shape
carat
color
clarity

My Jeweller says 3 prong tennis bracelets are not SAFE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I''m still looking for a tennis bracelet and went back to my regular jeweller today.

He strongly advised against me purchasing a 3 prong tennis bracelet. He said with my active lifestyle and 3 small children I will start to lose diamonds in no time. All it takes is 1 prong to get snagged and the diamond will pop out.

He told me he Cartier design bracelets are hot sellers and that I should consider either that or a 4 prong. The cartiers was impressive with .10pts each at 5ctw but get close up and all I see is metal......not something I am at all interested in.

Would love to hear the opinons of professionals and owners of the 3 prong please.

But at the end of the day.....thats whats insurance for, no?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the 4 prong that looks like 3 that Wink sells.
Yes an active person might have problems with the lower end 3 or 4 prong bracelets but the 3 are worse.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with storm. I was just looking at those 4 prong bracelets that look like 3 from Wink the other day.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi sparkles, which cartier style was he recommending?

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
back to the drawing board again!!!!!!

The cartier style he was recommending was the trademark c''s turned into u''s on both side, the top of the u''s being the 4 prongs holding the diamonds

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
is the white flash half bezel too much metal for you? it is certainly safe and will not snag. the 5tcw does produce a nice sparkle.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Sparkles. I have a 7-carat 3-prong tennis bracelet and I haven't had a problem. I do not wear it all of the time - just on special occasions - so maybe that has something to do with it.

I love the looks of 3 prongs because the setting doesn't overwhelm the look of the bracelet with metal. This was really important to me. Some settings that I saw were all metal, particularly from side-view. I think the key is to get a quality piece. Not only can prongs bend/break, but links can fail too.

If you think you'll be hard on the bracelet, consider platinum.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve tried on all styles and my favourite was the 3 prong followed by the 4 prong. Whiteflash don''t do a 4 prong and winks modified 3 prong is way more expensive than WF''s 3 prong.

Bezel is not my thing......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results