shape
carat
color
clarity

My jeweller did a lousy job on my tacori ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peggyl

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

this is my first post, so bear with me, if i dont get the lingo down!

I recently got engaged (dec) and my fiance proposed to me with a tacori ring!
i LOVE my ring and all...

but i noticed my center diamond was a little jiggly, so I went to the jewellers to get it tightened. when I got it back, the sides of the prongs were discolored (like a rusty color) and the claws were blobs of metal.

and if not what should I do? i dont want to be a nusance at the jewellers...

im trying to take a decent pic of the ring, so i''ll post it in a bit...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2009 1:41:00 PM
Author:peggyl
Hi all!

this is my first post, so bear with me, if i dont get the lingo down!

I recently got engaged (dec) and my fiance proposed to me with a tacori ring!
i LOVE my ring and all...

but i noticed my center diamond was a little jiggly, so I went to the jewellers to get it tightened. when I got it back, the sides of the prongs were discolored (like a rusty color) and the claws were blobs of metal.

and if not what should I do? i dont want to be a nusance at the jewellers...

im trying to take a decent pic of the ring, so i''ll post it in a bit...
Hi Peggy,

I would take some photos of the problem areas for your records, and go back to the jeweller, show them what the problem is and ask them politely to correct it. Give them the chance to do it right, you are not being a nuisance! Hopefully it will be a straightforward fix, but keep us posted as to how you get on.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t worry about being a nuisance. You paid your jewellery to do a job and he should have done it properly!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I know how you''re feeling, because I''ve felt like a nuisance many times myself, but he really should correct the mistake. Hopefully he''l get it better this time around!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I would go back to jeweler and see if they can fix it. It will only bother you more if you don''t
35.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement peggyl & with tacori no less. Whoo!

I am sorry your diamond was loose and more so that the repair was not the best. I agree with Lorelei''s suggestion to document the current condition by a quick (clear) photograph. Then go back with written instructions of how the repair should have looked and ask the jeweller if he/she is able to complete the job. Get confirmation of any additional cost (should be none!) in writing and an estimated repair date with worse case date listed too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results