won''t know until you see a vet. please don''t let your dad talk you out of taking your cat to the vet in the future.

movie zombie

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! I don''t know where you live but there were no pet emergence rooms or hospitals? Well, I hope it''s not too serious and she recovers well. Please try to find a find a way to keep her inside at all times. I had a cat get run over and my cat had only snuck out two times.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 11:47:30 PM
Author: movie zombie
could be an abscess from a bite or other wound. you won''t know until you see a vet. please don''t let your dad talk you out of taking your cat to the vet in the future.

movie zombie
It would have been too late at night for us to take her anyway :/ I don''t think we have an animal ER here...I could be wrong, but I looked in the books for one and had no luck.

We have an appointment for her this afternoon when mommy can go with her, I''m sure she''s ok, it''s just a bad booboo. She isn''t acting weird at all now.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It definitely sounds like an abscess or something similar. Taker her to the vet as soon as you can. She''ll probably need a drain put in for a few days and definitely antibiotics.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, your poor baby!
39.gif

I''m sure she''ll be fine. Good Luck, and give her lots of treats!!!
1.gif

Let us know how it goes!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/3/2008 11:55:49 AM
Author: bee*
It definitely sounds like an abscess or something similar. Taker her to the vet as soon as you can. She''ll probably need a drain put in for a few days and definitely antibiotics.
Ditto - definitely an abscess. You do need to see your vet ASAP so it can be drained if necessary and properly cleaned, she may also need antibiotics. Get her seen as soon as you can to avoid possible complications.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 11:56:54 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Awww, your poor baby!
39.gif

1.gif

Let us know how it goes!
She looks remarkably like the kitty in your avatar :) They could be twins. She will get LOTS of treats when she gets home, and maybe a few tiny bites of ice cream, which she LOVES but is probably horribly bad for her lol.

Thanks for all the support ladies - lots of dust our way that my baby feels better tonight.
14.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/3/2008 1:04:26 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

Date: 10/3/2008 11:56:54 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Awww, your poor baby!
39.gif

1.gif

Let us know how it goes!
She looks remarkably like the kitty in your avatar :) They could be twins. She will get LOTS of treats when she gets home, and maybe a few tiny bites of ice cream, which she LOVES but is probably horribly bad for her lol.

Thanks for all the support ladies - lots of dust our way that my baby feels better tonight.
14.gif
That is adorable!! What flavours does she like??? She will probably be sore and a bit off colour, abscesses can make them feel wretched but she will soon be on the mend!

And lots of kitty dust outgoing!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wishing your kitty lots of dust.

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
keep us posted on how the vet visit goes!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 1:11:44 PM
Author: Lorelei

14.gif
That is adorable!! What flavours does she like??? She will probably be sore and a bit off colour, abscesses can make them feel wretched but she will soon be on the mend!

She has mostly only had vanilla, since chocolate is supposed to be bad for kitties I think? But she will come and put her paws up on our chair when she sees/smells that we have ice cream :) It''s the one time she begs. Oh, and for McDonald''s hamburger bread! She''s so funny.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww little baby. How sweet that she loves ice cream! I hope the visit to the vet goes well.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry your kitty is sick. I bet there is a lclinic within driving distance, just so you know for next time. We always take our cats to the emergency clinic if we''re not sure whether it''s an urgent situation, better to err on the side of caution.

Here''s a link to find local emergency clinics: Emergency Clinics

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 2:19:20 PM
Author: Haven
I''m sorry your kitty is sick. I bet there is a lclinic within driving distance, just so you know for next time. We always take our cats to the emergency clinic if we''re not sure whether it''s an urgent situation, better to err on the side of caution.

Here''s a link to find local emergency clinics: Emergency Clinics
Oohh thank you SO much! I am bookmarking that - turns out there is one near me, it''s just SUPER far away. It would have been worth it though.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/3/2008 2:02:12 PM

14.gif

She has mostly only had vanilla, since chocolate is supposed to be bad for kitties I think? But she will come and put her paws up on our chair when she sees/smells that we have ice cream :) It''s the one time she begs. Oh, and for McDonald''s hamburger bread! She''s so funny.
I would think chocolate is bad for them, so vanilla is a safe choice! Does she have some in her dish??

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 2:28:07 PM
Date: 10/3/2008 2:02:12 PM

I would think chocolate is bad for them, so vanilla is a safe choice! Does she have some in her dish??

She wants nothing to do with us now lol. Her meds smell like bubblegum though so she didn''t mind them!

We took her to the vet, and the extremely nice doctor told us she was bitten by something, probably a dog or maybe a racoon. She said it should be ok though, and cleaned it out real good with water and some medication, trimmed the fur back to keep it away from it, and gave us amoxicillon to give her twice a day. She was ok with the medicine, but she LOATHES her cone collar. I feel so bad putting it on her, but she just licks it too much, and the doctor said it would be a good idea...so at least for a day or two she gets the collar. She fought it for awhile but now she is sleeping with it on so she must be ok.

Thanks for all the dust ladies, Cleo is doing lots better :)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad to hear that your kitty is doing better. This happened to our family cat several years ago. She was an indoor cat, but our dog spooked her and she busted right through the screen! She did come back 24 hours later, complete with a HUGE hole to her thigh. We took her to the ER vet and she had to have antibiotics and we had to clean her wound for a couple of weeks...no cone collar though.

Anyway, get better kitty!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear that it wasn''t too serious. Definitely try and keep the cone on for as long as you can-it will heal so much quicker with it on. Hope she''s 100% soon!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have Synulox palatable liquid antibiotics which smell like bubblegum and are pink
4.gif
but you would think roast beef flavour might be better for cats....

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2008 6:08:55 AM
We have Synulox palatable liquid antibiotics which smell like bubblegum and are pink
4.gif
but you would think roast beef flavour might be better for cats....

I broke the quotes up there lol. It looks like I''m you
3.gif

And I know! I wondered why they didn''t try harder to make it taste yummy for kitties, but then, my kitty ONLY likes cat food. The only other human foods she is interested in is ice cream and McDonalds buns. She''s funny, but she seems ok with the taste of this stuff - until you give her a full squirting mouthful. Then she takes off like a bullet lol.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results