shape
carat
color
clarity

my jeweler dropped my diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

slofizz

Rough_Rock
as he was going to put the diamond in the setting he dropped it! it was about 1ft drop to this metal pan. you think i should be worried? Jsut my luck...dang

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
drum roll -hahahahahaha
9.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Hardy har har...Rich! Leave it to you, silly!

2.gif
rolleyes.gif
appl.gif

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If your diamond has a pointed culet and the diamond's culet hit the metal pan, yes you might, I said might, have a chipped culet. More than likely, you diamond is OK buy have them check the culet and you check it also.

slofizz

Rough_Rock
THANK YOU all for your advice!

My girl just loved it. I proposed to her over a game of scrabble! hahah
It was my turn first and i spelled MARRY*E to start the game. The * was a blank. so she looked at the word and said it out loud "Marry Me?" She was kinda like confused that's when I pulled the ring out and she was so so surprised. She got all teary eyed. haha.

The setting is a 14K white gold 3mm with 4 prongs. It looks so clean, classic, and elegant. This diamond is unbelievable. The price was right too. I would of spent almost 4 grand if I went with a store on Jewelers Row in Philly.

The culet is not pointed it says "none" on my cert. SO i'm probably fine, but i am going to have it appraised tomorrow when i get the ring sized.

Thank you all again
God bless
Ryan
twirl.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Ryan! What a wonderful proposal story, I love it. Best wishes and please post pics of your ring ASAP.
appl.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats and best wishes for your engagement...

That was a cute idea, proposing via a game of scrabble!

Very sweet story...

Have a long and happy life together.

win

slofizz

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much Win, I will have a picture shortly
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cute idea!! Can't wait to see pix of the stone.

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
Great proposal story....
Here's a neat follow-up idea. Save the scrabble game and glue the "marry me" letters on. Also glue on the letters with the date and time of the proposal. Have the board framed and give it to her for a gift. It'll be something she'll always treasure.

Just an idea! Best of luck.

vandelay101

Rough_Rock
That's nothing. When I was first looking for my diamond b4 I found this forum, a jeweler was showing me a princess with a pair of locking tweezers. I about fell off my chair when he goes to show me the stone and it flies outta the tweezers and bounces 20 feet across the store to the other counter and bounced on the glass table about 10 times. Needless to say, I didn't buy the diamond from him.

Robert O.

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
LOL!
That I would have liked to have seen!
1.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 8/1/2003 4:21:35 PM vandelay101 wrote:
That's nothing. When I was first looking for my diamond b4 I found this forum, a jeweler was showing me a princess with a pair of locking tweezers. I about fell off my chair when he goes to show me the stone and it flies outta the tweezers and bounces 20 feet across the store to the other counter and bounced on the glass table about 10 times. Needless to say, I didn't buy the diamond from him.

----------------

Yikes--I don't blame you. One of the first things they teach you in gemology is proper (i.e., gentle) use of the tweezers. Locking tweezers especially you have to be careful about screwing down because you can damage the stone easily (less so with diamonds, moreso with other gems). To have it so tight that it flies all the way across the store to the other counter... sounds like you were dealing with a real amateur.

3.gif

slofizz

Rough_Rock
Good News no damage to the diamond.
My ladies' diamond ring was appraised yesterday by Chris at www.gemappraisers.com , we were quite please with the results and everything matched up with the GIA cert. I saved alot of money buying the diamond off the internet www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com. ALOT

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results